THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Argentina and England sandwich Colombia, lol

What the hell does that mean?

Sportmanship, something that is usually missing in sports mostly in football. Southgate knows how it feels to miss a crucial penalty kick. It happened to him when he was a player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Jaro- said:

Yep, in waterjumping for sure - Spagheti Neymar is real class in that... even dirty Otamendi wasn't that annoying as Neymar...

I belive Mbappe and Griezman will stop Brazil before finals...

Brazil struggled to score in both games. But they have strong squad. A bit like England. 

France Belgium seem to have more goals in them. 

9 hours ago, wasted said:

I used to live near Millwall prison. Really great area, very gentrified didn’t get mugged three times at the cashpoint at all. 

I've seen football fans do some pretty questionable  shit in my time but one Millwall occasion has stuck in my mind quite a bit.  A bunch of em were walking down the road off to the stadium, off to see fuck knows who, big fuckin' pie monsters these lads were, fuckin' bald heads and tattoos and all that, anyway they're walking past these couple of skinny nerdy lookin' lads, and I mean really wouldn't say boo to a goose types, must've been 11 or 12, really sort of straight NHS specs jobs...and anyway this big fuckin' 16 stone fucker walks through em and just squares up like 'what, what?!?'.  Scared the fuckin' life out of em.  Just made me think like, is that the best you can do?  You're fuckin' forty something, you're as big as a fuckin' horse and you're givin' it to these weedy speccy little kids?  I dunno why but of all the weird shit I've seen football hooligans in person that really stuck in my mind. 

South London can't be gentrified.  Places like The Elephant and Castle and all that.  In fact the reverse has happened historically, the various fuckin' middle class/lower middle type areas around there end up ghetto-fied. 

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If England get much further Southgate might get an MBE from the Queen and Beckham will be raging :lol:

I'd love to see that.  And I'd love to see Southgate do well.  Quite frankly I've been horrible about Southgate for the last 22 years, so have a great many people but like, y'know, hands up to it and that, the mans doing alright here and I'm well behind him.  It would be quite poetic on some level, the bloke who broke so many hearts 22 years ago ending up, dare I say it...actually, no I'm not gonna say it! :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I've seen football fans do some pretty questionable  shit in my time but one Millwall occasion has stuck in my mind quite a bit.  A bunch of em were walking down the road off to the stadium, off to see fuck knows who, big fuckin' pie monsters these lads were, fuckin' bald heads and tattoos and all that, anyway they're walking past these couple of skinny nerdy lookin' lads, and I mean really wouldn't say boo to a goose types, must've been 11 or 12, really sort of straight NHS specs jobs...and anyway this big fuckin' 16 stone fucker walks through em and just squares up like 'what, what?!?'.  Scared the fuckin' life out of em.  Just made me think like, is that the best you can do?  You're fuckin' forty something, you're as big as a fuckin' horse and you're givin' it to these weedy speccy little kids?  I dunno why but of all the weird shit I've seen football hooligans in person that really stuck in my mind. 

South London can't be gentrified.  Places like The Elephant and Castle and all that.  In fact the reverse has happened historically, the various fuckin' middle class/lower middle type areas around there end up ghetto-fied. 

I'd love to see that.  And I'd love to see Southgate do well.  Quite frankly I've been horrible about Southgate for the last 22 years, so have a great many people but like, y'know, hands up to it and that, the mans doing alright here and I'm well behind him.  It would be quite poetic on some level, the bloke who broke so many hearts 22 years ago ending up, dare I say it...actually, no I'm not gonna say it! :lol:

That basically happened to me at the cashpoint. A group came up and surrounded me and said wallet and just handed them my badmotherfucker wallet, one said lets do him, one said nah he’s alright. Another time they just nicked my card as it came out. There was pub right there. I went in once and it was like a cueball stop situation. Brockley across the road is alright, but cross over and it’s just hostility. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

That basically happened to me at the cashpoint. A group came up and surrounded me and said wallet and just handed them my badmotherfucker wallet, one said lets do him, one said nah he’s alright. Another time they just nicked my card as it came out. There was pub right there. I went in once and it was like a cueball stop situation. Brockley across the road is alright, but cross over and it’s just hostility. 

I dont mean to laugh but theres a certain irony to ‘...just handed them my bad motherfucker wallet...’ :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Yep, in waterjumping for sure - Spagheti Neymar is real class in that... even dirty Otamendi wasn't that annoying as Neymar...

I'd say this is alot dirtier than play acting after you've been stamped;

Lingard did the same in normal time (something that people who refuse to watch the replay still insist was a penalty), as did both Ashley Young, Del Ali (albeit outside the box) and Henderson 4 separate times.

However since Maguire got up after the referee ignored it and waived his finger, the English media insist it's good honest play? Stones dragged his boot over Falaco's head at one point and even the English commentary team admitted they hoped it doesn't go to var.

The referee should have given Deli Ali another yellow card too for taking 3 minutes to get substituted, by hugging his friends and walking as slowly as he could across the field. No wonder there was enough injury time afterwards for Columbia to equalize.

20 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I'd say this is alot dirtier than play acting after you've been stamped;

Lingard did the same in normal time (something that people who refuse to watch the replay still insist was a penalty), as did both Ashley Young, Del Ali (albeit outside the box) and Henderson 4 separate times.

