THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Parodied in GN'R Lies nonetheless.

Tits, footy and gossip. To be read in a white van with talksport on.

I don’t know how many times a taxi driver has used The Sun to illustrate the evils of ISIS to me while stuck in traffic. 

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Dear Columbians, please elimate these English cunts because...uh...fuck knows :lol:

So we don't have to hear the incessant media commentary about them :P . Half time in that Sweden - Switzerland game there was a Gareth Southgate special and plenty discussion of England vs Colombia. Which would be fine if they didn't share a broadcast media with other countries that aren't England who perhaps have no particular interest in how England are doing in comparison to the other countries in the tournament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

The Sun, to explain, is a bottom of the barrel lowest common denominator tabloid rag.  It really is toilet paper.  Its a tits and football paper, have a quick google of some of their headlines, you’ll get the picture.  At one point in the 80s one of their front page headlines was, seriously now, FREDDIE STARR (a comedian) ATE MY HAMSTER.  It is not a newspaper to be taken seriously is my point, its for retards.

Aright then. Nothing new in the horizon for them :lol:

We have a similar one, they are not usually mean bastards, but one day they wrote this headline: "4 people and 1 bolivian dead in car accident" 

:facepalm: :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Graeme said:

So we don't have to hear the incessant media commentary about them :P . Half time in that Sweden - Switzerland game there was a Gareth Southgate special and plenty discussion of England vs Colombia. Which would be fine if they didn't share a broadcast media with other countries that aren't England who perhaps have no particular interest in how England are doing in comparison to the other countries in the tournament.

Archie Gemmill's goal beckons. 

10 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Do they share a broadcast media with countries that have no interest in how we're doing?  What countries would those be, what, Scotland?  Well yous have a keen interest I'd've thought, no one wants England to lose more than yous lot :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

We have a similar one, they are not usually mean bastards, but one day they wrote this headline: "4 people and 1 bolivian dead in car accident" 

Saying you’re all a bunch of cokeheads is compliment from The Sun.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They always do stupid word rhymey puns too, ones that often involve a distinct lack of actual rhyme. 

• Haha 1

They went around Scotland to test this ''anybody playing England'' theory and what they found was more disinterest than anything, a lot of Scottish people not even watching the competition. There was a guy though in an England top and a kilt in a Glasgow pub haha. 

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do they share a broadcast media with countries that have no interest in how we're doing?  What countries would those be, what, Scotland?  Well yous have a keen interest I'd've thought, no one wants England to lose more than yous lot :lol:

If it weren't for the commentators we'd most likely be totally indifferent...

If Scotland qualified there would be a heap load of coverage on Scotland. I seem to recall Wales getting coverage during their Euros run.

Dour Celt sour grapes. We are enjoying a festival of football (at least until about 8:30pm) while you have nothing much to do. You cannot even watch Murray at Wimbledon as he is buggered.

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Scotland qualified there would be a heap load of coverage on Scotland. I seem to recall Wales getting coverage during their Euros run.

Dour Celt sour grapes. We are enjoying a festival of football (at least until about 8:30pm) while you have nothing much to do. You cannot even watch Murray at Wimbledon as he is buggered.

Even during Wales run to the semi's it was still just as much about England. Honestly that in conjunction with Brexit, is why I'll never cheer England on at a major toury again. I actually did at every tourny prior to 2016.