Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast World Tour 2018-2021

Powerage5

Clansman is one of my favorite live and studio songs (love Zwijsen/Blaze acoustic version too) and I'm looking forward to hear it live:

And Bruce is in great vocal and physical shape it seems... 

Icarus is also one of my favories from 80s

• Like 1

Watched some videos on Youtube. Bruce sounds incredible and the band is fired up. Terribly bummed I can't see them yet. 

Is there any chance someone could buy me a few shirts from one of the shows? Event shirt, tour shirts, etc.

On 6/3/2018 at 2:02 AM, SlashisGOD said:

Watched some videos on Youtube. Bruce sounds incredible and the band is fired up. Terribly bummed I can't see them yet. 

Is there any chance someone could buy me a few shirts from one of the shows? Event shirt, tour shirts, etc.

The event and tour shirts are actually going to be available online starting this year. I’d offer to help you out, but my next trip is 36 days, so I’ll have my luggage packed to the brim :lol:

Stockholm was excellent as expected. Sweden is my favorite country to see Maiden in, and the crowd delivered. The band was on fire also. My second favorite so far after Tallinn. 

Trondheim was my 100th Maiden gig, but unfortunately it was a bit shit. The venue was laid out terribly (It was a festival), so they didn’t really have the space for the crowd. Everyone was super tall, and with how packed in it was, I couldn’t see anything the whole gig. The crowd was obnoxiously drunk too - I had people like tugging on my hair and clothes and shit with no good reason, and they’d get shitty with me if I gave them a hard time about it. Add on the wind and rain, and the fact that it was the coldest outdoor gig I’ve ever been to, it was just a really forgettable one. 

Last night was supposed to be my last gig on this trip, but I was so sick I had to swap my ticket for a seated ticket, and even then I left halfway through the gig. Really bummed out about ending a trip on this note, looking at skipping my flight and coming home Friday instead so I can do Sweden Rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

Agreed, wish Paschendale was brought back, but other than that every song in there is outright amazing and deserving of the setlist. I hope they don't change the set too much when they bring it to NA.

Maiden has a precedent that, when a song gets the axe during rehearsals, or in the middle of a tour (Not between legs of a tour, but between two gigs in the middle of a tour), they never bring it back again. Paschendale got the axe in 2010 - for the first ten shows of the tour they alternated night between that and Dance Of Death, but Paschendale wasn't gelling well so they dropped it and just stuck with Dance Of Death. So unfortunately, it will probably never be played again :( 

Other songs that fall into this category are Charlotte The Harlot, Caught Somewhere In Time, The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, Stranger In A Strange Land, Infinite Dreams, Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger, Comos Estais Amigos, Paschendale, and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns. There might be one or two others I'm forgetting, but I think that's it. 

As for hoping that not much changes when the tour comes over here - I don't think anything will change. The stage show is too intricately tied to the setlist - it's a lot more than just backdrops since there's a lot more props, specific outfits for Bruce, the stage changes, etc. The only songs I can really see even possibly changing are 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Wicker Man, and Run To The Hills. There's nothing special about how any of those are staged this tour, and especially The Wicker Man seems like an awkward fit in the religion part of the show ( I mean, it technically is a religiously-motivated song, but not the way Revelations or Sign Of The Cross is). Plus I never liked it mid-set anyways. This tour is the first time I've seen them close with Run To The Hills and I quite like it as a closer actually - I'm tempted to say it's my favorite I've seen to date.

Yea I know they have that weird policy, although of that list of songs I only would like 3-4 of them to come back. 

Yea 2M2M and Wickerman I'd be totally fine seeing dropped. Would much rather Wasted Years and Powerslave although i doubt either would be added.

Edited by The Dissident

• 2 weeks later...

Back on tour now. Zurich was great, and my first time on the barrier this tour. Really amazing how many small details you might miss when you’re not up front this time. 

Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I ended up skipping the Lisbon gig. We had a few really shitty situations that day and we just didn’t feel in the mood for the gig - we left after the first support band. Especially gutted as I’d never seen them in Portugal yet. 

Madrid last night was fucking incredible. It was in the Metropolitano Stadium, so by far the biggest gig of the tour, and one of the largest stadiums Maiden has ever played. Truly incredible crowd, and the band was really on point. Madrid got an event shirt too, I’ll post a picture when I can. 

Skipping Trieste to relax in Barcelona and Andorra for a few days, I’m back at it in Athens. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Repetitive set lists and nostalgia?

IM always has same setlis whole tour... and in last d3cade they have newalbum- classic-new album... tour.

This is "classic" - but with few rarities in setlist - 2 Blaze era songs, return of Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare after loooong time, For the Greater Good of God wasn t played often in the past...

Game based are - stage sets - mimics of game fight srenas, and theme sections of the show - war, religion, beast/hell themes change trough show...

And the band was in great form. If you have a chance - go to one next year - I assume they'll play Americas in 2019...

36 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

IM always has same setlis whole tour... and in last d3cade they have newalbum- classic-new album... tour.

This is "classic" - but with few rarities in setlist - 2 Blaze era songs, return of Flight of Icarus and Where Eagles Dare after loooong time, For the Greater Good of God wasn t played often in the past...

Game based are - stage sets - mimics of game fight srenas, and theme sections of the show - war, religion, beast/hell themes change trough show...

And the band was in great form. If you have a chance - go to one next year - I assume they'll play Americas in 2019...

I found the game repetitive that’s all. But I was enjoying it like Football Director. 

Do they play Slaughter and Madness? I’m really that era fan. 

57 minutes ago, wasted said:

I found the game repetitive that’s all. But I was enjoying it like Football Director. 

Do they play Slaughter and Madness? I’m really that era fan. 

Well... all android/ios games are that way...

Full setlist in 2018:

Intro – Churchill's Speech

"Aces High" (from Powerslave, 1984)

"Where Eagles Dare" (from Piece of Mind, 1983)

"2 Minutes to Midnight" (from Powerslave, 1984)

"The Clansman" (from Virtual XI, 1998)

"The Trooper" (from Piece of Mind, 1983)

"Revelations" (from Piece of Mind, 1983)

"For the Greater Good of God" (from A Matter of Life and Death, 2006)

"The Wicker Man" (from Brave New World, 2000)

"Sign of the Cross" (from The X Factor, 1995)

"Flight of Icarus" (from Piece of Mind, 1983)

"Fear of the Dark" (from Fear of the Dark, 1992)

"The Number of the Beast" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Iron Maiden" (from Iron Maiden, 1980)

Encore

"The Evil That Men Do" (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, 1988)

"Hallowed Be Thy Name" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)

"Run to the Hills" (from The Number of the Beast, 1982))

8 hours ago, The Dissident said:

A beautiful setlist.

The best ever IMO. Only one that comes close for me is the 2010 leg of The Final Frontier:

The Wicker Man

Ghost Of The Navigator

Wrathchild

El Dorado

Dance Of Death

The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

These Colours Don’t Run

Blood Brothers

Wildest Dreams

No More Lies

Brave New World

Fear Of The Dark