Chances of “Free Fallin” live?

He's able to rasp it up on the James Brown song a bit, I'd be interested it hearing it if they drop a different cover song for it. It would go over better than some of the other covers.

Edited by GoBucky

Dont get me wrong - I love that duet.  But Axls rasp was way over the top.  He could sing it like a normal human singer and it would sound even better IMO.

However, the need for GNR to change up their stale set list is almost forming a symbiotic relationship with the all too frequent deaths of legendary musicians.  Not ideal if you ask me.

• Like 1

I think the chances are pretty high, unfortunately. And Axl will almost definitely sing it with his worst fucking voice.

Hope I'm wrong though. I'd actually be curious to hear them do Anything That's Rock N Roll with Axl and Duff splitting the vocal duties, and Melissa in the background.

1 hour ago, The Black said:

Please god, no cover of Free Fallin with Mickey. They'd have to rename it to Free Failin

:lol:

41 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm pretty sure at the next GNR concert there will be a dedication to Tom Petty.

Axl should sing "Free Falling" he and Tom did it live and I bet Axl would rock it.

The GNR set list will continue to grow with each death of a great musician. It's a way to remember them.

Instead a show will a funeral😩

personally id rather hear refugee and i think with axls voice the way it is right now, it would work out a lot better than with free falling. but i agree with most here. would prefer a new gnr song over new covers. chances are we wont get new gnr stuff at this years gigs anyways so if they must add a petty cover please drop the seeker

• Like 1