GNR mention in Nytimes obituary of Charles Manson

8 minutes ago, ceres said:

Tongue in cheek. But would be funny considering how they added ‘Black Holed Sun’ and ‘Witchita Lineman’.  

Guns don’t do controversial things anymore, wouldn’t happen and personally I think it’d be in bad taste to honor a murderer by playing a cover of one of his songs for tens of thousands of people to listen to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Guns don’t do controversial things anymore, wouldn’t happen and personally I think it’d be in bad taste to honor a murderer by playing a cover of one of his songs for tens of thousands of people to listen to.

Agreed

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

the only thing manson deserves is to rot in hell. had he apologized and owned up to his crimes i might be singin a different tune but instead the dude tattoos a swastika on his forehead. i mean cmon

Nah, I want my serial killers to own it. That's what made him. Evil personified.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Manson isn’t a murderer.  

7 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

the only thing manson deserves is to rot in hell. had he apologized and owned up to his crimes i might be singin a different tune but instead the dude tattoos a swastika on his forehead. i mean cmon

you're assuming there IS a hell....if not, then what?

16 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Charlie got to live to be an old man, died in a bed, and was world famous for almost 50 years.

He got exactly what he wanted. He won.

I am guessing as he was locked in a cage for the majority of his life and realized he was not getting out he wishes he could have done things differently 

8 hours ago, k12 said:

I am guessing as he was locked in a cage for the majority of his life and realized he was not getting out he wishes he could have done things differently 

If he did he would have said so while he was still alive. He'd been in and out of jails and reform schools almost all of his life. That was what he was accustomed to. In his own twisted logic, just because he was physically in prison - his mind wasn't. The guy was a master manipulator and played head games with everybody he came in contact with. He grew up in a very rough environment. He got his followers to commit murder on innocent people. He never repented or even took culpability. All of that was his "game" and he won it by taking all of that to his grave.

Edited by Jabberwocky