November rain live vocal question

New mind the darkness, still can find a way -oh -oh -oho higher - oh - oh - oho lower yeah, yeah.

How often did Axl perform this extra vocal embellishment to November rain? Haven't really noticed it until now. It's at about 6:20 on the Paris '92 version (great performance by the way). I also noticed he did it with Elton at the VMAs. Was this a regular part of the song in the nineties? It sounds great.

Maybe I just noticed it there because this is the best performance of it.

Edited by Carburetta
Add link
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, the vocals...outstanding.   Slash sounds bloody brilliant here, too.  Love his wild hair - no sunglasses days...and Duff!  You can actually hear him! lol  Thanks for posting this, first time I've listened to NR the whole way through in a long, long time.  

Yeah have to admit it's one i often skip. I'm just listening to this..

and it sounds pretty good so far 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Yeah have to admit it's one i often skip. I'm just listening to this..

and it sounds pretty good so far 

I don't think I had heard that version of Ain't going down before, For the first minute I was like "what is this?" Was almost like listening to a new song.

• Like 2

He started doing it in 1992. He kinda did it in Oklahoma '92, but it was a regular thing since the first European show in 1992 (may 16, Dublin) until the last Buenos Aires show in 1993.

Just check any performance of the song between may 1992 and july 1993 and you'll hear it.

I noticed it when I started collecting bootlegs a long time ago and I had to know this information lol

20 hours ago, fernandoGNR said:

He started doing it in 1992. He kinda did it in Oklahoma '92, but it was a regular thing since the first European show in 1992 (may 16, Dublin) until the last Buenos Aires show in 1993.

Just check any performance of the song between may 1992 and july 1993 and you'll hear it.

I noticed it when I started collecting bootlegs a long time ago and I had to know this information lol

Cool, thanks for info man :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, slash23579 said:

He does it here too during one of my favorite performances of this song

Preferred mine, but that was really unusual, acoustic November rain.

Edited by Carburetta

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Don't Damn Me is a bit slower than what is on the album. I wonder if they played it like this, can Axl still keep his breath? I know the pacing is the reason why they never played it in concert.  

That reason I just never got. They played Garden Of Eden live multiple times ffs..

Edit: And I have definitely never heard that version of Aint Going Down before. Fucking awesome. And Bad Apples like Slash solo - just going on forever in multiple sections. But I can see why that was the song they left off, the chorus needed lots of work.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown