Axl in 1988: "If it wasn't for Dan McCafferty and Nazareth I wouldn't be singing"

He does indeed say "If it wasn't for Dan McCafferty and Nazareth I wouldn't be singing"

Can't transcribe right now, but he says basically they saw Nazareth last night and Nazareth are under rated.  Even though Guns get compared with Aerosmith that McCafferty and Nazareth is a big influence too.  He talks about locking himself in the bathroom to practice singing those high notes in Love Hurts.  Then goes into some Axl-logic about having to sing Judas Priest to be able to sing Nazareth.

• Like 1

"Last night... we got to see, in my opinion, one of the world's more underrated rock n' roll bands. And uh... ya know we're getting a lot of comparisons to like Aerosmith and shit, but if it wasn't for Dan McCafferty and Nazareth I wouldn't be singing.

I used to lock myself in the bathroom and try to hit those notes in Love Hurts, ya know? And the only way I was able to do that was by practising with Unleashed in the East. So, I had to sing Judas Priest just so I could sing Nazareth - I don't understand that exactly...

Anyway! They were celebrating their 20th anniversary… and of all of the bands we've met so far I think they had to be the fucking coolest to have [????] us. We'll dedicate this to their 20 years and hope that we can last half as long. This is called Hair of the Dog."

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

"We'll dedicate this to their 20 years and hope that we can last half as long"

well we had GNR 1986-1991, thats about 5-6 years, so if GNR ever reunites and manages to stay 4-5 years together axl will have his hope fullfilled -- 10 years of GNR

• Like 1