THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

On 4/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, ToonGuns said:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

What's wrong with the status quo?!

There are many things wrong with status quo. But this is not the way to fix it. That guy Perez who is Real Madrid president fucked it huge before. When the last World Cup was about to start, he stole the Spain Team Manager and brought him to HIS Real Madrid. Needless to say that Spain National Tean left earlier from the World Cup because they lost their Manager. On top of  that it didn't go well for  Real Madrid either.

Perez is motherfucker piece of shit. I can't believe that other teams joined him in this moronic and ridiculous idea of this fuckin Super League!

I do believe that many things can and must be changed for the better when it comes to football and profit. And I hope this is a wake up call. But it won't be greedy and corrupted teams Presidents/CEOs the right people to be in charged of change.

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

There are many things wrong with status quo. But this is not the way to fix it. That guy Perez who is Real Madrid president fucked it huge before. When the last World Cup was about to start, he stole the Spain Team Manager and brought him to HIS Real Madrid. Needless to say that Spain National Tean left earlier from the World Cup because they lost their Manager. On top of  that it didn't go well for  Real Madrid either.

Perez is motherfucker piece of shit. I can't believe that other teams joined him in this moronic and ridiculous idea of this fuckin Super League!

I do believe that many things can and must be changed for the better when it comes to football and profit. And I hope this is a wake up call. But it won't be greedy and corrupted teams Presidents/CEOs the right people to be in charged of change.

Perez is piece of shit, yes, but that Laporta guy - he made a deal with him during election process in Barcelona (but didn't mention it)... Liverpool, Arsenal and MUTD owners are Amercians without any knowledge of football (said by themselves), Agnelli is Perez wannabe, and Milan/Inter owners are shady corporations(US/China) also not football connected.

The rest followed in fear not to miss the (money) tran.

Greed and trophy hunt by all (fans included) helped them to buy all these clubs...

Maybe, current ownes will sell, but similar will buy.

German model ("Regel 50+1" law that ensures that minimum of 50% + 1 share is in fans posession)is the only thing that can prevent it but not likely to spread accross Europe.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Perez is piece of shit, yes, but that Laporta guy - he made a deal with him during election process in Barcelona (but didn't mention it)... Liverpool, Arsenal and MUTD owners are Amercians without any knowledge of football (said by themselves), Agnelli is Perez wannabe, and Milan/Inter owners are shady corporations(US/China) also not football connected.

The rest followed in fear not to miss the (money) tran.

Greed and trophy hunt by all (fans included) helped them to buy all these clubs...

Maybe, current ownes will sell, but similar will buy.

German model ("Regel 50+1" law that ensures that minimum of 50% + 1 share is in fans posession)is the only thing that can prevent it but not likely to spread accross Europe.

I didn't know Laporta made a deal during the election process. In fact I was surprised when I read he joined Perez in this bullshit League. Thanks, now I know why :facepalm: Still Perez was the one who brought this idea. Barcelona is in very bad shape because the previous President gave Messi an obscene huge contract in order to keep Messi in the team. They are penniless now.

I knew about this system of fans share. But I don't know how it works. Nor I know how fans are in a position to buy stoke

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

I didn't know Laporta made a deal during the election process. In fact I was surprised when I read he joined Perez in this bullshit League. Thanks, now I know why :facepalm: Still Perez was the one who brought this idea. Barcelona is in very bad shape because the previous President gave Messi an obscene huge contract in order to keep Messi in the team. They are penniless now.

I knew about this system of fans share. But I don't know how it works. Nor I know how fans are in a position to buy stoke

They dont buy, they pay annual membership in non-profit organisation that own major share. The rest of it is owned by corporations/sponsors (in Bayern 75% by members/fans, the rest by addidas, audi, allianz)..

There are exceptions:

Bayer 04 Levercusen - owned by pharmaceuticals company Bayer, Wfl Wolfsburg - owned by VW and Hoffenheim - owned by Dietmar Hopp.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Eeerr... No! Come up with new ownership rules. Fans should have a say! On top of that, there should be some kind of salary cap system. Look at the NFL 

Those big 12 clubs wouldn't stand for a salary cup, look at Barcelona and Real Madrid who are a combined total of £800M in debt and they have signed Alaba on a huge 5 year deal and supposedly Mbappe on the way. Look at Man City, there is no way they are complying with current FFP regulations.

