Melissa Reese Cosmopolitan Interview, Talks About Joining The Band, Close Relationship With Axl

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I am talking about the Sorry/If The World mashup. She mentioned getting permission from Axl to play around with it.

Yep! She mentioned that on her Instagram account.. "Big hugs and TYs to @fourmoreminutes, @kidang711, @briceology, @flebeis and Mr.🌹for letting us cover/remix/mash and perform the Guns cutz "

Just now, PatrickS77 said:

No. You're right. He was VERY useless, not just useless. Glad he's gone. Now if he we could only get rid of Spice Girl too.

You have no idea about Pitman. That dude was a very respected and talented musician back in the 90's.

On 10.11.2017 at 4:23 AM, Tadsy said:

Why is it, the more I read about Duff the last 2 years on here, the more my opinion changes of him from all round good guy, to a cut throat business man? The rumour of him putting Pittman up against a wall, the backing of axl and cash grabbing at Izzys and Stevens expense, backing Stevens dismissal from the tour, are just a few issues I've read about on here that if true, don't paint him in the best light. 

Yeah. The question is, is it all true? The part of Duff putting Pittman up against a wall, really sounds more like wishful thinking, than really what Duff seems to be about. Also I think that would be really childish. As much as I can't stand Pittman, he can post whatever he wants, without having to fear bodily harm. They don't own his twitter or life. Fire his ass, if you don't like what he posts (well, they did).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I have no idea about Afghanistan but I live in America, in Argentina, and I am pretty sure there's still a lot of jobs that women are not allowed to do or are not sought after for them. I don't think in the USA women are working in construction in masses, like you suggest "any" job, or it does not look to me that you have a quite significant amount of women piloting a plane.

In the music business, yes, there are plenty of solo female artists and some all female bands. In mixed gender bands? Not that much.

Some fields are more male than female dominated. That doesn't change what I said earlier about women holding all kinds of jobs.

Your limited perception of things going on  onstage cannot be generalized.

Not saying her presence is huge or her role is outstanding but she is there the whole show, does chorus and plays an instrument. So she does the job of 2 choir girls and 3 horn people.

She's not doing the job of Tracey, Roberta and the 976 Horns. She replaced one person, Pitman, arguably the least significant person in the band.

I am talking about the Sorry/If The World mashup. She mentioned getting permission from Axl to play around with it.

Maybe the other women would have been given permission too in a similar situation. Maybe the issue never came up back then. Either way, it doesn't seem significant enough to warrant for talk about breaking glass ceilings.

54 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Some fields are more male than female dominated. That doesn't change what I said earlier about women holding all kinds of jobs.

You are clearly pretty ignorant on the whole subject about women and jobs. So I will let you keep thinking whatever ignorant stuff you think about it.

55 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

She's not doing the job of Tracey, Roberta and the 976 Horns. She replaced one person, Pitman, arguably the least significant person in the band.

Yes, she is. She does all the chorus, plays all the synths that replace the horns and other special effects.

Pitman has nothing to do with her but if Axl made a spot for a 7th person onstage and he had to find a replacement for that spot, then it means the spot has a role in the whole scheme of things. Whether you like it or not.

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Maybe the other women would have been given permission too in a similar situation. Maybe the issue never came up back then. Either way, it doesn't seem significant enough to warrant for talk about breaking glass ceilings.

Maybe they didn't have what Melissa has. Maybe they were just singers. While Melissa has prepared herself all her life to be working in music and making a living out of it.

I have no idea what the other girls career turned out to be but if one person can make the job of other five then it is obvious that person has got something special with them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derick said:

I believe it wasn´t a question of gender. They lost Pitman just before the tour began, she was there, she was able to do the job so they hired her. I don´t think they were philosophizing too much about the fact that she was a woman.

You misquote me. I was speaking irrespective of what they (Guns) want. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You misquote me. I was speaking irrespective of what they (Guns) want. 

