Should g'nr do a deep cuts tour next year?

5 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Bloody hell, why do I like all the songs nobody else does? 

Back off Bitch, Shotgun Blues, Anything Goes, Riad...the entire UYI vol 1.  I'm going to have to start a little misfits club for those who like the unpopular songs. 

Besides Riad those are all great songs... 

On 8/30/2017 at 3:54 AM, Bono said:

:facepalm: I bet you just think it would be so cool and badass to play a song live bitching out immigrants, f aggots, police and n iggerss right? And the fact they don't play it makes them pussies right?  Your post epitomizes the absolute worst of GnR fans. 

Says who? You??  ....the thing about art is sometimes some people find something offensive while others may see it as a masterpiece.  That song may mean something entirely different to someone else than it does to YOU.  

Someone may be offended by the lyric "turn around bitch I got a use for you"......does that mean they shouldn't play It's so Easy??  Who decides what is offensive and what isn't?  

Don't like something?  Don't listen.

On 30.8.2017 at 5:55 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Bloody hell, why do I like all the songs nobody else does? 

Back off Bitch, Shotgun Blues, Anything Goes, Riad...the entire UYI vol 1.  I'm going to have to start a little misfits club for those who like the unpopular songs. 

Do you like Get In the Ring? I like it (but more as a joke :P

I hope "witchita lineman" and "I feel good" are signs they are going to open up a bit.  if there can't be new material off a new record then I'd enjoy the surprises.  Springsteen did a tour awhile back where it was essentially stump the band, people would bring signs with song names and the band would  pick a few and cover them cold right then and there, it was very exciting, very in the moment.  

and the deep cuts, it's hard to make sense of it, so many great gnr songs aren't being played.  "The seeker" should be banned forever imo.  

1 hour ago, comboguns said:

Axl's voice fits perfectly with this song

Thanks for this. Not crazy about Axl's voice here (is actually making me think I don't want to hear this on NITL anymore because I don't think he's capable of singing it nowadays) but the band!! Wow, they sound awesome.  The guitars!  That bit of funk at 1:17!  Woo!  :headbang:This is why I love this song - instrumentally, it's so fucking great.  

Everyone who says they hate this song?  Listen to 1:17 - 1:37 (ignore Axl if you can).  

2 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I hope "witchita lineman" and "I feel good" are signs they are going to open up a bit.  if there can't be new material off a new record then I'd enjoy the surprises.  Springsteen did a tour awhile back where it was essentially stump the band, people would bring signs with song names and the band would  pick a few and cover them cold right then and there, it was very exciting, very in the moment.  

and the deep cuts, it's hard to make sense of it, so many great gnr songs aren't being played.  "The seeker" should be banned forever imo.  

That's what I think too, they seem to be getting a bit more comfortable with deviating from the setlist.  Even though they didn't play Mads, the fact they're playing different songs at all shows that Axl is inspired lately.  And when is Axl inspired, he usually starts creating.  I honestly believe they've got new music in the works.  

I like the idea of the audience holding banners with songs on, can't see GNR doing this though, doesn't really seem their thing, unfortunately.  

As for them not playing the deep cuts, only reason I can think is Axl's voice isn't up to it as so many of them are really challenging.