Your favourite pre-AfD songs?

I'm listening to a lot of the pre-AfD bands right now.

Songs from Hollywood Rose, the L.A. Guns EP (the only known recordings with Ole Beich and Rob Gardner) and Rapidfire. 

Which of those songs are your favourites?

Edited by Sosso

Reckless Life is on top to me, but I also like a lot Anything Goes, Rocker and Killing Time..From Rapid I like Prowler and Closure. Well it´s been awhile since I´ve heard these songs and I´ll back to this right now!! Thanks for the "up"!!Haha :headbang:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Derick said:

Reckless Life is on top to me, but I also like a lot Anything Goes, Rocker and Killing Time..From Rapid I like Prowler and Closure. Well it´s been awhile since I´ve heard these songs and I´ll back to this right now!! Thanks for the "up"!!Haha :headbang:

Reckless Life, Rocker, Shadow Of Your Love and Anything Goes are my favourites from Hollywood Rose. The Hollywood Rose version of Reckless Life is actually better than the one on Lies and Shadow Of Your Love seems like a early blueprint to Welcome To The Jungle.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

@Sosso About Reckless..Between the demo and the mixed ones ... Which one do you like the most? I started liking the mixed version(Gilby) more but today I prefer the demo one.

Good question. I really like the Gilby mix because of Tracii's guitar overdubs but I also love the original. Hard choice...

• Like 1

Reckless Life and Shadow Of Your Love (the GNR versions) just tear your face off, it's like punk and ACDC made sweet love. That song Closure by Rapidfire really is a great little tune, i guess the earliest indication of what Axl was capable of and that he was a little out of the ordinary.

Edited by Silverburst80

Reckless Life and Shadow of Your Love - the Guns N' Roses versions.  

The 'wake up it's time to play' version of Shadow of Your Love is one of the best GNR songs imo.  It' so raw and real. Just listened to it now and goddamn could Axl sing back then. 

The Hollywood Rose version of Anything Goes was interesting to hear but it's not nearly as good as the Appetite version, and Rocker is okay but not really that great.

I don't really know all the rapidfire stuff but what I have heard of it isn't so hot.

Never heard any of the LA Guns one, don't even know what's on that.

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Never heard any of the LA Guns one, don't even know what's on that.

Track listing

• 1Don't Love Me4:37

• 2When Dreams Don't Follow Through3:33

• 3It's Not True2:47

• 4Something Heavy2:23

Credits

Michael Jagosz
vocals

Tracii Guns
guitar

Ole Beich
bass

Rob Gardner
drums

Edited by makkonen

1 hour ago, makkonen said:

Track listing

• 1Don't Love Me4:37

• 2When Dreams Don't Follow Through3:33

• 3It's Not True2:47

• 4Something Heavy2:23

Credits

Michael Jagosz
vocals

Tracii Guns
guitar

Ole Beich
bass

Rob Gardner
drums

in other words, this has nothing to do with guns n roses

and this is by no means `pre-afd` or `pre-gnr`

these are just recordings done by people who, for a very short period of time, were in bands with axl and izzy and slash

Yeah I thought the OP was referring to some demo with Tracii and Axl or something. I'd never heard of there being one but I'm not an expert on these things. That EP there I have no real interest in hearing even though I do like LA Guns. 

As far as Move to the City, I knew it was an older song but I've just never heard any pre-Guns versions. I don't think there even are any out there but like I said...not a bootleg expert.

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah I thought the OP was referring to some demo with Tracii and Axl or something. I'd never heard of there being one but I'm not an expert on these things. That EP there I have no real interest in hearing even though I do like LA Guns. 

As far as Move to the City, I knew it was an older song but I've just never heard any pre-Guns versions. I don't think there even are any out there but like I said...not a bootleg expert.

it should be priceless if/when a (does it exist) pre-GNR version of Move to the City ever surfaces!

Edited by ludurigan