Oh I'm sorry! My bad. Now I think that I got you and...I don´t know, It´s a good money and If she has ambition, she could not afford to escape such an opportunity (even if it is to work with a band of supposed misogynists). She knows that only talent is not enough to be noticed or to succeed, you have to be smart to know how to embark on a good opportunity. From the little I saw she seems to be talented, she is charismatic, she already has her fans and haters, important elements to succeed in the artistic environment. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Derick said:

Oh I'm sorry! My bad. Now I think that I got you and...I don´t know, It´s a good money and If she has ambition, she could not afford to escape such an opportunity (even if it is to work with a band of supposed misogynists). She knows that only talent is not enough to be noticed or to succeed, you have to be smart to know how to embark on a good opportunity. From the little I saw she seems to be talented, she is charismatic, she already has her fans and haters, important elements to succeed in the artistic environment. :lol:

Same what Ashba :P

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I heard It's So Easy from what must have been the Apollo on FM radio last night and the synths sounded so high in the mix while listening in my car. Like way higher than any of the youtube videos of that show I heard or even the Sirius broadcast. It was the single most worst performance I have ever heard of this song in my life.. I haven't notice it at the shows I attended but have heard it on a random youtube shows.. Synths over It's So Easy.. Fucking sacrilegious... 

Why would they have synths in It's So Easy?  That's a classic, GN'R cock rock anthem.  Smh.

Anyway, I'm ok with Melissa.  She's easy on the eyes and has a nice voice.  Axl's going to have a synth person anyway you look at it so it might as well be a good looking chick with a decent voice. :lol:

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

wonder if this is a common perception among fans that Melissa is doing the job of five people. That's almost like saying that I'm doing the job of the entire band when I press the play button.

Isn't she replacing the chorus girls, the horn section (3 people) and also Pitman? :question:

Thats what you said and that actually makes six people, so yeah, she's doing the job of all of them. It looks like you have comprehension problems or something.

Remember when Slash guitar parts have to be played by 3 people? Well, that's how it works. 

Keyboards, Synthesizer, sampler and drum machines are indeed capable of replacing a whole band and even a whole orchestra. However, I hardly believe that there is anyone who wants to hear Slash's guitar solos from a MIDI keyboard

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Isn't she replacing the chorus girls, the horn section (3 people) and also Pitman? :question:

Thats what you said and that actually makes six people, so yeah, she's doing the job of all of them. It looks like you have comprehension problems or something.

Remember when Slash guitar parts have to be played by 3 people? Well, that's how it works. 

Stop lying. I never said she replaced anybody but Pitman.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Keyboards, Synthesizer, sampler and drum machines are indeed capable of replacing a whole band and even a whole orchestra. However, I hardly believe that there is anyone who wants to hear Slash's guitar solos from a MIDI keyboard

Agreed. Still, you wouldn't normally say that one person playing keyboards/synthesizer is doing the job of five people. The amount of work or the requirement for talent doesn't increase when you replace people with machines. It would make more sense to compare Melissa with other synthesizer players when assessing her talent than to express admiration because she's supposedly replaced so and so many players and instruments.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:59 PM, Derick said:

I believe it wasn´t a question of gender. They lost Pitman just before the tour began, she was there, she was able to do the job so they hired her. I don´t think they were philosophizing too much about the fact that she was a woman.

Well as it goes, apparently Axl was very enthusiastic to hire a woman as a member of the band. (I read that on this website in the last few days but can't remember where to reference it, sorry.)

But the point is, he at least was keen on the idea of there being a woman as a member, so he had obviously 'philosophised' on it somewhat. 

A young female in a huge vintage rock band that is full of male testosterone is a cool thing. They add attraction. We need to remember that the classic line up officially died in 1990, right after Farm Aid. That was almost 28 years ago. Let's enjoy the candy while we can. 

Example Nita Strauss from Alice Cooper 

13 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

A young female in a huge vintage rock band that is full of male testosterone is a cool thing.

Yes it is but the testosterone in this band is in serious decrease so that's the only reason why they accept her now... they are becoming female with the aging :lol:

On 11/13/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sosso said:

You have no idea about Pitman. That dude was a very respected and talented musician back in the 90's.

He was sort of a fringe, cult musician. 

Axl was definitely up on him. He was a huge fan of Lusk. So much so, that he invited Pitman into his house and the two of them spent a great deal of time alone, just exploring music.

If there's one thing you can thank Pitman for, it's for befriending Axl in the late nineties and getting him motivated to write, play guitar and get the ball rolling. It sounds like initally, Axl was more willing to spend nights with just him and Chris at his home studio, then go in to check on the progress of the actual band at the professional studio.