THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, terrible idea. A league of 20 teams where 15 teams can't get knocked out? Who the fuck are these 15 teams to think they are the best for eternity? Tottenham and not PSG? Arsenal and not Bayern Munich? To insulate themselves from competition from "lesser teams"? What hubris! Just a few teams playing against each other all the time - how boring. Fuck this idea. Fuck the Glazers. 

Yep, they are loosing money these years - with Leicesters, Atalantas "stealing" their spot.

Now they want to get rid of them...

And Spaniards - they are broke, so this is the last chance for them keeping the "top of the world" position...

As LFC, let them walk alone, fuck them...

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(if it gets that far haha!)

Celtic's greatest ever captain sadly passed away last night after a long battle with dementia. The first man hailing from the UK to lift the big cup. He's one of the most decorated players in the

Who's going to tell him that's not an English flag?  

Posted Images

FUCK THEM!

I‘m going back to watching amateur football in Germany. Reasonable ticket prices, real fans, players who still give all they got for their clubs, no horrendous transfer fees and most importantly, only 2€ for a pint!

I really hope that this league flops and the clubs participating will be punished by UEFA/FIFA/national FA‘s. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

What's wrong with the status quo?!

They've not been the same since Rick Parfitt passed away :lol:

Mass uproar regarding this, though opinions seem to be divided on some of the forums I check out. Dion Dublin was on the radio this morning saying that if FIFA are threatening to ban players who partake in this from playing international football, that'll be enough to convince them to think twice about it. It's hard to see modern elite players turning down more sums of money though.

Edited by Dean
Fuck sake, wrong member
7 minutes ago, Dean said:

Dion Dublin was on the radio this morning saying that if FIFA are threatening to ban players who partake in this from playing international football, that'll be enough to convince them to think twice about it.

I read that too. Not too sure whether FIFA can legally do this? I guess when they try to ban players from international football they will go to court 

43 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I read that too. Not too sure whether FIFA can legally do this? I guess when they try to ban players from international football they will go to court 

Well, I think they can - both FIFA and UEFA are "private" organisations - Their house, their rules - if you don't agree don't come in.

I hope they'll stand still.

German clubs turned down (both BvB and Bayern). DirtyDozen then contacted RB Leipzig, but even they don't want to participate...

• Like 1

Mourinho fired, allegedly because of a row over "super league". Smart of Mourinho to leave because of that, now he can get out before he runs the club down into the mud and even get out with his head held high. 

I hope other managers take a stand against this atrocity. Come on Ole Gunnar!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Mourinho fired, allegedly because of a row over "super league". Smart of Mourinho to leave because of that, now he can get out before he runs the club down into the mud and even get out with his head held high. 

I hope other managers take a stand against this atrocity. Come on Ole Gunnar!

Is there any reliable source for the Mourinho Super League rift rumours?

3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Yeah as Jaro mentioned, they're private organizations so they'll do as they see fit.

I just assumed Mourinho had been chased due to Spurs being below par. I'll be keeping an eye on that. A lot of the big jobs will be available in the summer the way things are going. I'll be curious to see who the Celts get in. Howe is rumored to have agreed in principle but I've never been convinced of that and the prospect of Roy Keane's return to management is dividing opinion - I hate the thought of the Scottish media making a big thing out of United and Liverpool, which would be inevitable, if Keane were to get the job.

My friend was on about Rodgers maybe going to Spurs, but I can't see him leaving Leicester with the way things are going unless it was a big job in England but the way things are the now, I'm not really sure who would qualify for that currently.

I'm done with football at that level if this is what it is.  This takes away the enjoyment of it all. These clubs have actually made the names of the suppousedly legendary club's seem dirty and cheap. I hate the idea.

6 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Well, I think they can - both FIFA and UEFA are "private" organisations - Their house, their rules - if you don't agree don't come in.

I hope they'll stand still.

German clubs turned down (both BvB and Bayern). DirtyDozen then contacted RB Leipzig, but even they don't want to participate...

How the fuck have Spurs positioned themselves into this. A club that hasn't won their league in over 60 years and not won a trophy in over a decade. All of these clubs are dead to me now. 

• Like 1
On 4/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, ToonGuns said:

Worst. Idea. Ever.

What's wrong with the status quo?!

