Tour statistics

Just now, Padme said:

I find it boring. I find a lot of self pitty from Axl part in some of the songs. And others I just don't understand what he is talking about. I don't like weird noises like in the Better sort of intro. I don't like Axl talking kinda like in a baby voice in the begining and end of the song. I find TIL cheesy, repetitive and and melodramatic. If The World, boring as hell. TWAT annonying self pitty lyrics. Buckethead plays a great outro, but that's it. I don't find anything like WTTJ or YCBM on Chinese Democracy

Thanks for clarifying :) I don't necessarily agree with any of the critique since you're looking at the album from a unique perspective, though I can understand if you were looking for 80's hard rock songs and didn't find that on an album from 2008.

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Thanks for clarifying :) I don't necessarily agree with any of the critique since you're looking at the album from a unique perspective, though I can understand if you were looking for 80's hard rock songs and didn't find that on an album from 2008.

I don't mean that CD has be an AFD clone. But I wish it could be more like Contraband or with ballads like Patience or Don't Cry not something like If The World or TIL.

Just now, Padme said:

I don't mean that CD has be an AFD clone. But I wish it could be more like Contraband or with ballads like Patience or Don't Cry not something like If The World or TIL.

Tracks like TIL, Street of Dreams & Prostitute are as far as the album needed to go to fill the ballad quota, it would've been too much if there would have been more softer tracks among that.  The idea of a modern rock sound is very different between Axl and Slash's perspective, while Slash goes more traditional Axl leans more toward layers of guitars and synths.

I don't get why everyone rags on If The World, I've always found it catchy with its style and guitars :P makes for a nice bridge between Street & TWAT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padme said:

I understand and respect that for you it is your favorite album. But please make a case why? Is it because of Finck? In that case it is not too much of a compelling argument. Even if you write a 10 pages paper explaning in  detail why you love it so much. Still, is it their best album? For you it probably is. But for millions of fans around the world it is not. GN'R didn't become one of the biggest bands in the world because of CD. Not even if the Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler would've made it.  With the AFD lineup it would've sold a bit better. But I don't think the kind of music, lyrics and overproduction we have on CD is the kind of album that most GN'R fans, die hards and casuals are expecting to hear 

Like I said, I totally understand how it's not everyone (anyone) else's favorite GNR album but you're kind of missing my point. 

My point is that I can understand how it's not anyone else's favorite. Like you said, there's no point in going on about why it's my favorite but I can't put it in a nutshell for you: I like more songs on that album than I do on any other GNR album therefore, it's my favorite. 

19 hours ago, Tadsy said:

Complain all you want, makes little difference to me. 

But you will need to accept that some people here don't accept CD as a legitimate GNR record for obvious reasons. Arguing that everyday will get tedious for you either way. 

The only reason I brought up GNR truth is because you sound EXACTLY like one of those sheep

I'm probably one of them, I mean, as far as Guns N Roses are concerned..The diference is that over there they cut all the drama, haters, trolls, etc...And I don´t like it..I believe that what keeps a fan forum still alive and interesting are exactly the discussions, the different points of view and of course the disagreements.I say that because updates about shows, news about the band, bootlegs and another stuffs are not a forum exclusivity, not anymore. So your suggestion that I should leave MyGnR and go to GNRTruth does not make sense to me...In fact, your separatist stance reminds me a lot of what exactly I did not like about GNRTruth.

Anyway,I think that If you can attack what no longer pleases you...I can perfectly defend what pleases me. And from this point of divergence we get more fun!;)

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

To put it briefly, that's exactly what happend in the mid 90's. At first Axl let Slash and Duff sign a contract which said the name GNR is his if the band split up or a member of the band dies.

Then he quitted the band and offered Slash and Duff to be part of his new band as employees. Slash never agreed and leaved after a while.

The old membership was still existing, that's why Axl and Slash (and Duff to some dagree) had both to agree about everything classic-era-stuff-related like using it for movies and shit like that.

ow no baby boy:facepalm:

14 hours ago, maynard said:

yeah but it is not REALLY GNR without them right? (4th attempt)

Wrong.

12 hours ago, Gackt said:

I don't get why everyone rags on If The World, I've always found it catchy with its style and guitars :P makes for a nice bridge between Street & TWAT

It's a great song with some beautiful playing from Buckethead - especially that acoustic outro. :drool: 

Could do without that sleazy 70's blaxploitation groove though. 

11 minutes ago, RONIN said:

It's a great song with some beautiful playing from Buckethead - especially that acoustic outro. :drool: 

Could do without that sleazy 70's blaxploitation groove though. 