1 hour ago, BrayWyatt said:

Those big 12 clubs wouldn't stand for a salary cup, look at Barcelona and Real Madrid who are a combined total of £800M in debt and they have signed Alaba on a huge 5 year deal and supposedly Mbappe on the way. Look at Man City, there is no way they are complying with current FFP regulations.

A salary cap would actually be doing them a favour but only if it applies to every club in every country. Money in football is only as ridiculous as it is through clubs paying ever higher salaries and transfer fees to outbid the competition. I'd go one step further and have a transfer fee limit of some kind on top of a salary cap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

They must. Barcelona is broke!! The previous President spent a huge amount of money on Messi's contract. There is little left for anything else. And Real Madrid had a deal with JP Morgan because they are rebuilding their stadium. Now JP Morgan is not willing to keep going with that plan. On top of that the pandemic made things worst for them. And to football everywhere.

Salary cap brings control over how much a given team can spend. Those "huge 5 year deals" are killing the teams!

If clubs afford players salaries that aren't sustainable, then they deserve to go financially broke. The solution is simple, don't pay players too much. If that means you can't buy the Haalands and Mbappes and so on, then be it. Most clubs already operate with a limited budget and can't buy these players anyway. Now the big giants like Barca and RM will just have to make this lesson, too.

50 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If clubs afford players salaries that aren't sustainable, then they deserve to go financially broke. The solution is simple, don't pay players too much. If that means you can't buy the Haalands and Mbappes and so on, then be it. Most clubs already operate with a limited budget and can't buy these players anyway. Now the big giants like Barca and RM will just have to make this lesson, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/apr/23/jp-morgan-misjudged-football-fans-over-european-super-league

:wacko: :no: :facepalm:

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

This... Whay Messi must stay in Barcelona? Why would RM be entitled on Galactios. If they can afford it - no problems... 

And without Barcelona/RM pumping salaries and transfer fees - other clubs would spend much less because of chain reaction... 

Barcelona spent 500Mil € for Messi, bought Coutinho, Dembele, A.Turan and Griezmann for another 500 Mil - fuck them - eliminate them and let them do Fiorentina or Glasgow Rangers scenario... Then they would learn - this way - never.

When economic crisis started in Europe - Spaniards were angry when some German polititian (maybe even A.Merkel) said: Why would we finance Spains depts when they put money in football clubs...

Yeah, if no one can afford the most expensive players, and hence refuse to buy them because it would break their economy, then the prices of these players will be down-adjusted. That's the mechanism here. What we shouldn't accept is the big teams refusing to handle their economy more sustainable by coming up with terrible schemes like Super League to continue channeling more money into these clubs to sustain ever increasing salaries. It has got to stop, and if stupid clubs need to learn their lesson by going bankrupt, so be it. There are hundreds of smaller, more economically-wise clubs ready to step in and take over when the big ones falls under extreme salaries and ever-increasing debt. 

The Real Madrid president says young people are not interested in football anymore so that's why they need to change it. 

A. That is obvious bullshit designed to push his moneygrab through. 

B. If kids today are not interested in football then so what it's had a good run. Let them young cunts find something they are interested in and leave football to die with my generation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

The Real Madrid president says young people are not interested in football anymore so that's why they need to change it. 

A. That is obvious bullshit designed to push his moneygrab through. 

B. If kids today are not interested in football then so what it's had a good run. Let them young cunts find something they are interested in and leave football to die with my generation. 

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Trust an old out of touch dude to speak for young people... give me a break!

Spot on!!! What Real Madrid President claims is that kids don't watch a game between  Bulgaria and Romania teams. True! NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THAT!!! not only the young cunts as Real Madrid President says. Sure changes are necessary but the answer is not a Super League created  by greedy assholes.  We have the World Cup where players from Romania and Bulgaria can shine and eventualy Arsenal or Liverpool can grab them.

How to fix the Champions League? Give the CHAMPION AND ONLY THE CHAMPION the right to play. Those who finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th place should fight for their right to participate with  play off games among them or something like it

• 2 weeks later...