THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

7 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

So uh Gylfi's a nonce. 

What the fuck is wrong with folk these days? Leigh Griffiths done similar but was recently cleared. Any 30 year old man messaging 16 year olds is a fucking wrong one.

I'm carefully beginning to have some hope of United finally winning the league again.

When you think about it, the European Super League scandal may have been the best thing that's happened to Man Utd in years. It directly led to the Glazers starting to invest and better the team (while still neglecting the women's team, mind), as well as hiring staff such as John Murtough for football director and a set piece coach. 

With Sancho finally in the team, and Varane all but confirmed to join, there's only one major gap left in the midfield to plug before I can truly see Man Utd as title challengers. Would love for Declan Rice to join, but it seems pretty unrealistic in terms of the fee.

I'm sure we'll win something this year, but every summer when I'm cautiously optimistic, we manage to fuck it up somehow :D

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

@Dean, what in the name of the wee man is this monstrosity?

I thought it was bad enough with all the Postecoglou compilations with Electric Avenue over the top of it, but that is just on a completely different level 😂😂😂

This is going to be a long season for Celtic. Staggering that we're in this position following Lennon's departure 6 months ago, the faffing around waiting on an answer from Eddie Howe and now sheer naivety in the transfer department, starting the season so under prepared and already knocked out of the biggest competition along with being 1-0 down to Hearts. Brutal.

Joe Hart is making his Celtic debut tonight. It'll be interesting. He's a signing that has divided opinion, but one this is for certain, he is vastly superior than what we have currently. What I do find outrageous is that he has 75 caps in comparison to Fraser Forster's 6. I have no doubt in my mind that when Fraser was at the peak of his powers, there wasn't any English goalkeeper better than him, especially around the time of "La Gran Muralla".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...