THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Joe Hart is making his Celtic debut tonight. It'll be interesting. He's a signing that has divided opinion, but one this is for certain, he is vastly superior than what we have currently. What I do find outrageous is that he has 75 caps in comparison to Fraser Forster's 6. I have no doubt in my mind that when Fraser was at the peak of his powers, there wasn't any English goalkeeper better than him, especially around the time of "La Gran Muralla".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Manchester United fan dont know if Ronaldo is good addition to the team. His work etic is incredible but still his ego could be higher than club expectations. Especially Bruno's game will suffer. Maybe he will prove me wrong. Yet having Ronaldo back bring back some good memories.

2 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

As Manchester United fan dont know if Ronaldo is good addition to the team. His work etic is incredible but still his ego could be higher than club expectations. Especially Bruno's penalties will suffer. Maybe he will prove me wrong. Yet having Ronaldo back bring back some good memories.

I corrected this for you

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

As Manchester United fan dont know if Ronaldo is good addition to the team. His work etic is incredible but still his ego could be higher than club expectations. Especially Bruno's game will suffer. Maybe he will prove me wrong. Yet having Ronaldo back bring back some good memories.

If anything, he'll elevate them to another level. That squad doesn't have a winning mentality, he'll be sure to change that. 

• Like 1

Ronaldo's a born winner, Varane is a winner, the squad needs this kind of players to instill that mentality into the squad. Whether Ronaldo makes an impact on the pitch or not, he's going to make an impact on young guys like Rashford, Greenwood and the youth academy players.

BUT that being said, he's still a deadly striker. All Bruno and Pogba have to worry about is to make the correct pass forward to him.

And we've already seen Varane steady the defense on his first game. These are good steps forward. 

• Like 1