THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

Sterling and Walker delivering for City. Makes you wonder if Southgate really should have played that weird formation. 433 might have been a lot more effective. Ali behind Kane. Sterling left, Lingard right, with Walker/Tripper fullback. Trippier could be right wing, Walker full back, over lapping. Lingard could have come on late when legs are tiring. 

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Great assist nice to see he can still hit a ball 

Yanks cant play to save their fuckin’ lives, Christ, are all their games so awful, look at the space they gave him.  Mind you, i recall another team once giving him a bit of space in the midfield but the less said about that the better :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yanks cant play to save their fuckin’ lives, Christ, are all their games so awful, look at the space they gave him.  Mind you, i recall another team once giving him a bit of space in the midfield but the less said about that the better :lol:

Stallone was a decent goalie. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well, he's a gyppo so he travels well I suppose.

51 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Surprised Wazza never went to China tbh massive cash grab and he could of played with even less effort ... Heard his bird and kids are still living in the UK?

He did go to China. I remember the reports of him drinking 4 bottles of Tsingdao a day. That was his fitness diet though. 

Gazza in China with Nixon

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8952010/Paul-Gascoigne-I-was-so-bored-and-restless-in-China-that-I-used-Jammie-Dodgers-to-go-fishing.html

His goal/assist record/stats as a midfielder speak for themselves. Not his fault he was creating chances for team mates that didn't take them. He's not a Messi type player where he does all the scoring himself.

He might look he does nothing on the field, but there's a reason he was playing in semi's with Germany at every tourny and why he was collecting assist stat record in La Liga and the Primership. 

Don't know what Len thinks of him, but he'd probably think Ozil was fantastic if he had better players to create chances for. Ozil I think improves a top team, but he's not going to help an average side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

His goal/assist record/stats as a midfielder speak for themselves. Not his fault he was creating chances for team mates that didn't take them. He's not a Messi type player where he does all the scoring himself.

He might look he does nothing on the field, but there's a reason he was playing in semi's with Germany at every tourny and why he was collecting assist stat record in La Liga and the Primership. 

Don't know what Len thinks of him, but he'd probably think Ozil was fantastic if he had better players to create chances for. Ozil I think improves a top team, but he's not going to help an average side.

He’s like Messi in that way. Ozil has had good players around him. But Arsenal’s problems have been a lack of defensive conceen in style and market. If you have all the players you want you can play attractive football to the end. But sometimes you just have to win ugly. Arsenal lost pretty. And no one got fired up about it. Wenger’s mentality was to keep playing football. The system overtook the individuals. It’s hard to really motivate the players. I’m not sure City players really care that much about winning. The fans care more about actual results. 

18 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

In this country we're obssessed with tracking back and all that fuckin' bollocks and, OK, its important but at the same time, a player of Ozil calibre, he's a forward facing player, he has vision, he places the ball to where someone else puts it in the back of the net, thats his job, he has a languid style and everything but look at his stats as you say, look at his stats in conjunction with Ronaldos goal tally when they played together, see how many of them came off of Ozil.  You can't expect a man like that to play a different kind of football and if you force him to do so it will show in his performances.  Its happening now with Sanchez and Mourinho, is he suddenly shit now or is he just being played incorrectly?  The mans an attacking player, just Ozil is an attacking player.  With people like Aubamayeng and Lacazette knocking about Ozil is well set up to perform well this season, judging him based on a shit performance of the German National team this year and one game against City is a little unfair. 

15 hours ago, wasted said:

Arsenal really need to play Torreria and Xhaka. With maybe Ramsey and Ozil, then Lacazette and Aubamayang. Lose Bellerin for Lichtsteiner to really sure up defense let Ozil and Ramsey free. 

No one seems too keen on Xhaka.  I think he's a bit shit myself to be honest.  And if not shit then he don't suit Arsenal and what they need to do.

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

No one seems too keen on Xhaka.  I think he's a bit shit myself to be honest.  And if not shit then he don't suit Arsenal and what they need to do.

He had quite a lot of assists last season. And he kicks people. 

What I noticed is normally Arsenal only field 3 defensive players, the 2 centre backs and 1 def mid. Then Ramsey in there. Then the front 4. The fullbacks are normally wingers. 

Hence they let goals in. At the wrong time. 

Basically they just need Ozil and Aubameyang to score goals. 

At least have 7 defensive players. And 3 forwards. Ozil, Auba/Laca, MK/Ramsey

that way have strength on bench. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Reckon Chelski will beat the Gunners tomorrow would be a worrying start meaning there 6 points behind mind you they have had 2 of the hardest fixtures of the season right off the bat 

Don't think Gunners are contenders for title. Only Liverpool look like challenging City. 

7 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Don't think Gunners are contenders for title. Only Liverpool look like challenging City. 

I don't think anyone thinks we're title contenders.  Not anyone that don't weight 16 stones, have a peroxide barnet, man tits and frequently appears on ArseholeFanTV.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Who is that?

Some fat prick who frequently (i think) stars on that fuckin' ArsenalFanTV channel by the name of Heavy D.  He's famous for something, I'm not sure what, one of these sort of Z list bellends that was on some reality show once or something.  They did that fuckin' embarassing Arsenal song with that little gay looking white rapper.