However since Maguire got up after the referee ignored it and waived his finger, the English media insist it's good honest play? Stones dragged his boot over Falaco's head at one point and even the English commentary team admitted they hoped it doesn't go to var.

The referee should have given Deli Ali another yellow card too for taking 3 minutes to get substituted, by hugging his friends and walking as slowly as he could across the field. No wonder there was enough injury time afterwards for Columbia to equalize.

If you were to make a video of everytime the Columbians did some bait shit it'd be half an hour long.

That post above left out all the shoves on that night too.

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

If you were to make a video of everytime the Columbians did some bait shit it'd be half an hour long.

How does that make what England did "good and honest" as per the media?

If it was because of Columbia, we'll here's Sterling's last meaningful contribution in an England shirt;

Edited by AtariLegend

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont mean to laugh but theres a certain irony to ‘...just handed them my bad motherfucker wallet...’ :lol:

I was more gutted about losing the wallet than my overdrawn card. There’s an upside to multiple switch offenses on your card. Took me years to find another bmf wallet online. 

31 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

If it was because of Columbia, we'll here's Sterling's last meaningful contribution in an England shirt;

It’s more about who turned the game into a stop start game full of fouls and intimidation. Sterling might not be going down so easily in another game. You live by the sword. 

Teams are overating England and especially Kane. This is not team you can’t beat playing football. Colombia had players like Falcao and Cuarado are easily as good as Sterling and Kane. 

To be fair I blame the ref more because fouling is one thing but not dishing out cards is the ref, no giving a stonewall penalty or send of mr chinbutt - that’s ref or VAR’s fault. 

But still think Colombia approached game too cynically. That team is young but honey they aren’t naive. The RNB stars don’t care they just want the money then back to Fortnite. 

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Oh it doesn't, at all but on balance Columbia were doing it a fuckload more is my point.  As for Sterling, come on man, they were chucking him all over the place, that big lad Mina, fuck me, Sterling was his girlfriend all night.

21 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s more about who turned the game into a stop start game full of fouls and intimidation. Sterling might not be going down so easily in another game. You live by the sword. 

Exactly this.  Quite frankly they made England boys look like pussies on the intimidation and givin' it front.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maguire put his hands up to the referee saying ''it was not a foul'' basically. 

He did more than just put his hands up he was making a firm point about it, you could see him talking to the ref.

Yellow cards for Henderson and Lingard were harsh, there were so many true yellows that the ref waved away. Like for the penalty they surrounded the ref, yellow cards should have been flying. 

Basically what you do is every tackle is a foul and you throw yourself on the floor every chance you get. 

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He did more than just put his hands up he was making a firm point about it, you could see him talking to the ref.

He did it quickly, because the referee ignored it. It'd have went to a var decision and been over turned, if the referee did give it.

Edited by AtariLegend

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

According to Maradona (and presumably Atari also) this, 

682bbc_russia-soccer-wcup-colombia-engla

was not a foul!

''In fact, it was Kane's fault...Kane used his arm to hook Sanchez and then threw himself down''. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/983745/Colombia-England-World-Cup-last-16-referee-Diego-Maradona-penalty-shoot-out

It was the Arm of God. 

I do not know why anybody cannot just give them a break to be honest. Everybody said ''they'd go out in the groups'' (including me in fairness) yet here we are in the last eight. They are a young bunch of kids and more likable than the horrible prima donna flops of the ''golden generation''. They are managed by one of football's few generally humble and decent men (just think, they could have been managed by Big Sam!!). They played against two of the dirtiest teams to have ever graced football, Panama and Colombia, yet England's slightest misdemeanor is receiving opprobrium - yes, we all know Henderson went down theatrically and then reacted later (for which he was yellow-carded) etc etc., but compared to what Colombia were doing? Really?  You're really going to emphasise that point?

Edited by DieselDaisy

Kane engaged with Carlos Sanchez before the corner kick started, dumb ass Colombian player fell for that trick and continued to push back and forward.  You can see the referee turning back and only seeing as Kane was falling down.  He didn't see the full picture.  VAR would have eliminated the penalty but referee refused.

Referee was an absolute disgrace and I hope he's never called for any official international match ever.  He was giving away yellow cards like candy.  You don't do that in a match for quarter finals in the Word Cup.

England was mediocre and still won.  Colombia lost because they were missing James Rodriguez.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Kane engaged with Carlos Sanchez before the corner kick started, dumb ass Colombian player fell for that trick and continued to push back and forward.  You can see the referee turning back and only seeing as Kane was falling down.  He didn't see the full picture.  VAR would have eliminated the penalty but referee refused.

Referee was an absolute disgrace and I hope he's never called for any official international match ever.  He was giving away yellow cards like candy.  You don't do that in a match for quarter finals in the Word Cup.

England was mediocre and still won.  Colombia lost because they were missing James Rodriguez.

Totally disagree. 

2 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

I don't expect an English person to agree that their team didn't play to win.  Just like I don't expect an Uruguayan to accept that Suarez is a piece of shit.

If I was Uruguayan I'd consider Suarez a ''piece of shit''. I mean it is simple fact haha. 

Anyhow, vive la france et la belgique. Shouldn't be any room for anymore of these dirty Latin American teams. 

• Haha 1