09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Part of me feels Axl needs the criticism. So maybe this show will be good for him in the long run. Something has to change, he can't keep half assing gnr and expect to keep selling out stadiums. 

True. But we've been here many times and tours before

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks to @Rickodez @Gibbo @BlueJean Baby and @Kris_1989 for helping me enjoy last nights show (and anyone I might be forgetting in this moment).  Also to everyone else who helped us all get organized and provided media and links.

Class acts all :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yeh thanks to all who provided links for streaming last night, much appreciated here too :headbang:

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

No way, man. Jon barely leaves his mic stand and hangs off it for dear life most songs. 

Jungle was ok. Fair bit of rasp. He seems more winded than anything. 

The crowd love it and the vocal performance is solid, you can't say that  every night with Axl. If we are talking about who runs around more, and is entertaining in THAT way then Axl is obviously more entertaining... but Jon talks to the crowd, and you can discern what he's saying... not like Axls low ramblin' "We're happy to be here" or some random joke that half the words get lost in translation.

Axl any day of the week when he's actually gonna show up and put on a professional quality show, but any other day besides and I'd have to go with Jon for the repeated fact, that you know what you're getting night in and out and it's a solid pro performance, by a guy who works around his age limitations.

I've found this other torrent link of a 6,91GB 1080p version 

Open utorrent and open this link from file->add torrent from link magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8F04DE1A004BCAAE5BE23A8C57AC952AFC3FAAFD&dn=Guns.N.Roses.Rock.in.Rio.2017.1080p.HDTV.x264.NACIONAL-WWW.BLUDV.COM.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2750%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftorrent.gresille.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.piratepublic.com%3a1337%2fannounce

Edited by fanfzero

7 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

I've found this other torrent link of a 6,5GB 1080p version 

Open utorrent and open this link from file->add torrent from link magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8F04DE1A004BCAAE5BE23A8C57AC952AFC3FAAFD&dn=Guns.N.Roses.Rock.in.Rio.2017.1080p.HDTV.x264.NACIONAL-WWW.BLUDV.COM.mkv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2750%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftorrent.gresille.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.piratepublic.com%3a1337%2fannounce

Struggling to get this to work & find the magnet option you describe in UT menus, is the ? after magnet: part of the link too ?

Edited by swishtz
typo

1 minute ago, Tucknroll said:

As bad as it is, we can't blame him. We'd all keep going for the money he's making.

Wish they'd just do shorter runs, because when he came out first in 2016, he had a bit of fire in him... I know he wants to keep going, and playing these mammoth shows, but vocally he's not really able to pull it off. I'm curious to see how things go when they start doing 2 gigs in a row on this arena run.

Shorter runs, condensed sets, bit more focus on what keys actually suit the 50+ year old Axls voice and tis band could be killer, can't see any of that happening though... never mind looking for new music :P 

9 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Struggling to get this to work & find the magnet option you describe in UT menus, is the ? after magnet: part of the link too ?

press ctrl+U and paste from magnet to announce, the full link

In case it still doesn't work go here http://www.bludv.com/2017/09/guns-n-roses-rock-in-rio-2017-torrent-download-hdtv-1080p-nacional.html and press the green button that says hd720p magnet link (actually it is 1920x1080, so it isn't 720) under Versão Nacional (MKV). Be careful because the page is full of ads

Edited by fanfzero
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Underhardy said:

The only way that this is a lack of effort by Axl is that if he didn't rehearse, which leads to the voice cracks. But it's most likely just wear and tear on his voice. If he sang AC-DC last night it would've been the most voice cracks in the history of a performance 

He was just off for 2 weeks? that's a short but reasonable amount of time to rest up. I'm not convinced that he wouldn't have knocked out of the park last night if he was playing with AC/DC... mainly because he would probably have put a lot more prep time in, during the two week break. 

