THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

3 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

We are overachieving this season. We are ahead of schedule.

I would have been happy with finishing tenth and winning the league cup.

Do the league cup winners qualify for the Europa League, the Europa Conference League or neither?

Winner of the League Cup qualifies for Conference League. But I think you lot are going to have an uphill battle with both Pope and Dubravka unable to play. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I think you lot are going to have an uphill battle with both Pope and Dubravka unable to play. 

Naturally, perhaps the script is written for Karius to redeem himself.

As long as we give it a go unlike back in 1999.

Hypothetical, what would happen should Newcastle win the league cup, finish fourth AND Manchester United win the Europa League?

Just a weird game. It didn't hit me as hard as when we lost 6-1 to Tottenham, which was more representative of where we were at the time. This game was a fluke, for both teams, which is confirmed by our seasons. Still, excellent by Liverpool, they needed United go get back into the swing of things. 

Normal service resumed. 

I knew Bournemouth would be a possible loss, it took Arsenal 98 minutes to beat them last weekend… 

What pisses me off is all it takes is a long ball over the top and we’re done. Everyone can see it apart from the staff and players. Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark. These guys are a shadow of what they were a year ago. 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, SoulMonster said:

Just a weird game. It didn't hit me as hard as when we lost 6-1 to Tottenham, which was more representative of where we were at the time. This game was a fluke, for both teams, which is confirmed by our seasons. Still, excellent by Liverpool, they needed United go get back into the swing of things. 

I’m friends with a lot of United fans and kept my mouth shut last weekend. United will finish higher and with more trophies than us, that 7-0 result will be  the highlight of our season. 

I shudder to think what will happen against Madrid. There’s a slim chance we score 4 but there’s zero chance we keep a clean sheet. Watch them set Vinicius Jr on Trent and spend 90 minutes running at him…. Carnage awaits. I hope I’m wrong. 

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

I’m friends with a lot of United fans and kept my mouth shut last weekend. United will finish higher and with more trophies than us, that 7-0 result will be  the highlight of our season. 

I shudder to think what will happen against Madrid. There’s a slim chance we score 4 but there’s zero chance we keep a clean sheet. Watch them set Vinicius Jr on Trent and spend 90 minutes running at him…. Carnage awaits. I hope I’m wrong. 

Highlight for you and lowest point for us. I feared it would be the turning point for you guys, but then you went ahead and lost against Bournemouth, although I think you deserved a better result in that game.

I think I am going to watch the Madrid vs Pool game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...