Axl just wants to get a little funky :axl:

28 minutes ago, Derick said:

I'm probably one of them, I mean, as far as Guns N Roses are concerned..The diference is that over there they cut all the drama, haters, trolls, etc...And I don´t like it..I believe that what keeps a fan forum still alive and interesting are exactly the discussions, the different points of view and of course the disagreements.I say that because updates about shows, news about the band, bootlegs and another stuffs are not a forum exclusivity, not anymore. So your suggestion that I should leave MyGnR and go to GNRTruth does not make sense to me...In fact, your separatist stance reminds me a lot of what exactly I did not like about GNRTruth.

Anyway,I think that If you can attack what no longer pleases you...I can perfectly defend what pleases me. And from this point of divergence we get more fun!;)

ow no baby boy:facepalm:

Wrong.

Anything you didn't understand?

14 hours ago, Gackt said:

Tracks like TIL, Street of Dreams & Prostitute are as far as the album needed to go to fill the ballad quota, it would've been too much if there would have been more softer tracks among that.  The idea of a modern rock sound is very different between Axl and Slash's perspective, while Slash goes more traditional Axl leans more toward layers of guitars and synths.

Well AC/DC is a traditional rock band and Axl joined them. It seems he didn't have a problem performing 80s even 70s rock songs. If Axl eventually joins AC/DC again and he makes an album with them. I don't think you're going to find songs like TIL or If The World. If Slash is more traditional so is Angus Young.

I don't see why GN'R needs to become a modern rock synths type of band. I believe GN'R can be ok the way they were

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This took me a long time to learn personally. I spent the better part of a decade responding to seemingly every post I disagreed with and to be honest, it was quite exhausting.

I'd go around quoting every post that said "Axl & his solo band" and replying with something like "BUT IT *IS* GUNS N' ROSES!!!111!!11!!". Same thing with CD. CD is not only a GN'R album to me, it's my favorite of theirs. It took me years to understand that my opinion was just as foreign to others as theirs was to me. 

For whatever reason I (and a lot of CD fans) seemed to take it personally. I've said this before and I think it still rings true; I think a lot of it has to do with the harshness of all this being written in text where there's no tone or inflection. I've had knock down drag out "wars" with users on forums, then met them in person and got along with them famously. We're able to discuss our differences of opinion a lot better in person when we can hear the feeling behind the words being said.

Just thought I'd mention all of that as your post really hit home with me.

Great post Russ! 

I personally see both sides of the argument on this one. And although CD isn't my cup of tea, I respect it's history in relation to Axl, GNR and all that goes with it. I guess if Duff and Slash can accept playing it (for huge dollars no less) the least I can do as a fan is respect that one way or another, it's part of GNR history. 

you're 100% correct about tone and inflection, sometimes what I write seems harsh on here when read out loud but it's not my intention, it's not said with anger either, maybe it's blunt lol but I don't mean to be haha 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Well AC/DC is a traditional rock band and Axl joined them. It seems he didn't have a problem performing 80s even 70s rock songs. If Axl eventually joins AC/DC again and he makes an album with them. I don't think you're going to find songs like TIL or If The World. If Slash is more traditional so is Angus Young.

I don't see why GN'R needs to become a modern rock synths type of band. I believe GN'R can be ok the way they were

AC/DC is also the poster band for dadrock :lol: Axl has more progressive aspirations than sticking with a "safe" yet tired sound, especially among all the dull and generic hard rock bands of the 2000's

(if Axl is doing an album with AC/DC, he'd likely have zero input on the writing fwiw)

Edited by Gackt

49 minutes ago, Gackt said:

AC/DC is also the poster band for dadrock :lol: Axl has more progressive aspirations than sticking with a "safe" yet tired sound, especially among all the dull and generic hard rock bands of the 2000's

(if Axl is doing an album with AC/DC, he'd likely have zero input on the writing fwiw)

Well I'm afraid GN'R is also dadrock band at this point. If Axl ever had any "progressive aspirations" They are in the vault. He had chances to shows those "aspiration". He didn't. He decided he was better off making a lot of money with a reunion tour.

If Axl joins AC/DC, I doubt Angus wants Axl just as a mere hired singer. He could get a mere hired singer elsewhere and for cheaper price.

24 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well I'm afraid GN'R is also dadrock band at this point. If Axl ever had any "progressive aspirations" They are in the vault. He had chances to shows those "aspiration". He didn't. He decided he was better off making a lot of money with a reunion tour.

If Axl joins AC/DC, I doubt Angus wants Axl just as a mere hired singer. He could get a mere hired singer elsewhere and for cheaper price.

Almost all of AC/DC's modern albums are solely written by the Young bros, Axl wouldn't need to put in his two cents at any point and all he'd need to do is come in and lay down the vocal tracks; Axl Rose being the vocalist is more potential money from an entirely different fanbase, so it makes more sense to use him than a session musician that would likely be completely disregarded before even doing anything

I agree that Axl squashed a lot of potential the 2001 line-up had for recording music and bringing out a great new era for the band.  However, Chinese Democracy was a great album to my ears for its songwriting and instrumentation, and having effort to set itself apart from the old hits.

