THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There was a chap on (cough) talkshite from Colombia - English but he lived in Colombia and knew of their football. Apparently Pekerman, who normally sets his teams up to play fluent attacking football, played three holding midfielders - three! They obviously decided to play negatively once they found out they didn't have James. I have seen them play normally and they don't normally play like that.

England have had two dirty as hell Central/South American teams in a row.

PS

Colombia gave England too much respect. The one time they played attacking football (first half of extra) England looked on the ropes. 

Well they had sort of kicked Sterling and Young off the pitch and scored that last minute goal. It looked like only Colombia would win it. But in the highlights England made a few chances. 

Game was ruined by the dark arts. Still impossible to tell if England are good or not. Great temperament. 

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well when you've got the two bob bits from shunting down 8 pints of Stella a night then fibre is hardly an issue :lol:

Once I went on an alll All Bran diet. I was eating it at 11pm at night. For weeks I was shitting bricks but then one day I got this stomache cramp and doctor said I had to get a colonic. This fit nurse put a rubber tube up my arse and flushed all these lumps of bran. Solid first date but she never called me back. 

So yes Stella all the way. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you aren’t jumping around throwing beer in the air then you are probably thinking “It’s only the round of 16, I wonder how much these idiots get paid to kick a ball around, look at Ali’s bird, maybe I’ll just finish this pizza and go to bed.”

If England win the world cup I do not want any more of that jumping on each other stuff. A polite ''British'' handshake and a celebrity pint of bitter is all that is required. When Jim Laker took his 19/90 in 1956 he went to a pub afterwards and had a pint and a sandwich and overheard a conversation about ''Laker just taking 19 wickets'' without anybody realising the man himself was in the pub eating his sandwich and enjoying his bitter. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If England win the world cup I do not want any more of that jumping on each other stuff. A polite ''British'' handshake and a celebrity pint of bitter is all that is required. When Jim Laker took his 19/90 in 1956 he went to a pub afterwards and had a pint and a sandwich and overheard a conversation about ''Laker just taking 19 wickets'' without anybody realising the man himself was in the pub eating his sandwich and enjoying his bitter. 

Are you kidding me?  If England wins the cup I'd imagine there wouldn't be much left of just about every major city in the country.  I've seen the way you folks react when your Premier League teams win....this would be about 100x that....:lol:

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

With Gareth Southgate. It will be a "polite British" hug instead of a handshake

England manager Gareth Southgate and Colombia coach Jose Pekerman console Mateus Uribe after the penalty shootout REUTERS/Carl RecineImage copyrightREUTERS

Amid England's celebrations after winning Tuesday's penalty shootout to enable them to progress to the quarter-finals of the World Cup, manager Gareth Southgate was comforting a Colombian player who had missed his penalty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then that would confirm our famous chant: "el que no salta es un inglés, el que no salta es un inglés" :lol:

I want this England to continue not because I'm English. Not because of the team even. I want them to continue because what a remarkable story for Southgate. England have tried everything. We have tried cockney geezers (El Tev), Serie A foreign glitz (Randy Sven and Capello) and general English plonkers (Wally with the Brolly and the Turnip). We went the charismatic route (King Kev). We have done ''English humble'' before (Roy Hodgson) and it didn't work. We have done dodgy before (Big Sam). Sometimes, as with the case of Bobby Robson and the aforementioned Venables, we got it correct or at least almost correct, but still success was elusive. The FA have tried everything short of asking Maradona to manage the national team. 

Meanwhile the chap who epitomizes England footballing failure, whose penalty miss is cemented on the brain of every fan - the guy who knows what it is like to flop in one of those shoot outs - cracks the conundrum that is England.

Do it for Southgate (and the waistcoat).

PS

For a slightly similar reason I wouldn't mind seeing Uruguay continue because their manager is rather old and of ill health. I'm like that haha. I always support the person who looks more ''hard up'' on televised quiz shows.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Then that would confirm our famous chant: "el que no salta es un inglés, el que no salta es un inglés" :lol:

I cannot believe you care enough that you have a song about England haha. All the English ones are about the Germans (''10 German Bombers''). 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe you care enough that you have a song about England haha. All the English ones are about the Germans (''10 German Bombers''). 

I don't like that chant but football fans are kind of obsessed so yeah, it's a very famous chant and they sing it everywhere/anywhere (even if there's no English people around or the match does not involve an English team)

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't like that chant but football fans are kind of obsessed so yeah, it's a very famous chant and they sing it everywhere/anywhere (even if there's no English people around or the match does not involve an English team)

Well English fans do not really do that jumping thingy, even when they're beered up and vociferous. They sing and say ''come on England'' but they do not really do the jumping thing. It would be a bit strange to do it. I'd personally feel a bit of a tit if I was to attempt it but then I'm somebody who sits down at rock concerts haha. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well English fans do not really do that jumping thingy, even when they're beered up and vociferous. They sing and say ''come on England'' but they do not really do the jumping thing. It would be a bit strange to do it. I'd personally feel a bit of a tit if I was to attempt it but then I'm somebody who sits down at rock concerts haha. 

That's exactly what the chant says: "if you don't jump, you are English" so I guess we know you well.... y'all grandpas! :lol:

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Yeah, we'll see about that. :lol:

Hooliganism isn’t what it used to be, I remember back in the day when glassing someone was just what you did if you lost. These days these RNB tic tac players can’t even headbutt a Colombian properly. 

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If this latest incident goes anywhere, I can see political pressure being put on England to withdraw.

Not saying that in a joking way, imagine an England/Russia semi-final being all about politics instead of the football. 

Nah.

Putin's kept the thugs in check also. You have to hand it to the Ruskies. They might poison a bunch of people on your soil but they run a damn good cup haha.

58 minutes ago, Padme said:

With Gareth Southgate. It will be a "polite British" hug instead of a handshake

England manager Gareth Southgate and Colombia coach Jose Pekerman console Mateus Uribe after the penalty shootout REUTERS/Carl RecineImage copyrightREUTERS

Amid England's celebrations after winning Tuesday's penalty shootout to enable them to progress to the quarter-finals of the World Cup, manager Gareth Southgate was comforting a Colombian player who had missed his penalty.

Argentina and England sandwich Colombia, lol

What the hell does that mean? :P

• Len Cnut changed the title to THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21