Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

luciusfunk

7 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

It's a movie about cloning dinosaurs, not a documentary.

I thought Jurassic World was more about a Chris Pratt adventure movie and less about actual dinosaurs, which is why I was down it.

Parts were cool, but there was no need for the silliness of Pratt ridding his bike along side the Raptors. Dislike that they're going to go back to it again.

9 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Nothing turns me into a 10 year old boy again more than Jurassic Park. So anything this franchise puts out has me on the tip of my seat again.. 

I hope those dinosaurs will be okay. :( 

Also, that T-Rex scream.. :wub: Goosebumps. Still. 

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Looks so bad

Seriously? Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite franchise, but I think it looks better than Jurassic World.

And apparently the footage in the trailer is only from the first hour of the film.

11 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

Awesome to see Ian Malcolm back and hear his “life finds a way” quote even if it won’t be in the movie. 

What makes you say the line won't be in the movie? From what I can tell, he's saying it at a hearing where they're getting his thoughts on if the dinosaurs should be protected or not.

48 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Seriously? Maybe I'm biased because it's my favorite franchise, but I think it looks better than Jurassic World.

And apparently the footage in the trailer is only from the first hour of the film.

What makes you say the line won't be in the movie? From what I can tell, he's saying it at a hearing where they're getting his thoughts on if the dinosaurs should be protected or not.

Yeah I am. Looks awful. What a stupid idea for a story. Especially because Claire didn't give a fuck about the dinosaurs in the last one

I liked Jurassic World as a popcorn movie, but in 2 years it didnt age well for me. I also hate the special effects in these new ones. The original looked better imo

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah I am. Looks awful. What a stupid idea for a story. Especially because Claire didn't give a fuck about the dinosaurs in the last one

I liked Jurassic World as a popcorn movie, but in 2 years it didnt age well for me. I also hate the special effects in these new ones. The original looked better imo

A part of Claire's arc was her caring about them by the end of the movie though. The scene where they see the valley of slaughtered brontosauruses initially starts to show that.

I love Jurassic Word, but Fallen Kingdom seems to be more serious in tone, as well as more suspense. Not to mention more use of practical effects and animatronics.

Trevorrow is good, but I'm even more pumped that Bayona is directing this one.

To each their own I suppose, but I think Fallen Kingdom looks even better. And although the militarized dinos is likely still somewhere in the playbook, the idea of people fighting for "rights" for them and protecting them is a pretty good idea to me. If it was reality, there would certainly be people doing just that, so it's no surprise that they're going that route for some of the story in this movie.

It looks ridiculous. I will probably watch it in theaters, laugh my ass off, and have a blast. In a more realistic universe, Claire and her employer would have been decimated by lawsuits/criminal charges. They should at least be haunted by the ghost of that poor personal assistant (there's a movie right there :lol:). What a horrible death. Having said that, I do recognize that this is a dinosaur movie after all. It's the perfect, mindless summer flick.

Edited by IndiannaRose

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

No real reason. Just an assumption based on the trend of how trailers are made lately.

Why would Claire care about dinosaurs enough to go back to the island? She almost died. Many people died. One scene where she feels kinda bad for dinosaurs in the last movie does not equate to "I should go back to death island and save the dangerous animals that killed my employees and almost killed me and my family!"

Why would Jurassic Park/World be built on an island with an active volcano (that was never referenced in the film series)? If the volcano was going to erupt and had the chance to, wouldn't it be asinine to have a functioning theme park only a few years prior on the site?

Why does the CGI still look like crap?

I'll see it because dinosaurs and Jeff Goldblum, but this is so far away from what the original film was (on that note, so were all the sequels but this looks even more dumb). Looks closer to Fast and the Furious to the original Jurassic park

:shrugs:

3 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

It's the perfect, mindless summer flick.

Still sad that that is what the series is now. I get it, how many poignant movies can you make about dinosaurs eating people?

The original was not a mindless summer flick, though. Its legit one of the most important modern movies of all time

The scene I mentioned was the beginning of her starting to care and realize they are more than just money making life forms.

As for the logic of going back to the island, that's just splitting hairs as far as I'm concerned. Not many Hollywood sequels out there that don't have questionable motives, so no point in addressing that.

re: volcano - who knows. Either they had no idea it had a possibility to erupt, or just a poor look over.

Not to sound like an asshole, but it sounds like you're just trying to pick out any and every thing you can about the movie we've seen 2 minutes of footage from :lol:

This movie looks like a totally different tone than Jurassic World, which is what people cried for after World (despite most people enjoying it).

Again, to each their own, I suppose.

• Like 1

The unsung heroes of this film are already the volcanologists who maintained and operated a network of instruments on an abandoned island populated by dinosaurs sufficiently well that they were able to detect an eruption with a high enough confidence margin and sufficiently far in advance to plan and mount a rescue operation.

Having said that, Isla Nublar was always supposed to be volcanic. There was fumarolic activity in the first book, the raptors used the geothermal areas to construct a nest once they'd escaped.

• Like 2

I got my ET weekly magazine today and the storyline of this movie is Dallas Howard's character wants to get the dinosaurs off that island (why and where would they go) and she calls on Chris Pratt's character to help her. Jeff Goldblum makes an appearance in this movie, over 20 years after the original movies. Cool. I like JB.

Guess we'll see how it goes.:wow:

On December 8, 2017 at 6:17 PM, Black Sabbath said:

The scene I mentioned was the beginning of her starting to care and realize they are more than just money making life forms.

As for the logic of going back to the island, that's just splitting hairs as far as I'm concerned. Not many Hollywood sequels out there that don't have questionable motives, so no point in addressing that.

re: volcano - who knows. Either they had no idea it had a possibility to erupt, or just a poor look over.

Not to sound like an asshole, but it sounds like you're just trying to pick out any and every thing you can about the movie we've seen 2 minutes of footage from :lol:

This movie looks like a totally different tone than Jurassic World, which is what people cried for after World (despite most people enjoying it).

Again, to each their own, I suppose.

Hey man, I hope you like the film for sure! I just think it looks really bad, and it looks like Jurassic World with a splash of Transformers. Not good imo. I can suspend my disbelief for certain things, but sometimes it becomes too much.