Edited by Gackt

On ‎07‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 9:56 PM, maynard said:

Let's say Bono decides to release a solo album next year with 8 different musicians in place of Edge, Larry and Adam but he feels somehow he's the face and voice of U2 he just can't let it go and decides to call his new album an U2 album. It would have U2 name on it but it would not REALLY be an U2 album right? Or do you disagree with me? Apply the same logic to his solo album, Chinese Democracy. If you're not retarded I guess you understood the point.

Of course it would be a U2 album if he had the rights to call it that. It would be a very different album, though. It might not feat into the band's overall chronology. Fans would feel betrayed and butthurt. They might even be so upset they'd refuse to call it a U2 album, as if that would change anything.

35 minutes ago, Derick said:

Finally! Yes, same band, different lineup. Thank you.

Can't believe I've been so wrong all this time. You saying "Wrong" really changed everything. Makes me wonder if that lineup was still around when would Stinson, Ashba and Bumblefoot, etc. decide to release CD2. What do you think?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Of course it would be a U2 album if he had the rights to call it that. It would be a very different album, though. It might not feat into the band's overall chronology. Fans would feel betrayed and butthurt. They might even be so upset they'd refuse to call it a U2 album, as if that would change anything.

I think being butthurt is not really the case. People would see the U2 name and the new musicians and just go "Well, it's REALLY just Bono and some new guys". It's a very logical reaction. Noel Gallagher is the heart and soul (and sometimes the voice) of Oasis but he knew calling his solo band Oasis would bee just stupid since there was no Liam... Axl was greedy and in his own disturbed mind, thought he was GNR. Time proved he was wrong. Slash is back and now they got some relevance and legitimacy back.

6 minutes ago, maynard said:

I think being butthurt is not really the case. People would see the U2 name and the new musicians and just go "Well, it's REALLY just Bono and some new guys". It's a very logical reaction. Noel Gallagher is the heart and soul (and sometimes the voice) of Oasis but he knew calling his solo band Oasis would bee just stupid since there was no Liam... Axl was greedy and in his own disturbed mind, thought he was GNR. Time proved he was wrong. Slash is back and now they got some relevance and legitimacy back.

Which is an entirely valid opinion of yours. It does not, of course, change the fact that Chinese Democracy was a Guns N' Roses record.

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Almost all of AC/DC's modern albums are solely written by the Young bros, Axl wouldn't need to put in his two cents at any point and all he'd need to do is come in and lay down the vocal tracks; Axl Rose being the vocalist is more potential money from an entirely different fanbase, so it makes more sense to use him than a session musician that would likely be completely disregarded before even doing anything

I agree that Axl squashed a lot of potential the 2001 line-up had for recording music and bringing out a great new era for the band.  However, Chinese Democracy was a great album to my ears for its songwriting and instrumentation, and having effort to set itself apart from the old hits.

Axl is not just some guy you put there to sing. I would find it disrespecful if Angus thinks that way. I think he trully respects Axl. I'm sure Axl will be allowed to add his two cents. Maybe not in every single song. But if he joins AC/DC he will do something more than just take the stage and sing.

32 minutes ago, Padme said:

Axl is not just some guy you put there to sing. I would find it disrespecful if Angus thinks that way. I think he trully respects Axl. I'm sure Axl will be allowed to add his two cents. Maybe not in every single song. But if he joins AC/DC he will do something more than just take the stage and sing.

You'll be disappointed then :P Axl's always just been a guest to the band, he isn't a member where he can add influence

Not In This Lifetime
Album Number Percent (Albums)
AfD 998 28,44%
Lies 142 4,05%
UYI I 582 16,59%
UYI II 572 16,30%
"TSI?" 252 7,18%
CD 456 13,00%
Other Songs 507 14,45%
Total 3509 100,00%

Not In This Lifetime
Album Number Percent (Albums)
AfD 998 28,44%
Lies 142 4,05%
UYI I ( - LALD) 456 13,00%
UYI II ( - KOHD) 446 12,71%
"TSI?" 252 7,18%
CD 456 13,00%
Other Songs 759 21,63%
Total 3509 100,00%

On 9/11/2017 at 2:22 PM, Gackt said:

You'll be disappointed then :P Axl's always just been a guest to the band, he isn't a member where he can add influence

Yeah, well, with Axl on board they've played songs they didnt play 20 or 30 years ago. For example, Axl specifically wanted to play "Touch Too Much" (which was NEVER played live 1979!!!), and they did.