THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

52 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

yes but in 1966... But yes, I started following football in 1990, with that Dutch Ac Milan... Marco Van Basten is still my favorite player ever. That generation should have win more...

Sorry, but I believe that the Johan Cruyff generation were the ones who deserved to win more

Cruijff's generation perfected total football and became famous for that. 

But since the 70's Dutch football has only had a few meagre years. Early/mid 80's and in the second half of the 2010's.

Apart from that, every generation has had exceptional players.

Cruijff, van Hanegem, Neeskens, Gullit, Rijkaard, Koeman, van Basten, Davids, Bergkamp, van Persie, Sneijder, Robben, just to name a few.

Now you have van Dijk, Depay and de Jong, but van Dijk was injured and Depay wasn't good at all this tournament. Maybe next year.

3 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

yes but in 1966... But yes, I started following football in 1990, with that Dutch Ac Milan... Marco Van Basten is still my favorite player ever. That generation should have win more...

Shhh! Don't remind them :P .

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

My heart is broken after pulling back and than extra time. Brekalo is not right back. Some classical sub mistakes. But nevertheless great comeback.

I was gutted when you put us out, but I was definitely cheering on Croatia tonight.

Sad to see Barišić get so little game time over the course of the tournament. If he's injured then I hope it's not too serious. He's currently my favourite player at Rangers - if you can get him to contribute to the national team what he offers us in domestic and European competition, you'll have an absolute superstar on your hands, he provides so many quality crosses, (many of which become assists) and great free kicks (many of which become goals).

4 hours ago, Graeme said:

I was gutted when you put us out, but I was definitely cheering on Croatia tonight.

Sad to see Barišić get so little game time over the course of the tournament. If he's injured then I hope it's not too serious. He's currently my favourite player at Rangers - if you can get him to contribute to the national team what he offers us in domestic and European competition, you'll have an absolute superstar on your hands, he provides so many quality crosses, (many of which become assists) and great free kicks (many of which become goals).

I think they said he was injured but our manager without any game knowledge is main problem. He have great generation in his heads yet he manage to screw them by putting them on wrong positions and including some "woods" in top 11 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

Apparently some kind of injury, but I don't trust anything our Clown of coach says...

• Like 1

That was some result for England, it’s the first game that questions have really been asked and they stepped up to the plate. Can they reach the final? I wouldn’t put it past them but I’m pinning my hopes on Wee Maloney doing us a turn! 🇧🇪 

10 minutes ago, Dean said:

That was some result for England, it’s the first game that questions have really been asked and they stepped up to the plate. Can they reach the final? I wouldn’t put it past them but I’m pinning my hopes on Wee Maloney doing us a turn! 🇧🇪 

I agree it was a great result for England. But at the same time England played against a worn out Germany. Since the last WC Germany has been an embarrassment for the most part. They needed a huge change that didn't happen.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

I agree it was a great result for England. But at the same time England played against a worn out Germany. Since the last WC Germany has been an embarrassment for the most part. They needed a huge change that didn't happen.

It'll be interesting to see how the Germans cope under new leadership. Maybe a change of scenery will suit both parties?

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Well done, England! Now you can go all the way.

Or as my buddy put it last night "Crimea River!" :lol: 

• Haha 1

England have been the more convincing of the two, the Danes were really needing to get to the break with the lead, but what a free kick that was.

Do yer auld faither proud, Kasper.