There are many things wrong with status quo. But this is not the way to fix it. That guy Perez who is Real Madrid president fucked it huge before. When the last World Cup was about to start, he stole the Spain Team Manager and brought him to HIS Real Madrid. Needless to say that Spain National Tean left earlier from the World Cup because they lost their Manager. On top of  that it didn't go well for  Real Madrid either.

Perez is motherfucker piece of shit. I can't believe that other teams joined him in this moronic and ridiculous idea of this fuckin Super League!

I do believe that many things can and must be changed for the better when it comes to football and profit. And I hope this is a wake up call. But it won't be greedy and corrupted teams Presidents/CEOs the right people to be in charged of change.

33 minutes ago, Padme said:

There are many things wrong with status quo. But this is not the way to fix it. That guy Perez who is Real Madrid president fucked it huge before. When the last World Cup was about to start, he stole the Spain Team Manager and brought him to HIS Real Madrid. Needless to say that Spain National Tean left earlier from the World Cup because they lost their Manager. On top of  that it didn't go well for  Real Madrid either.

Perez is motherfucker piece of shit. I can't believe that other teams joined him in this moronic and ridiculous idea of this fuckin Super League!

I do believe that many things can and must be changed for the better when it comes to football and profit. And I hope this is a wake up call. But it won't be greedy and corrupted teams Presidents/CEOs the right people to be in charged of change.

Perez is piece of shit, yes, but that Laporta guy - he made a deal with him during election process in Barcelona (but didn't mention it)... Liverpool, Arsenal and MUTD owners are Amercians without any knowledge of football (said by themselves), Agnelli is Perez wannabe, and Milan/Inter owners are shady corporations(US/China) also not football connected.

The rest followed in fear not to miss the (money) tran.

Greed and trophy hunt by all (fans included) helped them to buy all these clubs...

Maybe, current ownes will sell, but similar will buy.

German model ("Regel 50+1" law that ensures that minimum of 50% + 1 share is in fans posession)is the only thing that can prevent it but not likely to spread accross Europe.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Perez is piece of shit, yes, but that Laporta guy - he made a deal with him during election process in Barcelona (but didn't mention it)... Liverpool, Arsenal and MUTD owners are Amercians without any knowledge of football (said by themselves), Agnelli is Perez wannabe, and Milan/Inter owners are shady corporations(US/China) also not football connected.

The rest followed in fear not to miss the (money) tran.

Greed and trophy hunt by all (fans included) helped them to buy all these clubs...

Maybe, current ownes will sell, but similar will buy.

German model ("Regel 50+1" law that ensures that minimum of 50% + 1 share is in fans posession)is the only thing that can prevent it but not likely to spread accross Europe.

I didn't know Laporta made a deal during the election process. In fact I was surprised when I read he joined Perez in this bullshit League. Thanks, now I know why :facepalm: Still Perez was the one who brought this idea. Barcelona is in very bad shape because the previous President gave Messi an obscene huge contract in order to keep Messi in the team. They are penniless now.

I knew about this system of fans share. But I don't know how it works. Nor I know how fans are in a position to buy stoke

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

I didn't know Laporta made a deal during the election process. In fact I was surprised when I read he joined Perez in this bullshit League. Thanks, now I know why :facepalm: Still Perez was the one who brought this idea. Barcelona is in very bad shape because the previous President gave Messi an obscene huge contract in order to keep Messi in the team. They are penniless now.

I knew about this system of fans share. But I don't know how it works. Nor I know how fans are in a position to buy stoke

They dont buy, they pay annual membership in non-profit organisation that own major share. The rest of it is owned by corporations/sponsors (in Bayern 75% by members/fans, the rest by addidas, audi, allianz)..

There are exceptions:

Bayer 04 Levercusen - owned by pharmaceuticals company Bayer, Wfl Wolfsburg - owned by VW and Hoffenheim - owned by Dietmar Hopp.

10 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Ban the 12 from europe next season.

Eeerr... No! Come up with new ownership rules. Fans should have a say! On top of that, there should be some kind of salary cap system. Look at the NFL 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Padme said:

Eeerr... No! Come up with new ownership rules. Fans should have a say! On top of that, there should be some kind of salary cap system. Look at the NFL 

Those big 12 clubs wouldn't stand for a salary cup, look at Barcelona and Real Madrid who are a combined total of £800M in debt and they have signed Alaba on a huge 5 year deal and supposedly Mbappe on the way. Look at Man City, there is no way they are complying with current FFP regulations.