UYI's Raw and as they were intended to sound

What a stumble upon this is

Found it on youtube and many of the songs as in their raw form and sound better than the finished product.

Leave your comments on what sounds differently to you all..

For me, i had NEVER heard a studio version of the full Ain't goin down.  November rain and The Garden are a tad slower and better i think.

Don't Damn me is unfinished and really different

All in all, this is something to hear after 25 years and having heard the other versions hundreds of times each. Raw and refreshing.  Probably what Slash referred to as what he heard the albums as before they were massively worked over.

The tempo of most of the songs is most definitely slower

Edited by axlinkafayette

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Just to reiterate what we've been over many, many times....the Estranged piano "demo"  on this bootleg is a fake.  It's a cover version.  It's not Axl.  Just cause it's on a bootleg CD doesn't make it real.

This is really the downside of the internet. People spot a bootleg and think they can "make it better" by adding shit they haven't properly researched. People keep putting together their own bootleg and fake shit gets mixed in with the real stuff. I'll take the classic more trustworthy boots any time. Stuff like Mates and Rumbo Tapes. Or stuff like The Story Vol. 1 and 2 or Unreleased Tracks vol 1 through 6. Any uneducated tit can put stuff on YouTube and pretend it's real.

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

It would be a shame not to have a re-release of UYI for its 30th anniversary: the 2 original albums remastered, bonus discs with demos and outtakes, br/dvd with all videos from the era, a pro-shot full concert, etc.

They could do so much with the material they have, offer a fucking amazing box, make the fans happy and make some dough.

BUT it is GNR we’re talking about, so the odds of it happening are close to zero.

It’d be a shame not to have anything for the AFD 30th anniversar- oh...damn

Nice to hear, but this isn't the raw version of UYI that Slash always raved about. Those don't exist anymore.

You can read in Slash's autobiography how he left the studio after finishing overdubs with the best sounding version of Illusion. Before Axl had Mike Clink putting all sorts of SFX and keyboards on it. He said they were entirely different records.

Slash reiterated this point over the years in various interviews. Telling journalists that if they wanted to hear those albums they way they should have been, they could come over to his house and listen, as only he had those rough mixes.

Somewhere down the road, Slash lost them. He now deeply regrets that those cannot be reclaimed and fondly recalls how they sounded.

So, as far as demos and bootlegs go, theses may be interesting, but they're not the beasts that get put on a pedestal. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Nope, didn't listen to the whole thing but DDM, Locomotive, GOE with Steven are there.

ok, you mean mates live rehearsal 1989

i thought this thread was about raw uyi demos or unproduced takes aka axl advances copy aka use your illusion outtakes etc etc etc

there are no demos circulating with steven on drums from use your illusion sessions as far as i know

7 hours ago, Juventino said:

The Mates rehearsal session is included, which has Steven on drums.

sure

ok, you mean mates live rehearsal 1989

i thought this thread was about raw uyi demos or unproduced takes aka axl advances copy aka use your illusion outtakes etc etc etc

there are no demos circulating with steven on drums from use your illusion sessions as far as i know

• Like 1

I don't think these sound better than the finished product at all. They sound raw and unproduced. The production on the final album is great, why anyone would want to listen to these low quality demos instead is unknown to me. It would maybe make sense if we had higher quality recorded demos but these aren't very good.