THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You really don't like us do you? :lol: 

Yet he supported us (till 2016) apparently when we had such morally probate and generally likable characters as Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney in the team!

Even I had a hard job supporting England then and I'm English!

What the heck is Brexit got to do with anything?

The Swedes are no push overs. They will give England a game. 

I was saying to my Swedish friend that Zlatan not being there may be the best thing that could have happened. Without doubt he is better than any striker they have, but with Zlatan in the team, they're playing towards his strengths where as now you can see that they're playing for each other. It's definitely improved them overall I'd say.

Colombia were probably the stronger team there but they sort of imploded there. Maybe if James had played they would have won. 

All the teams think Kane is like a super danger from corners, he’s not really. 

It’s hard to tell if England are good because they get fouled really quickly. They had a lot freekicks. 

That was a penalty though. Why no VAR on that? 

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

Who's going to tell him that's not an English flag? :lol: 

I just hope Slash doesn't become the new Mick Jagger. In the 2014 WC, every time Jagger showed support for England or Brazil or other teams. He jinxed them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Colombia were probably the stronger team there but they sort of imploded there. Maybe if James had played they would have won. 

All the teams think Kane is like a super danger from corners, he’s not really. 

It’s hard to tell if England are good because they get fouled really quickly. They had a lot freekicks. 

That was a penalty though. Why no VAR on that? 

Columbia were no way near the better team and they knew it so they fuckin' put it on England and fair play to em, why not, if you're gonna try and win you go for it but lets be real they fouled England all up and down the fuckin' pitch, NUMEROUS times and the few times England did it was pretty much retaliatory.  I mean Sterling, Christ Almighty, they were chucking him about like a fuckin' toy :lol: It got to a fuckin' point early doors in the second half where the game weren't fuckin' movin', it was all fouls.  Our fuckin' bums went a bit after that goal and the fuckin' first half of extra time was shaky as fuck.  

I've fuckin' committed this whole tournament to not fuckin' shout up England because it occured to me that I've been the mouthiest England supporter all my life and they've never fuckin' won fuck all so like, perhaps its me (I mean it has to be, doesn't it, the whole worlds about me!), perhaps I'm the fuckin' jinx...so I'm keeping my mouth shut this tournament.  Mouth shut and fingers crossed.

There was a chap on (cough) talkshite from Colombia - English but he lived in Colombia and knew of their football. Apparently Pekerman, who normally sets his teams up to play fluent attacking football, played three holding midfielders - three! They obviously decided to play negatively once they found out they didn't have James. I have seen them play normally and they don't normally play like that.

England have had two dirty as hell Central/South American teams in a row.

PS

Colombia gave England too much respect. The one time they played attacking football (first half of extra) England looked on the ropes. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Columbia were no way near the better team and they knew it so they fuckin' put it on England and fair play to em, why not, if you're gonna try and win you go for it but lets be real they fouled England all up and down the fuckin' pitch, NUMEROUS times and the few times England did it was pretty much retaliatory.  I mean Sterling, Christ Almighty, they were chucking him about like a fuckin' toy :lol: It got to a fuckin' point early doors in the second half where the game weren't fuckin' movin', it was all fouls.  Our fuckin' bums went a bit after that goal and the fuckin' first half of extra time was shaky as fuck.  

I've fuckin' committed this whole tournament to not fuckin' shout up England because it occured to me that I've been the mouthiest England supporter all my life and they've never fuckin' won fuck all so like, perhaps its me (I mean it has to be, doesn't it, the whole worlds about me!), perhaps I'm the fuckin' jinx...so I'm keeping my mouth shut this tournament.  Mouth shut and fingers crossed.

They put me in a straight jacket and prepared me for that statement. After the chin butt and non VAR checked penalty I went Alt Wasted for the rest of the match. England didn’t get one decision the whole, I was convinced they’d go to VAR for some weird penalty for Colombia in extra time. Then I was going to activate Walker to going into Terminator mode. 

After Dier’s penalty

”Pickford has the hand of god, Go back to Colombia and and sell some more coke”

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Sun are already priming their best ABBA witticisms as we speak.

I was emailing The Sun with Pickford Hand of God headline ideas. We could rewrite history Chinese Democracy stylee. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was a chap on (cough) talkshite from Colombia - English but he lived in Colombia and knew of their football. Apparently Pekerman, who normally sets his teams up to play fluent attacking football, played three holding midfielders - three! They obviously decided to play negatively once they found out they didn't have James. I have seen them play normally and they don't normally play like that.

England have had two dirty as hell Central/South American teams in a row.

PS

Colombia gave England too much respect. The one time they played attacking football (first half of extra) England looked on the ropes. 

Well they had sort of kicked Sterling and Young off the pitch and scored that last minute goal. It looked like only Colombia would win it. But in the highlights England made a few chances. 

Game was ruined by the dark arts. Still impossible to tell if England are good or not. Great temperament.