Look, Axl definitely cares about GNR and he wants to go out and put on a great show... but I just don't think it's registered with him that he's not 20, 30 or even 40 any more, so the days of sitting on the coach on Monday and doing a tour on Tuesday are over. Every singer at his level will say the same thing, a month to two months before a tour and they are running for miles and singing the set on their own and then with the band. 

Bottom line is, Axl surely remembers all the backlash from Rio '11 so he should have put his head down and made sure he blew the proverbial roof of Rio last night. Nobody would say he bombed, but at the same time nobody would say he knocked it out of the park... well no discerning / honest fan #fakenews ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFGnR said:

As much as I appreciate that Mick is still going strong, there is a big difference in singing Stones songs and GN'R.

Mick is a very good singer. He wasn't blessed with a wide range, but it's impressive how he's still doing justice to all of those tunes he recorded in his 20's etc.

Axl on the other hand could sing a song like Start Me Up no problem. He can sing a song like Back In Black with relative ease, but it's in between those that causes confusion for me. I wonder what happened in the down time from December 2010 and October 2011. Axl must have done a lot of harm to his vocal chords for him to take a totally different approach to singing, or at least been told as such. They started playing mostly over 3 hours and people started accusing him of going through the motions and what not and year by year there seemed to be something else mental that would happen. From Rio, to Bridge School to Bowling Alley's. He set the bar so high for himself in his younger years that he's stuck in the middle of trying to look after his voice and put on a great show. I've never seen any celebrity or any casual fan that has attended a show slate Axl for his voice. So maybe he thinks that it's good enough for the audience?

Fuck knows.

But it's a travesty that he doesn't feel the need to go all out when the world is watching. Because he's more than capable and he, for me at the very least, has showed in the last year that no one out there can touch him for the shows he put on. Stuff like this, he's just selling himself short while his bank balance still sky rockets!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

He was just off for 2 weeks? that's a short but reasonable amount of time to rest up. I'm not convinced that he wouldn't have knocked out of the park last night if he was playing with AC/DC... mainly because he would probably have put a lot more prep time in, during the two week break. 

Look, Axl definitely cares about GNR and he wants to go out and put on a great show... but I just don't think it's registered with him that he's not 20, 30 or even 40 any more, so the days of sitting on the coach on Monday and doing a tour on Tuesday are over. Every singer at his level will say the same thing, a month to two months before a tour and they are running for miles and singing the set on their own and then with the band. 

Bottom line is, Axl surely remembers all the backlash from Rio '11 so he should have put his head down and made sure he blew the proverbial roof of Rio last night. Nobody would say he bombed, but at the same time nobody would say he knocked it out of the park... well no discerning / honest fan #fakenews ;)

Yeah, this is what I think too.  For years now he's gotten by on little to no prep and I just think at this stage, and at his age, he can't afford to do that anymore.  If he wants to keep on touring, he'll have to change his approach: apply techniques learned from vocal coach, spend some time rehearsing and/or sound checking with the band, vocal warm ups, get himself match fit.  If he wants to keep running around and singing at the same time, he'll have to do something to increase his stamina.  Some singers actually practise singing while running on a treadmill.  

2 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

was axls voice shot because he was in Vancouver recording tracks with angus ?   :smiley-confused2:          or just because he is a lazy ass and has no time to prepare ?

Or maybe Axl sang just like he did for many years now and you finally got pro shot footage :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, blackieloveless said:

was axls voice shot because he was in Vancouver recording tracks with angus ?   :smiley-confused2:          or just because he is a lazy ass and has no time to prepare ?

More likely that Axl is preserving his voice for a run with Angus. No reason a guy that's been on tour since April of last year should be this rusty

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Axl on the other hand could sing a song like Start Me Up no problem. 

Good point about Start Me Up, because the other thing fans tend to take for granted is that on the whole, Guns songs are not easy to sing.  Axl used to make them sound easy, but they're really not when you take into consideration that so many of them require literally different voices, different pitches and tones = vocal gymnastics.  So for me, this is all the more reason why Axl should put more into preparation and maybe try to sing certain songs in a slightly different way.