Ticket price increases / decreases ;-)

I see that the Pit tickets for Minneapolis that I paid $250 are now on sale at Ticketmaster (not resale) for $375 and the Arena tour pit tickets are circa $600. I suppose basic economic principle of supply and demand, but a bit "stubhub" to increase the official price on the same show.

Make it rain..................

Edited by UK_GNR
Reflecting nature of discussion

Yeah and it is some bullshit. Plus they are doing something weird with the pit tickets. Maybe they are holding them and releasing them slowly. I never saw them on any of my pre-sales and I had every code and card that you needed. This morning they were selling pit one for 350 a piece,but you had to buy 2 of them. I only want 1 so I didn't buy anything.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

For Jovi last spring I paid a lot - like $400 per ticket for row 4 center aisle, that was months before show.   My buddy and wife bought day before, 1 row behind us for like $75 each LOL.   And I'm serious.  But hey- it was my wife's Super Bowl and we weren't gonna wing it like our friends did.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Original said:

All about demand.  We've seen shows where TM does a fire sale and prices plummet to move product.  And now as shows are basically sold out they jack prices on the few remaining tix.  It is what it is.   

This.

On the flipside, Detroit tickets at every level have been lowered and they'll keep going that way until (hopefully) demand and awareness increase at the last minute.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Original said:

For Jovi last spring I paid a lot - like $400 per ticket for row 4 center aisle, that was months before show.   My buddy and wife bought day before, 1 row behind us for like $75 each LOL.   And I'm serious.  But hey- it was my wife's Super Bowl and we weren't gonna wing it like our friends did.  

I am going by myself so I might just wing it lol. My wife cares nothing about going and I don't want to buy tickets for 2 so she can complain.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This.

On the flipside, Detroit tickets at every level have been lowered and they'll keep going that way until (hopefully) demand and awareness increase at the last minute.

I hope prices continue to fall lol. I am just pissed about the way they have handled the pit tickets for the newly added dates for this leg of the NA tour.

• Like 1

Tickets for the Vancouver and Gorge shows are still the original prices, and there's tickets in every about section available, including pit at the Gorge show. Gotta think those will see a price drop. It's unfortunate that they upped the prices but give lesser performances. $600 for an arena pit ticket it fucking unreal though, is it in some VIP package?

Edited by Gordon Comstock

3 hours ago, 31illusions said:

At my upcoming show Slash side tix were never available (yet). Duff side tix are 600 and you gotta buy 2. I might call TM at some point to swap for a Pit ticket, maybe closer to the show.

Play the game...call TM, if you don't like what you hear pipe em and call back.  It all depends who is on the line.  

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

are you aiming for Duff side? do you have the tix yet? i made sure to get the Slash side :D

No, I dont think I am ready for the pit yet...but am aiming to hopefully get a row 1 seat right behind the pit in the middle near Axl. I hope anyways! The keep holding and releasing all these seats every few days, playing games for sure with us fans! <_<

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

No, I dont think I am ready for the pit yet...but am aiming to hopefully get a row 1 seat right behind the pit in the middle near Axl. I hope anyways! The keep holding and releasing all these seats every few days, playing games for sure with us fans! <_<

hope you do too! i am plotting and planning how to find out where they might be hanging out, the show is on a Tuesday and we will be in Oakland on Sunday so that gives me some time to do some investigating. i could have gone to Sac, i know that city like the back of my hand but i don't trust Sac fans...they could some BS and Axl could call the show off! ( that was where someone threw a bottle of pee at Axl but pegged Duff right in the head instead. bunch of losers! :max:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hope you do too! i am plotting and planning how to find out where they might be hanging out, the show is on a Tuesday and we will be in Oakland on Sunday so that gives me some time to do some investigating. i could have gone to Sac, i know that city like the back of my hand but i don't trust Sac fans...they could some BS and Axl could call the show off! ( that was where someone threw a bottle of pee at Axl but pegged Duff right in the head instead. bunch of losers! :max:

Oh yeah...I remember hearing about that incident but didn't know what city it was in. Yikes. But GL with your investigation! ;)  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tickets for the Vancouver and Gorge shows are still the original prices, and there's tickets in every about section available, including pit at the Gorge show. Gotta think those will see a price drop. It's unfortunate that they upped the prices but give lesser performances. $600 for an arena pit ticket it fucking unreal though, is it in some VIP package?

GAPIT for Toronto Night #2 are $1000 a ticket

Spoiler

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Fortunately in Italy this type of things (still) doesn't exist. Each section has its price and It doesn't change!

This should be a common rule everywhere, to respect fans.

I suspect they are not going to sell a lot of these early tickets in small market areas, meaning they will start slashing the prices pretty quickly. Well, that is what I am hoping for lol. I have already seen it happening to some of the shows that have been on sale for a while. 

Edited by Tourettes2400