Forgive my question please.

Last night I watched 2001 Rock in Rio for the first time. At the end for Paradise City and thanking Beta Axl was shirtless. Now back in the day I do remember people and the media fat shaming Axl on some of the pics from the concert. So my question is has Axl ever went shirtless in concert after that?

He went open shirt a couple of tines in 2006.

The other time was i think in monterrey whete he was wearing an open mariachi vest in i think Monterrey 2007.

Theres also that time where he chsnged his shirt in i think the Rose Bar in 2010 in "public".

Edited by Mendez

Yeah, he went with an open shirt a couple of times when he was in good shape (as in the pic above).

But as far as I know he never went shirtless again on stage when he was a bit chubbier.

Guess the "fat shaming" had the expected effect on him.

1 hour ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Last night I watched 2001 Rock in Rio for the first time. At the end for Paradise City and thanking Beta Axl was shirtless. Now back in the day I do remember people and the media fat shaming Axl on some of the pics from the concert. So my question is has Axl ever went shirtless in concert after that?

he actually went shirtless in 2011 when he joined khaled live in switzerland after the formula 1 grand prix -- one of his finest guest apperances if you ask me

15 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

No?

14 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

he is getting in better shape as the tour goes on he will go shirtless one day again, I asked him if he would ever wear the white underwear on stage again and he just laughed so I don't think we will see those again

He be laughed of himself , he remember a young Axl 😜

47 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

he is getting in better shape as the tour goes on he will go shirtless one day again, I asked him if he would ever wear the white underwear on stage again and he just laughed so I don't think we will see those again

Thanks for your input. I really don't care to see him shirtless again. After watching the Rio show it dawned on me that it was where the pictures came from that he was made fun of. Then I wondered if maybe the ridicule had an impact on him. We ourselves...including me... are very hard on him alot. I guess I forget sometimes that he has feelings. His looks, his voice, the band break up, etc etc.

On 07/08/2017 at 4:14 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

Last night I watched 2001 Rock in Rio for the first time.

It's so good isn't it? :headbang: I still love that Exorcist intro followed by Jungle. I remember watching it on bootleg VHS back in 2001 and having such high hopes and dreams for Nu GNR <_<

6 hours ago, downliner said:

It's so good isn't it? :headbang: I still love that Exorcist intro followed by Jungle. I remember watching it on bootleg VHS back in 2001 and having such high hopes and dreams for Nu GNR <_<

It was good! Buckethead was interesting. That crowd was massive.