THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

2-0, nice.  Won every friendly except Athletico (draw).  Tidy little start.  Onto a hammering against City then! :lol:

Then Chelsea. Not easy start. 

I have no idea how Arsenal will be. Could be contenders could be Sixth. Torreria and Xhaka can at least compete. Lichtsteiner also solid. Aubameyang prolific. Mkhitayan and Ozil suspect. Lacazette not convincing. A lot of dodgy centrebacks - probably biggest worry. 

Morata for Chelsea also unconvincing. 

Degea, Azpilicueta, Stones, Robertson, Mendy; Pedro, Salah, Jota, Richarlison; Aubameyang, Tosun. 

Community Shield generally not really any indicator. Chelsea have new attacking manager. Will be scouting Alonso and Mendy, Pedro, Bernado Silva, Stones. 

Expect shaky start from Spurs and Moroniho to get sacked after 3 games with Utd. 

Edited by wasted

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I dont see much in em man.  Watching these friendlies they make some of the same mistakes.  Who knows, one can only hope for the best.

Ozil is a bit inconsistent, he doesn’t care that much. Mkhitaryan drifts in and out too. But are Sterling and Sane any better? 

The bin dippers have more intensity and drive. Could be Liverpool if City waver. 

Edited by wasted

11 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I didnt finish  my post 

2. Hearts

3 Sheep

4 Celtic

Wishful thinking mate 😂. Stevie G has one helluva job on his hands. I'm guessing he'd have ensured that the circus in the boardroom would have no effect on his job and that he'd be offered funds to go out and better the squad. I'm unsure how much money he's spent or who he's actually brought in, but the return of McGregor and the boy coming in from Burnley were two good signings. 

200k for Laugherty was ridiculous though. I personally think he's dug shite but fair play to him, think he got 19 goals last season in an underachieving Hearts side.

Edited by Dean

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

Wishful thinking mate 😂. Stevie G has one helluva job on his hands. I'm guessing he'd have ensured that the circus in the boardroom would have no effect on his job and that he'd be offered funds to go out and better the squad. I'm unsure how much money he's spent or who he's actually brought in, but the return of McGregor and the boy coming in from Burnley were two good signings. 

200k for Laugherty was ridiculous though. I personally think he's dug shite but fair play to him, think he got 19 goals last season in an underachieving Hearts side.

U r spot on about lafferty, that bid was laughable. I would take the big man back in a minute. 

It will be hard to catch celtic but for the first time in 6 seasons we have something to look forward to.

Edited by BrayWyatt

3 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

U r spot on about lafferty, that bid was laughable. I would take the big man back in a minute. 

It will be hard to catch celtic but for the first time in 6 seasons we have something to look forward to.

I was speaking to one of my friends last night about Murty. I genuinely think the job that man done considering the circumstances was tremendous. He was only at Rangers to learn how to be a coach, taking charge of the youth sides, but being thrown in at the deep end with a squad that he had no part in bringing in must've been a daunting task and that's not taking into account of the pressure from the support. A lot more eyes will be on Scottish Football, which is only a good thing. Hopefully for you lot Gerrard will be able to handle the pressure that is on him, going by the caliber of player that he was, it shouldn't be a problem, but managing on of the Old Firm is a different thing all together. Aberdeen's performance against Burnley was admirable too. They were written off and for them to match them over 180 minutes was incredible, unfortunately just getting beaten in extra time.

It's definitely the best Scottish Football has been in several years.

• Like 1

1. The Toon.

Incidentally, how will Rangers's half-time team talk go these days? A mish-mash of distorted Scouse consonants, and convoluted Glaswegian vowels - a manager speaking in a language nobody understands, to a team nobody understands?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

Mou's gonna stay. Don't believe the media bullshit. Hiring and sacking managers every 2-3 years isn't going to get us anywhere, I'm willing to be very patient with Mourinho, considering the shitshow he has had to fix since 2016.

Although a ''zird zeason'' meltdown isn't completely off the tables though :lol: