THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

• 1 month later...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/35511/12915076/hannah-dingley-forest-green-rovers-caretaker-boss-becomes-first-woman-to-take-charge-of-senior-professional-mens-team-in-england

Massive news for football what do we all think. I personally really hope this pays off well and this opens loads of future opportunities for women managers 

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2023 at 5:23 PM, kingcanyon said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/35511/12915076/hannah-dingley-forest-green-rovers-caretaker-boss-becomes-first-woman-to-take-charge-of-senior-professional-mens-team-in-england

Massive news for football what do we all think. I personally really hope this pays off well and this opens loads of future opportunities for women managers 

It's a results driven business, with the added pressure of being the first. If it goes well, she'll be a trailblazer, knocking down doors. But if it goes badly, it could set the cause back years.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, Eric Cantona said:

United is currently three points away from City. Pretty absurd considering the doomsday situation United's been made out to be in this season.

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. If someone would have told me we would be trailing behind City with only three points before the season, I would have been thrilled, it would normally mean we'd be very close to the top. Still, only 6 points or so from there to Arsenal on top. A very fun season, really, with so many teams able to take points of the best ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I was actually thinking about this earlier today. If someone would have told me we would be trailing behind City with only three points before the season, I would have been thrilled, it would normally mean we'd be very close to the top. Still, only 6 points or so from there to Arsenal on top. A very fun season, really, with so many teams able to take points of the best ones.

Very yo-yo like, to say the least. Saw this stat last week about how Onana was apparently one of the best keepers in the league, while letting in the most goals in our Champions League group. And on the other hand we have Højlund, with no league goals but is/was the top scorer in the Champions League. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Oh shit this is soccer

Just pretend you're talking about Scottish club, Livingston. Their nickname is "the Lions" and they're having a dreadful season. You'll blend right in, no one will notice!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

I spent all of Friday morning listening and laughing to Scousers calling into radio shows and literally crying live on air.

I'm so fed up with it already.

Under Klopp they've had Gerrard, Trent A-A, Robertson, Salah, Allison, VVD, and every Liverpool fan will tell you each of those is world class and the best player the Prem has ever had in each of those positions.

So, with a spine and wing backs like that, they conquered for the past 7 years right?

1 prem? Same as Conte.

1 CL? Same as Di Matteo.

1 FA Cup on pens? Meh.

1 League Cup because of corrupt VAR lines? Fraud.

So underwhelming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...