THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

The difference for me is I can't ever remember Rafa making terrible tactical decisions. His team just played poorly / wasnt good enough. Bruce has spent millions, and continues to make poor decisions. Last might we played 5 at the back plus 2 defensive midfielders against the worst team in the history of the Premier league. We should have gone for it. And drop Hendrick.

One goal in 7 games aswell now isn't it. I haven't seen to much of Newcastle this season, whats the issue? Creativity, someone to stick it away or just all round negative approach? I think if it's the latter then Bruce must be on borrowed time.

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

The difference for me is I can't ever remember Rafa making terrible tactical decisions. His team just played poorly / wasnt good enough. Bruce has spent millions, and continues to make poor decisions. Last might we played 5 at the back plus 2 defensive midfielders against the worst team in the history of the Premier league. We should have gone for it. And drop Hendrick.

Five at the back was dreadful and Hendrick has been a terrible signing so far but neither of the Longstaff's are much better and Shelvey doesn't look interested.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

What's the issue? Creativity, someone to stick it away or just all round negative approach?

Yes, no and yes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Could have gone either way, but I feel we were closer there at the end. Need a win tomorrow.

I actually don't fear Liverpool as much as City. City is on fire now. 

Yes they got some swagger back. But what's happened to Liverpool's front line? that's like 3 matches without scoring now.

Edited by moreblack

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Could have gone either way, but I feel we were closer there at the end. Need a win tomorrow.

100% agree. Liverpool are off the pace and dont look like getting any consistency back but City now quietly starting to find their rhythm again which is ominous because when they're on it they are scarily good.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:01 AM, SoulMonster said:

MUTD plays bad... City wins this year...

Liverpool are heading in wrong direction at a moment, but MUTD didn't even try to win...

Just saw the Leeds United documentary series on Prime. Assuming the documentary give a truthful presentation of the club, the players, management and owner, never seen such a bunch of lovely lads and how can one dislike them? Never saw that much hugging outside of a funeral. Can't help myself from kind of rooting for them now.

The East End of Glasgow will implode at any minute. I won't be surprised if Lennon walks - fitting, considering it took a hiding from St. Mirren for Mowbray to be sent on his way. There is no other way to describe the past few months other than it being a total slap in the face to the supporters that travelled home and away watching utter dross throughout the 90's, with the board operating from a literal biscuit tin while Rangers dominated and threw money about like it was in endless supply. To get this far and shit the bed when it mattered most, to achieve something unprecedented, is very frustrating. The players don't seem interested and that is including the Scottish boys. Shambles. 

3 hours ago, Dean said:

The East End of Glasgow will implode at any minute. I won't be surprised if Lennon walks - fitting, considering it took a hiding from St. Mirren for Mowbray to be sent on his way. There is no other way to describe the past few months other than it being a total slap in the face to the supporters that travelled home and away watching utter dross throughout the 90's, with the board operating from a literal biscuit tin while Rangers dominated and threw money about like it was in endless supply. To get this far and shit the bed when it mattered most, to achieve something unprecedented, is very frustrating. The players don't seem interested and that is including the Scottish boys. Shambles. 

Although I genuinely sympathise, as a Newcastle United supporter I can only dream of a world where "9 titles in a row" isn't good enough.

44 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Although I genuinely sympathise, as a Newcastle United supporter I can only dream of a world where "9 titles in a row" isn't good enough.

It's just standards that have been embedded into the club since it was founded. I know you lot have a portion of support who think you should be matching the success of the Keegan/Robson era. The foundations you have in terms of stadium and support are all what the big clubs have behind them, yet hasn't quite turned out like that consistently, and none at all since Ashley's arrival. 

I know we'll disagree on this, but back in the day when he was with us, I fucking loved Bellamy. Jackie McNamara was in his testimonial season, so the chat was Bellamy had his phone stolen when they were in Ireland playing golf which led to Shearer and Freddy Shepard receiving a load of abusive texts ha! What a player, but a horrendous attitude that could have done a lot more in the game. 

36 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's just standards that have been embedded into the club since it was founded. I know you lot have a portion of support who think you should be matching the success of the Keegan/Robson era. The foundations you have in terms of stadium and support are all what the big clubs have behind them, yet hasn't quite turned out like that consistently, and none at all since Ashley's arrival. 

I know we'll disagree on this, but back in the day when he was with us, I fucking loved Bellamy. Jackie McNamara was in his testimonial season, so the chat was Bellamy had his phone stolen when they were in Ireland playing golf which led to Shearer and Freddy Shepard receiving a load of abusive texts ha! What a player, but a horrendous attitude that could have done a lot more in the game. 

Yeah agree. Ashley is a tosser and wj never win a league. Celtic however will win loads more leagues. That's actually my biggest gripe with the Scottish Prem - too much a one/two horse race. I actually liked Bellany, a bit of spirit on (and occasionally off) the pitch is a good thing. Bland emotionless / couldn't-care-less non-leaders don't deserve the Celtic or NUFC shirt.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Long may the Timplosion continue.

55 is coming.

3 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

Long may the Timplosion continue.

55 is coming.

I didn’t think Gerrard had it in him, but they have taken massive strides in the last two seasons while Celtic seem to have downed tools. Credit where it’s due.

55 will never happen though. Beliefs will differ, naturally, but I’ve always looked at the current incarnation of Rangers as ‘same flies, different shite’. Enjoy it though, had the shoe been on the other foot you’d expect the same!