With the Brazil Concerts Soon, and Aerosmith/Bon Jovi/Cooper Being There...

2 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

That has got fuck all to do with it. I dont like the music. They may respect their fans but I am not one of them. 

I'm not a fan of their music either, although I like some of the 90s stuff when they turned more to rock n roll and rhythm and blues, but that's beside the point. As a band I have a lot more respect for what they have achieved in the last 4 decades than what GnR has done, which is very little.

Bon Jovi has some really nice stuff if you check out for their deep cuts, I even like some of their 90s/00s hits, Sambora was a decent composer and had a foot on blues/country/rock n roll, so theres a lot of that on osme of BJs songs. Its a shame he left at this stage of the band, but I got to see a memorable concert of his solo career last year, fuckin great... Orianthi was also good. It happened at Parque do Ibirapuera (sort of a São Paulo's Central Park) and was free, there were a huuuuuuge crowd that sang the hits with all their lungs. Memorable. 

3 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Blasphemy!!! Aerosmith and Bon Jovi are awesome!!!

But yeah, excited. I will be in Sao Paulo. Ill try to be in front. Im not sure if I can Periscope, as I am not from Brazil. I wont have internet data(roaming is expensive). The venue is supposed to have wifi inside, but I cant guarantee how good it is. Will certainly share pics afterwards.

I dont think we're going to succeed periscoping from here... Internet is just awful. :lol:

15 minutes ago, default_ said:

Bon Jovi has some really nice stuff if you check out for their deep cuts, I even like some of their 90s/00s hits, Sambora was a decent composer and had a foot on blues/country/rock n roll, so theres a lot of that on osme of BJs songs. Its a shame he left at this stage of the band, but I got to see a memorable concert of his solo career last year, fuckin great... Orianthi was also good. It happened at Parque do Ibirapuera (sort of a São Paulo's Central Park) and was free, there were a huuuuuuge crowd that sang the hits with all their lungs. Memorable. 

9 minutes ago, default_ said:

I dont think we're going to succeed periscoping from here... Internet is just awful. :lol:

Oh ok. I will just enjoy the concert. Youre going to SP too right? Or just RiR?

And BOOOO! Richie is a traitor! TEAM JON 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

56 minutes ago, default_ said:

Bon Jovi has some really nice stuff if you check out for their deep cuts, I even like some of their 90s/00s hits, Sambora was a decent composer and had a foot on blues/country/rock n roll, so theres a lot of that on osme of BJs songs. 

I don't care much for 80s cheesy metal-pop Bon Jovi, but there's some good stuff on These Days and Keep The Faith. Unfortunately they will always have the cheesy love ballads that don't do it for me, but songs like Dry County, Hey God, These Days, My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night are decent rock tunes with good vocals and guitars.

Edited by EvanG

16 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm not a fan of their music either, although I like some of the 90s stuff when they turned more to rock n roll and rhythm and blues, but that's beside the point. As a band I have a lot more respect for what they have achieved in the last 4 decades than what GnR has done, which is very little.

I simply do not want to see Guns N' Roses collaborate with Bon Jovi in any way shape or form. Would be like mixing my favourite drink with bleach. 

Coldplay, Brittany Spears, Boyzone, all did more than Guns N' Roses. I'm a huge fan of the band who did the least and loathe those acts along with Bon Jovi. 

6 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I simply do not want to see Guns N' Roses collaborate with Bon Jovi in any way shape or form. Would be like mixing my favourite drink with bleach. 

Coldplay, Brittany Spears, Boyzone, all did more than Guns N' Roses. I'm a huge fan of the band who did the least and loathe those acts along with Bon Jovi. 

You're an odd fellow. I love GnR's music more too, but I respect Bon Jovi a whole lot more.

15 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Oh ok. I will just enjoy the concert. Youre going to SP too right? Or just RiR?

And BOOOO! Richie is a traitor! TEAM JON 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm just goin SPTrip... I think Rock In Rio is not worth the trouble, waaay too crowded, bad organized and expensive :shrugs:

I hate the fact that Richie left but I cant help but love the guy. XD

1 hour ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Whats oddis that you expect me to have the same music taste as you. 

