True Story Behind Estranged!

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

The all piano "demo" is a fake created by a fan back in 2002 or so.  We've discussed it in depth here.  Absolutely not a demo; just a piano cover.

''Oh and Freightrain, you can go ahead and fuck your mother, you ignorant cunt'' :lol: 

Best post in years :lol: 

4 hours ago, Drewdown said:

Basically your favorite part of Estranged is all of it?! Jajaja, just playing. Well done as usual and as a Stern fan it was funny to hear that Ronnie makes an appearance. Hard to argue that this tune isn’t perfection in so many ways.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...

Whoa, whoa, whoa stop the clock!  Were you being serious about that being Ronnie Mund making a cameo in the video?  I've been a huge Howard Stern fan since the early 1990's & I don't ever recall that being mentioned on the show.  And I haven't missed many of Howard's shows in the past 3 decades.

11 hours ago, Chewy2 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa stop the clock!  Were you being serious about that being Ronnie Mund making a cameo in the video?  I've been a huge Howard Stern fan since the early 1990's & I don't ever recall that being mentioned on the show.  And I haven't missed many of Howard's shows in the past 3 decades.

that was a joke i just thought he looked like ronnie. It couldn't have been ronnie, it didn't look like dean cain's body on the guy with the stache....

11 hours ago, sidman69 said:

that was a joke i just thought he looked like ronnie. It couldn't have been ronnie, it didn't look like dean cain's body on the guy with the stache....

Haha, okay that makes more sense.  I kept looking at the screenshot over & over and saying to myself that I guess it kind of looks like a younger Ronnie.   That whole picture of Ronnie thing this week was very funny.

I have found that playing the song on acoustic guitar really makes me appreciate the melody and melodic shifts a lot more than when I hear the released version. There is an innate beauty to the melody in connection to the lyrics that is a bit lost in production and in the longevity of the recorded version. Unfortunately, then I miss Slash's amazing lead guitar parts. You can't have it all.

It really is a great song with some of Axl's best lyrics.

• Like 1