With your ass in...? (Anything Goes lyric question)

I've been wondering about the lyric on Anything Goes "panties round your knees with your ass in.." 

Is it "your ass in da breeze" or "your ass in debris" ?

It could be either, like her ass waving around in the air, or parked in a load of trash (debris) while gettin it on. GnR sleaze, lol.

When I google it I see both listed on the various lyrics sites. I don't actually have a copy of the album inlay to check what the actual lyric is, can someone who does have a look please? :)

It's of utmost importance, ya know.

While your on topic about lyrics, I’ve always wondered if anyone can hear the lyrics that apparently exist on Shotgun blues right at the end? 

(There’s ways - that we - can find)

i just cant hear it.

also at the end of pretty tied up

(but I can tell you a thing or two
'bout somethin' else
If you really want to know...know what I'm sayin')

that’s in the booklet but never heard it, only in live versions 

Edited by megaguns1982
Change

10 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Great tune. A true “Deep Cut.” :headbang:

I think it is great too.  Most people might rank it last on Appetite but that doesn't mean it as bad song.. That is just a great group of f'n songs. I wouldn't change a note.. I actually never really heard much negative about it until the interweb forums. Going to crank it on the way to work!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Genius has an answer:

Panties round your knees
With your ass in debris

He’s having sex with this woman in his home, which is a dirty mess. Back when Guns N' Roses signed with Geffen, they lived in what was affectionadely called “Hell House”, which was lively described by their then-manager:

I almost fainted. It was Beneath the Planet of the Apes. It was, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. It was so beyond imagining. I couldn’t stop laughing. The band had torn the toilets from the floor and thrown them out the window. People were defecating in the sinks. The holes in the floor where the toilets got ripped off were filled with urine. There were half-eaten Whoppers with mold on the wrappers. They would just get in these drug rages and just go berserk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

While your on topic about lyrics, I’ve always wondered if anyone can hear the lyrics that apparently exist on Shotgun blues right at the end? 

i just cant hear it.

also at the end of pretty tied up

'bout somethin' else

that’s in the booklet but never heard it, only in live versions 

You mean pretty tied up. 

The master that is on the album fades out but there is a rough cut out there whereby the song continues rather than fading out and ends like the live version with Axl saying the  ''tell you a thing or two" line. he extended 14 Years outro from the same tape is outstanding.

Rubber maid has got to be a slang term for a woman with whom one has sexual intercourse, surely? Using a 'rubber' (condom)?

Fuck knows, tbh.

Anything goes is a really good track though. I was listening to people's guitar covers on youtube, and the whole thing is great with several different sections and different tempos. The only thing that detracts from it a bit is that the vocals on the chorus are a bit cheesey, sound a bit too glam-rock, but I can live with it. The guiro percussion on the intro more than make up for it! 

3 hours ago, mr.flibble said:

You mean pretty tied up. 

The master that is on the album fades out but there is a rough cut out there whereby the song continues rather than fading out and ends like the live version with Axl saying the  ''tell you a thing or two" line. he extended 14 Years outro from the same tape is outstanding.

Yeah, I said pretty tied up, do you have a link to this rough mix?

so any idea on the first part of my question about shotgun blues?

Until a few years ago, I used to always think it was "ass in the breeze". But  "ass in debri" makes more sense and is even sleazier  \m/

I always thought "keep a rubber made" just meant keep a condom "rubber" ready to go.. But I don't really know.

1 minute ago, hitchcock said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubbermaid

TOP DEFINITION

Certain females who take keen interest in rubber products as sexual objects or silverware
Betty you rubber maid

A person who wears rubber so they can be urinated on while cleaning.
I'd really like to be your rubbermaid tonight.

Thank you, I thought I made this clear with the pic I posted while maintaining decorum, but I guess I was too gentle! lol

I appreciate the innocence displayed here though everyone!  What a wholesome lot we are

• Like 1

I always thought its something like she was a "rubber doll" so  he could do it all to her

in portuguese the 90's magazines translate it in that context

and debris is like "her ass  after a hardcore sex"

Edited by hitchcock

'bout somethin' else

In Shotgun it seems like there is a deeper voice of Axl behind the "I know" saying this

this is why it is in parentheses, its a deepeer layer

it goes like this:

"I know(There’s ways )

I know ( that we)

I know (can find)"

but I need a better mix or set up to hear it clearly

Edited by hitchcock
  • Like 1

GNR lyrics can be abit confusing at times for instance,

" When the lights went down in your house, yeah that made me happphhuuuee!"

Whats that about, is Duff waiting in the bushes like a creepy cunt till his girl goes to bed or is there some more romantic meaning?.

And where did the sweat come from?, much to ponder.

Edited by Silverburst80

7 hours ago, hitchcock said:

'bout somethin' else

In Shotgun it seems like there is a deeper voice of Axl behind the "I know" saying this

this is why it is in parentheses, its a deepeer layer

it goes like this:

"I know(There’s ways )

I know ( that we)

I know (can find)"

but I need a better mix or set up to hear it clearly

All good with the pretty tied up live version, I’m just curious as to why those lyrics are in the booklet for uyi2 when it’s clear that the song fades out and ends before the says that part.

maybe it was done in mixing and was overlooked in the booklet