THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Well he has followed the trend of pissing people off mainly the French ( Pogba and Martial ) has re built the squad fit for a retirement home and has managed to help with my insomnia 

It’sjust the no signings thing. Fred is good though. Can’t see Sanchez or Pogba really doing much. Lukaku has bulked up? 

On the other hand City look unstoppable. So many options. 

Liverpool have something going on  so

City

Liverpool

Spurs

Arsenal

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

OR...take them both out to Salford Quays and shoot them in the back of the head.

Too many TV cameras there? Canal street at noon is pretty desolate. 

6 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

We will get 4th spot can see Unai Emery struggling TBH bit of a poison chalice of a job replacing Wenger

It might not be y'know.  Following Fergie was cuz there was a level of success to live up to whereas Wenger was like...cock of the walk at Arsenal, running everything right down to the minutia but then fucking up as well, so that makes it a little easier but I still agree I see Emery struggling to be honest, not necessarily because he's replacing Wenger but because its just a very competitive league at the moment, moreso than recent years, your lot, City, Spuds, the pool, there's some good sides knocking about :lol:

17 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, uh, I weren't seriously suggesting it as a viable option fella :lol:

Too late the Terminators have been deployed. 

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I hated getting rid of Jack Wilshere, absolutely hated it.  I know everyone thinks he's an injury prone spoiled underachiever but I see potential brilliance in him, I hope he does well wherever he goes.

He was good as an attacking mid, not sure why they converted him into a chopper. 

26 minutes ago, wasted said:

Too late the Terminators have been deployed. 

He was good as an attacking mid, not sure why they converted him into a chopper. 

Funnily enough I read some Hammer saying he's better in a deeper role.  I could maybe see the wisdom in that, he's good on the ball, he finds the right pass but he's not exactly magic in the final third, I suppose his link up is good.  I usually reserve opinion on such things because I don't think I'm got it all upstairs to be making these kind of judgements.

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Funnily enough I read some Hammer saying he's better in a deeper role.  I could maybe see the wisdom in that, he's good on the ball, he finds the right pass but he's not exactly magic in the final third, I suppose his link up is good.  I usually reserve opinion on such things because I don't think I'm got it all upstairs to be making these kind of judgements.

These days probably. But actually he can slide a pass in. He used have pace and skills. Maybe its fitness or age. He’s a ball player and he got involved in tackling and gets injured because of it. I’s have him on the ball around the box, not passing it sideways on the half way line. I just remember him when he was 19. Alf would have him as a winger. 

Edited by wasted

There’s nobody in the Utd team that really gives two fucks. Ferguson had somekind of loyalty. Shaw could be a decent player but Moron was calling him fat. There’s Baily, Smalling, Liselhof, Jones, why buy Godin? Darmian/Valencia are fine Shaw/Young fine. Sanchez/Rashford fine Mata/Li gard fine. Herrera/Fred/Fellaini/Matic/Pogba fine.

So Lukaku. They needed another striker, maybe 2. 

Something must be wrong with me, because I have disliked every manager Manchester United has had since Ferguson. Every three of them. And for many of the same reasons, too. It can't be them, it must be me. Mourinho at least made it into a top-three team. Still, can't stand the man. Mis-management of players, a failure to live up to the attacking philosophy of Ferguson, and, in Mourinho's case, shortsighted strategies. Right now I read that the club refused to grant him his wishes for new players, because he wanted to pay premium on old players with little time left in their careers. He just wants to win this season so he can leave for another club without consideration for what happens after him! A club with little money left and lots of retiring players. The club instead said they'd be willing to pay high prices for young players with their career ahead of them, like Mbappe. So now Mourinho will complain about this when he leaves the club after the team having performed poorly this season. Good riddance. We need someone who loves the club, wants to stay there, wants the team to play attractive football, and thinks about the next 10 years, not just a quick exit strategy in the next three years. We need another Ferguson. 

I couldn't see any references to mygnr fantasy soccer leagues (one for USA football), so set some up at https://fantasy.premierleague.com. If you wanna join, with scoring starting from week 2, as only few hours to deadline, under the Leagues header, go to join or create new leagues, and...

The code for joining the classic league (total points over season) is: 748978-921559

The code for joining the head-to-head (play a game against another league team each week) is: 748978-923166

On 09/08/2018 at 5:32 PM, Len Cnut said:

Interested to see The Arsenal under new management.  I was 12 years old the last time I saw Arsenal play under a manager who weren't Wenger.

Looks like Torerria and Xhaka. Could be quite solid base. Then Ozil behind front 3.