Edmonton Soundcheck

45 minutes ago, default_ said:

I dont think the Madagascar words match on this. Just look at the lenght of every line and compare to whats on the monitor, it doenst fit. 

Nobody was there to tell what the fuck actually happened?

Yeah, I don't see it either.

These lyrics are huge ass long.... I think it is just plain ol' Estranged :shrugs:

• Like 1

I assume they are rehearsing an old tune they want to put in the set or working out some kinks in one of the songs. Based on duffs playing it will be something super slow. If they were working on new stuff with axl I assume they would rent a spot in private. 

Just now, comboguns said:

I hope they play street of dreams! this song is one the best songs on chinese democracy

I'm hyperventilating at the thought of what they might play off CD. 

If this is paying tribute to the victims of the flood disaster, then I'd go with Mads. 

If they'd planned this all along, then it's really open.  I'd be hoping/wishing for Riad.  But Blues/SOD would be awesome.  That guitar solo...:drool:

55 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Counting the words I don't get what you've typed. Plus I doubt the lyrics would appear as "no, I", I mean that not the whole line, plus those words don't say "no, I".

I don't know but it looks match for me, especially the second verse, the position of space looks matched. 

I think @Amir and other people are right about Madagascar.

bGyv9N5.png

madagascar.jpg.1fe659509ae1363ccc1218f2cf4bf0b9.jpg

Just some line breaks are different on the teleprompter: anymore / storm / shore / back / anymore/ I /soul / old / know

When they rehearse a new entry in the setlist or something they haven't played for a while before a show, they usually play it at the next one; so I wouldn't expect it tonight.

Edited by Blackstar

Here we are again, getting excited and trying to guess what we'll be getting this time :lol: I love it!

Please don't forget it's most probably nothing. It is a bit annoying that Meegan has stepped over to the hush hush mystery side again too though.

To me, in order of most likely to happen:

1) nothing special (50%)

2) Madagascar (25%)

3) another old new song (24.5%)

4) new song (0.5%)

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

bGyv9N5.png

Just some line breaks are different.

When they rehearse a new entry in the setlist or something they haven't played for a while before a show, they usually play it at the next one; so I wouldn't expect it tonight.

looks pretty accurate to me..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

bGyv9N5.png

Just some line breaks are different on the teleprompter: anymore / storm / shore / back / anymore/ I /soul / old / know

The last line before the long paragraph, which appears to have two words, doesn't match the length of "Oh, I".

It looks like a word of three letters and there's no spaces.

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Madagascar is a decent song but enough with the CD crap already... All they do is learn CD songs.. They have so many classics they haven't touched... 

Yeah I agree if they showed the same willingness to rehearse and play  a few of the classic songs now and again then another CD song wouldn't seem as bad as it does just now 

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The last line before the long paragraph, which appears to have two words, doesn't match the length of "Oh, I".

It looks like a word of three letters and there's no spaces.

The image is very blurry and the letters are distorted. It could be two "I"s and a comma in between with no space ("I,I")

So, they've teased us with a video of Axl soundchecking, but with no sound.

We haven't seen videos of Axl sound checking when he hasn't been singing anything new, this isn't the first time Axl has sound checked this tour is it? (excluding Black hole sun)

Edited by Carburetta
Asked obv question

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The image is very blurry and the letters are distorted. It could be two "I"s and a comma in between with no space ("I,I")

Even with the blurry the spaces between words is pretty clear.

The I's are tall and large... I don't see it more than once in that last line.