THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

34 minutes ago, Padme said:

Belgians, another team that underperformed. Italy needed a new begining. They didn't manage to qualify for the last WC. I don't think they were greatly misssed. But still it was shocking

When you have Shaun Maloney coaching you for the game of football, you should be winning everything.

God bless the wee fella.

On that note, do it for Massimo.

Former Celtic midfielder Massimo Donati feels UEFA ruling is "impossible" -  67 Hail Hail

Edited by Dean

I heard a football analyst say yesterday that England played their best game of the tournament and Italy one of their worst, yet the difference was still small. England should have really taken advantage of Italy not playing their best game yesterday.

19 years of age and having the balls to step up when others may have shirked away...very impressive. Inevitable that they will be feeling shite, but it's some achievement for England getting to this stage and it's still a really young squad that they have, so despite how happy I am this morning, it's certainly a worry for years to come should England continue to progress and develop, which you'd be foolish to bet against them doing so. To our English friends on here, please take comfort that the auld enemy up the road won't qualify for a major tournament for another 25 years most likely :lol: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I heard a football analyst say yesterday that England played their best game of the tournament and Italy one of their worst, yet the difference was still small. England should have really taken advantage of Italy not playing their best game yesterday.

England after goal in 2nf minute only defended, and only 1 team playes. OK, Sterling dived here and there but this time referee didn't fall for it...

English fans showed real class again :D

(1) 'It's coming to Rome' 🤣 - Leonardo Bonucci is EVERY Italian fan right now - YouTube

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Not sure which analyst that is, but he needs to go to Specsavers. For 30 mins of the first half England were good and the Italians got stressed. England were too defensive though and should have pushed more for a second goal. However then on Engkand played poorly and the Italians were very good - the stats show this (shots, and possession). As an Englishman I can say - well played Italy, you deserved it.

12 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Not sure which analyst that is, but he needs to go to Specsavers. For 30 mins of the first half England were good and the Italians got stressed. England were too defensive though and should have pushed more for a second goal. However then on Engkand played poorly and the Italians were very good - the stats show this (shots, and possession). As an Englishman I can say - well played Italy, you deserved it.

I don't think he was saying that England was playing better, just that they were better than in previous matches and that Italy played overall better in previous matches. I don't know, I haven't seen enough matches to have an opinion. 

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

It is down to manager at the end. Southgate is good manager but not excellent as Mancini. From the start of the tournament Southgate played cowardly relying only on individual quality. With substitutions by the book not by field situation and with only few bright moments. 

But as an Croatian supporter I can only say I wish we had Southgate as manager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Popcorn crew said:

It is down to manager at the end. Southgate is good manager but not excellent as Mancini. From the start of the tournament Southgate played cowardly relying only on individual quality. With substitutions by the book not by field situation and with only few bright moments. 

But as an Croatian supporter I can only say I wish we had Southgate as manager.

100%. England were too defensive.

World Cup only 18 months away though... just hope the fact it is in Qatar doesn't spoil the whole festival.

3 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

England after goal in 2nf minute only defended, and only 1 team playes. OK, Sterling dived here and there but this time referee didn't fall for it...

English fans showed real class again :D

(1) 'It's coming to Rome' 🤣 - Leonardo Bonucci is EVERY Italian fan right now - YouTube

And how right he is!!

All Roads Lead to Rome

The literal meaning is that whichever road one takes, they will always end up in Rome. This is because in the ancient Roman Empire, Rome was placed as the center and all the roads were constructed in a manner that they all eventually led to Rome.

They came, they saw, they conquered :ph34r:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They make me ashamed of being English, such deeply disturbing behaviour from a lot of people in this country. Sad little cunts. 

100% agreed. Those players have done more for England than any of those racist cunts. Rashford is a hero in my book :heart:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

100% agreed. Those players have done more for England than any of those racist cunts. Rashford is a hero in my book :heart:

I’ve just seen what the absolute cunts have done to his mural. It’s beyond sick. 

I fucking hate them. They’re a huge disgrace and we need to do something about them. It’s not okay to let them get away with this shit. 

• Like 1