THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Natty said:

I didn t even think of hygiene but of a general insult like "dirty ..." 

isnt it an english expression for insulting - low scale insult term?

It can be used that way, but in football, it tends to be used to describe a team who frequently make dangerous tackles/challenges or otherwise attempt to break the rules. I think that's how he meant it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The old fashioned conflict between European football culture and Latin American football culture is well and truly alive judging by this thread haha. 

12 minutes ago, Natty said:

Suarez is a world class player and far away from what you called him.

He bites players for crying out loud! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The old fashioned conflict between European football culture and Latin American football culture is well and truly alive judging by this thread haha. 

He bites players for crying out loud! 

He did that 2 in his career. so ? what ramos does is a lot worse...

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Uruguay Belgium might be the same as Colombia England. 

What I fear.

Brazil is usually the one Latin American side who expunge such tactics, playing ''the beautiful game'' but here you have Neymar's playacting. Personally however I've not rallied around Brazil since the (fat) Ronaldo era of 1998-2002 ish - I supported Brazil in those two finals, against France and Germany, Brazil winning the latter. 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

One thing is the players "robbing" during a match where they have lots of pressure to win it. And different is when the one who is supposed to arbitrate the match and be impartial, favors one of the teams.

A referee can make a mistake. If you are going to acusse a referee of favoring a given team I want evidence.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Why do you pity him? He's doing pretty well.

Define "doing well" Making money? He is in bad shape. 

Just now, wasted said:

France Brazil is the WC final. 

impossible. this will be half final if any.. one of the weaker teams will be in the final like sweden or croatia..

Belgium - Uruguay would be a far better game than england - colombia cause colombia without james was quite harmless. uruguay and belgium are technically better than the other 2 teams in my eyes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Natty said:

He did that 2 in his career. so ? what ramos does is a lot worse...

Not once, but twice! It is perfectly fine that he didn't decide to take a chomp out of a third player!

Ramos is one of my most despised players in football (along with Pepe). Do you expect me to defend Ramos?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

What I fear.

Brazil is usually the one Latin American side who expunge such tactics, playing ''the beautiful game'' but here you have Neymar's playacting. Personally however I've not rallied around Brazil since the (fat) Ronaldo era of 1998-2002 ish - I supported Brazil in those two finals, against France and Germany, Brazil winning the latter. 

Probably best two footballing teams left are Brazil and France. If anyone wins it other than these two would be a shock. 

I could see Maradona being an OD causality - surprised he has survived this long to be honest.

I actually like the little bugger. Life is much more entertaining with Diego Maradona around. Watching him react to games in his corporate box is frequently more entertaining than the actual football. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

impossible. this will be half final if any.. one of the weaker teams will be in the final like sweden or croatia..

Belgium - Uruguay would be a far better game than england - colombia cause colombia without james was quite harmless. uruguay and belgium are technically better than the other 2 teams in my eyes.

On paper and the way they play, Brazil and France are the best teams. 

I give Uruguay a huge chance to beat France but France on paper are the better team. 

But if France and Brazil go through, that’s the final because the other side is pretty weak. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

At a certain point skill just cancels out all arguments.  Brandos acting, Ali’s boxing, Maradonnas football playing, its difficult to not be awed by it.

It is all just poncing around really, twiddling your legs and going ''look at me''. Nowt beats a fox in the box sticking a corner in the net.

42 minutes ago, Padme said:

A referee can make a mistake. If you are going to acusse a referee of favoring a given team I want evidence.

Then watch the videos :shrugs:

43 minutes ago, Padme said:

Define "doing well" Making money? He is in bad shape. 

He is close to be 60 years old and after all his health issues, does he look like he is dying? :question:

The man has his life back on track, he's signed with Dynamo team, he's got plans and projects.... how in the fuck is that 'not doing well'?

Plus, he's still an idol, even for little kids who never saw him play!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is all just poncing around really, twiddling your legs and going ''look at me''. Nowt beats a fox in the box sticking a corner in the net.

And what, Maradonna didn't get it in the back of the net? :lol: 

Can't do anything but laugh when someone defends piece of shit Suarez for biting an opponent.  He should have been removed and banned from football for doing that.  He's a shame to Uruguay and Latin America.

Can't blame European countries for labeling SA football as 'dirty'.  Blame players like Suarez for that.