Guns partner with Harley Davidson

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

:lol:

"It's almost like a real relationship apart from the no sex thing"

AC/DC tour and maybe an album next year for Axl is the rumor. If so, no Guns until Fall 2019 would be my guess.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017/02/angus-young-planning-new-acdc-album.html?m=1

Won't Brian record a new album with AC/DC? I read he could record but not perform live. Would a new album be with Axl as their singer?

I don't think Axl could keep up doing stuff with two popular bands. One of them is going to fall short and if GNR doesn't put out new music, we fans won't like it.

Axl's enigma has not aged well, and then this nail in the coffin... 

Can we just officially disregard Axl's mystique any time we talk about him from now on? At least Crazy Axl gave us something to imagine with all of his elusiveness. This Businessman Axl I don't want to imagine.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You know what sucks? There was a time (absolutely zero pun intended) where I would have had a knock down drag out argument with you over this post. When you're right, you're right though and this band has become such a fucking joke in the last year alone that it's almost unbearable.

See above.

Not that you were attacking me personally, but I do have 2 things I'd like to defend at least myself on:

1) The only reason I'm going to see GN'R one more time (in Detroit in November) is because a friend who never got to see them with me wants me to go badly. It'll be his first GN'R show ever, so it'll at least be cool to watch him watch the show if that makes any sense. If it weren't for that, I would absolutely be done giving GN'R one dime for their worn out show.

2) I'm sure a lot of my posts as of late beg the question "WHY ARE YOU AN ADMIN ON A GN'R SITE IF YOU FEEL THAT WAY?" and my best answer to that is; I like the community. I've made some great online friends over the years and met many of them in real life who've become great "IRL" friends too, so I literally stick around just for that.

Edit-
I just re-read my post and I'm stunned by my own post lol. I mean............if anyone would have said to me in 2014 "Oh trust me, it'll be worse once Slash & Duff come back" I would have cordially invited them to go fuck yourself and probably banned them. Then I'd be sitting here now going "Fuck me! They were right! How is that possible??" lol

Edit Edit-
I'm constantly on the look out for new artists of all genres and thank god for that. If I sat around obsessing about this one bad, I'd barely even call myself a music fan!

Yeah Russ I wasn't being specific about yoy. It was more like a "there are better bands out there to suppor" kind of comment. Your posts on this thread were all spot on as always. Cheers.

• Like 1

Axl himself said in that interview that Paul Tollett of coachella was the reason for the reunion, basically the lure of the $.

touring and merch pay a lot more than music sales so not surprised by this HD bullshit.

corporate sell outs, they may throw us a bone next year with a self funded Ep or some shit but I doubt it. Now it's all about retirement funds 

It's not really surprising it's played out this way. These guys have expensive lifestyles on a sliding scale with (I imagine) Axl and his entourage being the most costly. I don't think anyone expects them to give that up or would care too much if new music was a bit more of a priority.

I think Russ is probably right that this is the tip of the iceberg considering all the patents applied for. Personally I'm holding out for a GNR musical toothbrush and a Melissa themed hair dye range. :lol:

1 hour ago, Damn This Jail said:

Axl's enigma has not aged well, and then this nail in the coffin... 

Can we just officially disregard Axl's mystique any time we talk about him from now on? At least Crazy Axl gave us something to imagine with all of his elusiveness. This Businessman Axl I don't want to imagine.

That is exactly how Rose was perceived up until the release of Chinese. I followed the Nugnr thing since it began with 'Oh My God' in 1999 and Rose was seen as this reclusive mad scientist tinkering around in a studio at night with a 'masterpiece' - in fact two or three masterpieces - and further, a lunatic on the sporadic tours (2002, 2006-07). There was a mystique factor and an integrity (however misguided) in working on some deranged electronic new version of Guns N' Roses. How he went from that to basically this,

Guns-n-roses-Axl-toast-1.jpg

is the strangest change in the whole Guns N' Roses story.

NB this current ''Kiss Axl'' actually began during Nugnr, sometime around 2011ish. The quasi-reunion merely opened the floodgates to endless lucre but the germ was planted during Nugnr's 'moustache era'.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2