Likelihood of tour continuing next year

Personally I think there's a good chance of doing one more global run, I.e dates running into next year, and back to Europe in the summer. It's a topic worthy of discussion as may impact our travel plans.

Reasons: UYI lasted three years (ish), Axl got it in his head to hit a certain number of ticket sales, I think he may be similarly motivated this time round now NITL is hitting "biggest of all time" lists.

The fact that they are hitting a tonne of North American markets when they haven't given the same attention to Europe and I suppose, the rest of the world. UYI did four/five UK markets, we know one weekend in London this summer.

This shows no sign of slowing down, they are still selling stadiums and garnering rave reviews and generating great audience satisfaction. Why would they stop this at the end of the year? They're still riding a wave. 

I think more "rest of world" dates are very likely next year, and expect them to hit Europe again.

Gn'r and NITL trumps all solo projects also.

Edited by Carburetta
Further thought, spell in title
  • Like 1

They are playing in Sao Paulo Brazil in less than a month. Exact venue they played last year. Surely, if they plan to play there again next year, it should be under a different tour name. Unless they plan to play at a different venue. Lol.

By the way, @RussTCB, not to derail, but why arent the South American tours not in the tour section yet? 

Well since they're already doing second legs of North America and South America this I would expect them to do the same again in 2018, but yeah I can totally see them doing another round in UK, Europe, Asia, and Oceania next year. Hell, maybe Axl will finally achieved that "goal" of playing in Africa he talked about a few years ago. 

I definitely think NITL will continue in some shape or form in 2018.

Edited by rocknroll41

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well since they're already doing second legs of North America and South America this I would expect them to do the same again in 2018, but yeah I can totally see them doing another round in UK, Europe, Asia, and Oceania next year. Hell, maybe Axl will finally achieved that "goal" of playing in Africa he talked about a few years ago. 

I definitely think NITL will continue in some shape or form in 2018.

Cool, thanks for your input. Not sure about Africa though but we will see! They should tbf.

I don't see why they couldn't but if they come back to Europe they'll probably go to different cities like AC/DC did for the Rock or Bust Tour. 

I honestly don't know how much are they gonna expand the tour. Three years is the max they can go without turning in into a Bob Dylan Tour. But... what after the tour ends? I guess Slash will go back with MK and Duff with Loaded but Axl what? New mercenaries? New album? :shrugs:

count on more shows... as long as there's money to be made and social media for Susan Holmes and Meegan Hodges to post pictures, I think slash and duff will continue to shamelessly sell izzy out long into the future.  

as far as axl and Team Yes they too are hungry for cash and axl WILL NEVER pass on the opportunity to try and legitimize his solo songs from his solo record for the two or three people who care.  

i think this tour will go as long as possible, even at the expense of new material.  I'd count on more shows next year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I don't see why they couldn't but if they come back to Europe they'll probably go to different cities like AC/DC did for the Rock or Bust Tour. 

I honestly don't know how much are they gonna expand the tour. Three years is the max they can go without turning in into a Bob Dylan Tour. But... what after the tour ends? I guess Slash will go back with MK and Duff with Loaded but Axl what? New mercenaries? New album? :shrugs:

He'll probably go back to working with Angus (assuming angus will still wanna work with him by that point).

46 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He'll probably go back to working with Angus (assuming angus will still wanna work with him by that point).

Since Brian Johnson seems to be making a comeback, will the AC/DC boards have the Izzy vs. the band type arguments if Angus keeps Axl?

1 hour ago, Sunset Gardner said:

count on more shows... as long as there's money to be made and social media for Susan Holmes and Meegan Hodges to post pictures, I think slash and duff will continue to shamelessly sell izzy out long into the future.  

as far as axl and Team Yes they too are hungry for cash and axl WILL NEVER pass on the opportunity to try and legitimize his solo songs from his solo record for the two or three people who care.  

i think this tour will go as long as possible, even at the expense of new material.  I'd count on more shows next year.  

So what happened to all that money Izzy was paid in exchange for his share in the band? 

40 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Since Brian Johnson seems to be making a comeback, will the AC/DC boards have the Izzy vs. the band type arguments if Angus keeps Axl?

I'm not a big ACDC fan so I don't know what their forum culture is like but yes, I would assume so.

I don't want it to end, because I'm afraid when it does it'll be over for good.  I'd love to see an (US) arena tour next spring, but I don't see it happening.  What would be great (duh) would be an original 5 reunion and hit 8-10 US stadiums next summer...go out properly.  

• Like 2

I've said it before, festivals are where the real money is and I know that some festivals in Europe didn't want to book them this year because of Axl's reputation, but since he has ''proven'' himself to be professional enough to show up on time, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on some festivals in Europe next year.

Edited by EvanG

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I've said it before, festivals are where the real money is and I know that some festivals in Europe didn't want to book them this year because of Axl's reputation, 

Huh? Da fuck? This year...?? I mean, they had friggin Coachella in 2016. How many more dates in 2016?

Sorry man, but that's BS. It's probably because GNR/TB asked a bit too much. So screw them.

And not that I care: festivals are so bad/boring/useless. Gimme a club gig. Then I will go.

Edited by AncientEvil80

17 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Huh? Da fuck? This year...?? I mean, they had friggin Coachella in 2016. How many more dates in 2016?

Sorry man, but that's BS. It's probably because GNR/TB asked a bit too much. So screw them.

And not that I care: festivals are so bad/boring/useless. Gimme a club gig. Then I will go.

I'm not saying it applies for every festival. I know a festival near me that didn't want to book them because they are ''too much risk'', but I can imagine that festivals have a change of mind now that the band has been touring for 1,5 year with no problems, and festivals are now already getting their headliners for next year.

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

So what happened to all that money Izzy was paid in exchange for his share in the band? 

hopefully he saved his money and invested it and is living the good life he deserves for being the most important member of Guns N' Roses.

but I'm talking about NOW not twenty-five years ago when izzy left the band at exactly the right time.  The band was already over, the songs and legacy were already written when izzy left to get sober and get his life together.

this time around izzy was left behind over money but it back fired, slash and duff exposed themselves as greedy old men and axl lied to Brazilian tv the same way he lies to himself and the same way he lies to us. 

they will tour next year, it will be without izzy and it will be cheap and grosse.

izzy, izzy, bo bizzy, banana fana fo fizzy, fi fie fo mizzy....  IZZY!

5 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

hopefully he saved his money and invested it and is living the good life he deserves for being the most important member of Guns N' Roses.

but I'm talking about NOW not twenty-five years ago when izzy left the band at exactly the right time.  The band was already over, the songs and legacy were already written when izzy left to get sober and get his life together.

this time around izzy was left behind over money but it back fired, slash and duff exposed themselves as greedy old men and axl lied to Brazilian tv the same way he lies to himself and the same way he lies to us. 

they will tour next year, it will be without izzy and it will be cheap and grosse.

izzy, izzy, bo bizzy, banana fana fo fizzy, fi fie fo mizzy....  IZZY!

Izzy still gets paid royalties from the songs he has writing credits on. This applies to sales, radio play and live performances. Yes, Izzy gets paid every time the current lineup performs a song that he has writing credits on.

I would be very surprised if we didn't see GNR do another run through Europe at some point next year.  There's just so much money on the table with another tour leg in Europe that it would be a bit crazy not to do it.  

Then again, with the final show of this year being in LA, that might just be it.  I don't anyone, including Axl, really knows what the future holds at this point.  Anyone remotely familiar with the band should know by now that even the best laid plans are susceptible to change.