"Where Do Guns N Roses Go From Here ?"

Nothing of any note will actually happen. It’ll be a blank period where we get no news of anything that’s happening, occasionally there will be a random tweet from Guns or Axl unrelated to what’s actually happening. There will be Axl/DC and SMKC and Guns will probably be in a blank, going nowhere state like it was after ‘93 except this time it may not get picked up again. 

• Like 4

guns n aliens will rest for a couple of years then tour again

then rest again

then tour again

and this nonsense will go on and on and on

and again and again and again and again

for as long as there is loot to be taken

thanks to everyone involved in this nonsense -- including, yep, the people who pay to see it -- its very likely that nothing will change

and thus no one in this planet will ever be able to witness GNR again

• Like 3

If they don't take this momentum into the studio it would be a huge mistake. No wait a bigger mistake would be Axl/DC does anyone in their right mind seriously want that? I would be so pissed. It's cool he helped them out but it's time to put AC/DC to bed. Older fans like myself have been waiting a long time. This tour has blown away expectations use this down time to hopefully work on something or at least put out a live record out. But please for the love of all that is good in the world don't kick me in the nutz with this Axl/DC shit that would be horrible. Keep this ball rolling! I'd rather listen to an Axl/Mellissa solo record than anything with Angus. 

Go Back to the Pre-Reunion Groupings
Axl and Slash seem pretty copacetic onstage and were even filmed briefly chatting offstage at one point, but who knows what things are like truly behind the scenes? Once Axl fulfills his reunion tour commitments he might pull a Mike Love and go back to the fake GN'R. After all, he owns the name rights and can do whatever he wants. Any group of randos he throws onto a stage instantly becomes Guns N' Roses. They'd be back to playing B-list festivals and large club gigs, but maybe he'd prefer that to putting up with Slash each and every night. Then Slash can get back with Myles Kennedy and it'll be like all of this never happened. That's a little hard to imagine, though. Now that the public has seen Axl and Slash back together and proved how much they'll pay for it, they'll have a hard time accepting any other version of the band. Whether or not they like it, Axl and Slash are now probably stuck with each other forever.

It could always fall apart and old wounds reopen,  but I think they're all enjoying the ride and printing out money.  

New music? They can't even put ONE new song out, but who knows if they've been sneaking in studio time or coming up with stuff in hotel rooms and soundchecks. I'm sure if/when the time comes, that new song will be on a movie soundtrack. 

I think the US tours will become shorter, be based around festivals (as nuGuns had done in the past) and we'll get another Hard Rock Vegas residency - of course the tickets are going to be more than the last time around. Flying piano makes a comeback, add to it a more permanent version of the pop up museum. 

Axl/DC - probably a live album/Blu-Ray coming out in the next couple of years, guessing they'll have both a Brian concert and an Axl concert.  

You ain't gonna get new music, sorry but that much is obvious and you're dreaming if you think you are.  But from a Guns n Roses fan perspective, this is good also, isn't it?  I mean compared to what anyone under the age of 40 has had prior, I mean from 93 to like...02 there was literally fuck all.  And then not much of anything until Chi Dem was released.  Now you have a great deal of the old band, three of em anyway, onstage together, playing what I hear is like...musically they're pretty solid with it.  Yeah its a cash grab but you get to see your favourite band so thats a good thing right? 

I don't think they go anywhere from here, they tour, they make money, the sell merchandise, No GnR album is gonna do shit in the charts anyway, it'll get its share don't get me wrong, anything with GnR on the label will sell SOMETHING, I mean lets face it Chi Dem did.  I don't think they're really inclined to make new music.  Its a helluva weight y'know, THE NEXT GnR album, when you're in your 50s or whatever, do you really need it?  Especially with the money coming in.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sabian11 said:

If they don't take this momentum into the studio it would be a huge mistake. No wait a bigger mistake would be Axl/DC does anyone in their right mind seriously want that? I would be so pissed. It's cool he helped them out but it's time to put AC/DC to bed. Older fans like myself have been waiting a long time. This tour has blown away expectations use this down time to hopefully work on something or at least put out a live record out. But please for the love of all that is good in the world don't kick me in the nutz with this Axl/DC shit that would be horrible. Keep this ball rolling! I'd rather listen to an Axl/Mellissa solo record than anything with Angus. 

