Queen

Pishy

To all of you outside the UK, a new Queen documentary aired the other night. It will be released with the deluxe 40th anniversary edition of News of the World. It was originally recorded following the band on their travels through America during the tour for the album, but for some reason never seen the light of day, til now. One annoying thing is that they use exerts from the Days of our Lives documentary, which is very noticeable. The new footage makes up for it though! This should hopefully work for you if you download an extension on your browser that will allow you to change your IP address to say that you are in Britain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09d5xpf/queen-rock-the-world

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is why they never released that Queen Anthology they’d been talking about since 2000. Teasing us with the crap they released with the 2011 remasters and then one-and-a-half discs worth of rare material for a whole album. They could have released so much more on the bonus discs in 2011.

• Like 1

£100 for that News of the World boxset: Oh dear me! It is an attractive set but crikey, and the only disc of any great interest is really disc 2, which admittedly is spectacular in its rawness. 

On 11/8/2017 at 1:42 AM, Dean said:

To all of you outside the UK, a new Queen documentary aired the other night. It will be released with the deluxe 40th anniversary edition of News of the World. It was originally recorded following the band on their travels through America during the tour for the album, but for some reason never seen the light of day, til now. One annoying thing is that they use exerts from the Days of our Lives documentary, which is very noticeable. The new footage makes up for it though! This should hopefully work for you if you download an extension on your browser that will allow you to change your IP address to say that you are in Britain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09d5xpf/queen-rock-the-world

Yes, it was a decent watch.

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

£100 for that News of the World boxset: Oh dear me! It is an attractive set but crikey, and the only disc of any great interest is really disc 2, which admittedly is spectacular in its rawness. 

Yes, it was a decent watch.

The third disc would be good, too if we hadn't already heard at least half of it.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:47 AM, DieselDaisy said:

You're definitely right. The past few box sets that Queen have released have been extortionate in price for what they offer and they seem to have gotten into the habit of the Rolling Stones by repackaging old material/releasing ridiculous amounts of compilation albums. The price aside though, that second disc alone is the best thing they've released in a very long time. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

70's Queen is some of my all-time favorite rock.  When Queen wanted to be heavy they could be HEAVY.  "Stone Cold Crazy" is possibly the first ever thrash metal  (or close to it) song.  I can imagine how it must have sounded to listeners back in 1974!  Queen could be epic too.  The lead break in the middle of "Father to Son" sounds like how I imagine the Apocalypse will sound!  So much drama!  Queen were songwriters on a very high level.

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

A few months back (I forgot to mention it) I picked up this bad boy still sealed. "Love Kills" 12" Extended Dance Remix.

R-104292-1297540976.jpeg.jpg

Fantastic purchase. One of my favorite songs. Really liked the 'rock mix' version that appeared on the Freddie Mercury collection with the guitarist from Adam and the Ants doing the solo.

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Fantastic purchase. One of my favorite songs. Really liked the 'rock mix' version that appeared on the Freddie Mercury collection with the guitarist from Adam and the Ants doing the solo.

I have a 7 inch of that, with that exact cover. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have a 7 inch of that, with that exact cover. 

Quality. I'd like to see Freddie's solo stuff get a bit of treatment from Queen productions. Don't get me wrong, some of it is shite, but there are a few gems that I'm sure the younger generation would appreciate.

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Hold up, Marco Pirroni is on a Freddie song? I'm not finding that info anywhere, do you have a source?

Edited by luciusfunk

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

Pssh. Johnny Bivouac? I thought you meant Marco. Johnny Bivouac is less than a footnote in rock history. Less than a footnote in the history of Adam and the Ants.

They're not really my cup of tea. I'd never heard of either of them and the only reason I did was when I scouted to find who played that solo a few years back. By the sounds of it, he's the Ole Beich of Adam and the Ants? :lol:

Not a bad credit for that fella to have though. Impressive take on the solo too.

5 hours ago, Dean said:

They're not really my cup of tea. I'd never heard of either of them and the only reason I did was when I scouted to find who played that solo a few years back. By the sounds of it, he's the Ole Beich of Adam and the Ants? :lol:

Not a bad credit for that fella to have though. Impressive take on the solo too.

He’s so insignificant to the history of Adam and the Ants that he wasn’t even one of the Ants that Malcolm McLaren stole to form Bow Wow Wow. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 11:05 AM, Dean said:

Quality. I'd like to see Freddie's solo stuff get a bit of treatment from Queen productions. Don't get me wrong, some of it is shite, but there are a few gems that I'm sure the younger generation would appreciate.

Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow deserves a Queen treatment. 

• Like 1

This looks incredible. I'm hoping it comes down in price a bit if the pre-orders don't do as well as they hope, £95 seems a bit steep.

http://www.repfoto.com/index_book_queen.php6

frame2.jpg

The shows and events portrayed in this book document the phases, changes and development of the band. They are arranged in chronological order and fully documented. I want this book to be used as a point of reference in years to come to help readers relive the way they looked with each album and promotion. The main costume themes were white followed by black. Except that the band and the shows were anything but black and white. The blaze of colour assaulted the senses in that structured R'n'R way that seems lost on todays bands. You want to know how it was done right? look no further than in the pages of this book.

Pre-order (ONLY on www.therocklibrary.com) will open on June 21, 2018.
A pull-out double page poster in full colour will be included with all orders placed before August 16, 2018.
Shipping will begin in late September 2018.

The price is £95 UK pounds plus shipping. We ship worldwide. The total price will be automatically converted to your local currency using the prevailing rate at the time of order. We accept PayPal and all major debit and credit cards accepted via a secured server. Each copy will be signed by the author. A dedication can be added if requested at the time of order. Full terms and conditions of this offer are given on the website and the exact publication day will be announced on social media and to all buyers nearer the time. Watch this space and follow Robert Ellis on Twitter and Facebook. The links are at the bottom of this page.