Not at all. That would be silly. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan anyway. What is odd is that you can't respect a band that has worked their asses off the last thirty+ years just because you don't like their music.

Just now, EvanG said:

Not at all. That would be silly. I'm not a Bon Jovi fan anyway. What is odd is that you can't respect a band that has worked their asses off the last thirty+ years just because you don't like their music.

I don't respect Bon Jovi in the slightest. I'm a Skid Row fan and also someone fighting for my OWN publishing rights in court atm. 

43 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Didn't Skid Row get their break because of Jon Bon Jovi?

They did but there was some sort of fallout involving Jon, only Richie paid them back their part or something but Jon refused. But as I remember they solved those issues a couple years ago.

I only listen to Bon Jovi because Richie Sambora is great. Great voice and great songwriter, I bet there's no band that doesn't go "fuck I wish I wrote that" for Wanted Dead Or Alive. Also I bet you guys didn't know Bon Jovi did the sex noises on an album (Slippery) 2 years before GNR did it? Pretty cool fun fact, and since that record was frickin huge it wouldn't surprise me that's where Axl got the idea to add it for RQ.:lol: He did take it one step further of course!

That said, the chance of GNR and BJ doing anything together on stage is less than 0%. Jons voice is shot and Sambora is gone (but Slash is back, what a twist of fate). Though Slash did play with Sambora a couple years back for some event.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

They did but there was some sort of fallout involving Jon, only Richie paid them back their part or something but Jon refused. But as I remember they solved those issues a couple years ago.

I only listen to Bon Jovi because Richie Sambora is great. Great voice and great songwriter, I bet there's no band that doesn't go "fuck I wish I wrote that" for Wanted Dead Or Alive. Also I bet you guys didn't know Bon Jovi did the sex noises on an album (Slippery) 2 years before GNR did it? Pretty cool fun fact, and since that record was frickin huge it wouldn't surprise me that's where Axl got the idea to add it for RQ.:lol: He did take it one step further of course!

That said, the chance of GNR and BJ doing anything together on stage is less than 0%. Jons voice is shot and Sambora is gone (but Slash is back, what a twist of fate). Though Slash did play with Sambora a couple years back for some event.

Snakepit also toured with Bon Jovi. I don't really know much about Bon Jovi, but I know two records because of my sister, and I think These Days has a lot of Richie influences.

On 5.9.2017 at 10:25 PM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Blasphemy!!! Aerosmith and Bon Jovi are awesome!!!

But yeah, excited. I will be in Sao Paulo. Ill try to be in front. Im not sure if I can Periscope, as I am not from Brazil. I wont have internet data(roaming is expensive). The venue is supposed to have wifi inside, but I cant guarantee how good it is. Will certainly share pics afterwards.

As is Alice Cooper. Bon Jovi more like for their early career. Since 20 years or so, they suck.

Yeah. I'll also be in Sao Paulo. Front row would be nice. When do you think people will start queueing there? 2 days before? ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

On 5.9.2017 at 10:45 PM, Silent Jay said:

Aerosmith gets a pass.

Never listened to Bon Jovi. I don't think he is relevant in rock history. I know the Desmond Child's hits. As a matter of fact, Desmond Child wrote most of the Aerosmith's biggest hits too.

Then for you to say they're atrocious makes you a fucking fool. How can you say that, when you've never listened to their music?

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

As is Alice Cooper. Bon Jovi more like for their early career. Since 20 years or so, they suck.

Yeah. I'll also be in Sao Paulo. Front row would be nice. When do you think people will start queueing there? 2 days before? ;)

Im not from Brazil, so I dont know lol. I will go 10am or so.

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Then for you to say they're atrocious makes you a fucking fool. How can you say that, when you've never listened to their music?

No no, I really think they're bad. Trust me, I know enough Bon Jovi to think his band, his songs or his lineup are all pretty awful.

• Like 1