With the passing of malcolm and the fact ac/dc will have no original members other than angus, its time angus retired ac/dc for good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

With the passing of malcolm and the fact ac/dc will have no original members other than angus, its time angus retired ac/dc for good.

Isn't it ironic that the guy Angus now works with is the guy who did not retire his band with no original members left either? Must've been destiny.

• Like 2

NITL will wrap up in mid-late 2018 (more dates will be announced before Christmas to fill the first quarter gap) and then they'll take a break. Slash will finish his Conspirators album and probably tour at least a little bit in 2018/19 when Myles' schedule permits. Axl will most likely work with Angus in some capacity if AC/DC decides to continue and then Guns will reconvene in a couple of years and  release an album and tour. They'll most likely make the occasional appearance here and there during their 'hiatus' too.

Or none of the above and the NITL tour literally lasts a lifetime.

36 minutes ago, soon said:

I just hope the recent leaks go public.  Whats next for GNR officially though?  Branded trivets no doubt

Recent leaks?

Edited by AlexC

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

NITL will wrap up in mid-late 2018 (more dates will be announced before Christmas to fill the first quarter gap) and then they'll take a break. Slash will finish his Conspirators album and probably tour at least a little bit in 2018/19 when Myles' schedule permits. Axl will most likely work with Angus in some capacity if AC/DC decides to continue and then Guns will reconvene in a couple of years and  release an album and tour. They'll most likely make the occasional appearance here and there during their 'hiatus' too.

Or none of the above and the NITL tour literally lasts a lifetime.

Recent leaks?

A few weeks back there was a buzz about Atlas Shrugged and part of The General apparently circulating.  It almost seems like an elaborate prank, but Im told they are really out there. They cant be posted here for completely understandable reasons, but I hope those in possession will get them on YT or something.

1 minute ago, soon said:

A few weeks back there was a buzz about Atlas Shrugged and part of The General apparently circulating.  It almost seems like an elaborate prank, but Im told they are really out there. They cant be posted here for completely understandable reasons, but I hope those in possession will get them on YT or something.

I thought The General had been out for years? At least the instrumental. Didn't they use it as the pre show intro for the 2011 tour before they started using the Dexter theme?

Just now, AlexC said:

I thought The General had been out for years? At least the instrumental. Didn't they use it as the pre show intro for the 2011 tour before they started using the Dexter theme?

From what i gather, there is something note worthy about the newer General clip.  Maybe its just that its the studio version?  I dunno.

What happens next? IMHO once they milk the current tour for as much money as they can, Axl goes back into seclusion and Slash records another album with Myles and tours with his solo band as he can't stand inactivity.....considering his history I think it is a long shot Axl records with Slash/ Duff or AC/DC ...........

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Shit, I hope not. I would shell out way too much on a theater show

I've been telling you that's my guess since before the tour started in Detroit in 2016. I really think that's how this thing is going to go. I think people will be looking at sky high prices in super small venues.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I've been telling you that's my guess since before the tour started in Detroit in 2016. I really think that's how this thing is going to go. I think people will be looking at sky high prices in super small venues.

I know but I still think they're too big for that! Can you imagine a reunion lineup GNR at the Fox or something? I guess we will see!

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I know but I still think they're too big for that! Can you imagine a reunion lineup GNR at the Fox or something? I guess we will see!

Any size venue will be able to hold any size tour no matter how big so long as it's priced high enough. My guess remains that this is what will happen around 2019. Most actual GN'R fans will be priced out of the shows by a long shot IMO.