Some RIR show observations

Watching it on youtube, a recording from 'Rock in Rio Multishow'.

Not sure where the audio feed is coming from, there is something up with the sound though. Slash is very loud in the mix and his tone is very rough. Can't hear Richard at all.

Axl seems to slip out of sync with the band a few times on ISE and Brownstone, not sure why that happens. His voice is shaky to say the least on high parts.

The intro to DTTJ seems unusual and very improvised. I noticed Axl makes a signal with his hand, possibly to Frank, to say "I'll come in on the next verse" ?

Better intro is awesome as usual, is this riff take from the song or has it been written since by Slash and Duff? If so it should be extended into a new song, it's great.

Well I'm up to Estranged so far, will see what else of note happens.

Did you notice any of the above things?

I loved the voice he did at the beginning of Jungle when he may or may not have said "you know where you are?!" It actually startled me and I immediately thought that it couldn't be Axl. It was great!

Also, the Better intro comes from a riff that is played under one of the solos. It's just turned into an intro.

Slash was super loud and overshadowed rhythm player??!  Weird.

I joke as that is his MO traditionally.  I actually think the balance between guitars is fairly decent with this lineup.  Its nice to hear the Izzy lead in intro's to WTTJ and Brown Stone for instance.  

Havent analyzed this show in depth though.

3 minutes ago, Garren said:

I loved the voice he did at the beginning of Jungle when he may or may not have said "you know where you are?!" It actually startled me and I immediately thought that it couldn't be Axl. It was great!

Also, the Better intro comes from a riff that is played under one of the solos. It's just turned into an intro.

At the beginning of Jungle I think he says you know exactly where the fuck you are 

42 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

Watching it on youtube, a recording from 'Rock in Rio Multishow'.

Not sure where the audio feed is coming from, there is something up with the sound though. Slash is very loud in the mix and his tone is very rough. Can't hear Richard at all.

Axl seems to slip out of sync with the band a few times on ISE and Brownstone, not sure why that happens. His voice is shaky to say the least on high parts.

The intro to DTTJ seems unusual and very improvised. I noticed Axl makes a signal with his hand, possibly to Frank, to say "I'll come in on the next verse" ?

Better intro is awesome as usual, is this riff take from the song or has it been written since by Slash and Duff? If so it should be extended into a new song, it's great.

Well I'm up to Estranged so far, will see what else of note happens.

Did you notice any of the above things?

That Better riff is just the same riff from the bridge of the song that Buckethead has that shredding bit over (right after the second chorus). It's nothing that was written by Slash or Duff but a cool new arrangement nevertheless.