Adler Playing YCBM

Euchre

So I was listening to the youtube clip of Adler playing YCBM at the Roxy because well its the only live clip of Adler playing the song & I think its awesome. At the end youtube follows on with the next video and I'm listening to YCBM again, but completely different. Turns out its a show where Izzy comes out with the band which is kind of cool so I keep listening. Anyway, I couldn't believe how different the two versions were. The Adler clip reminds me more of the original Guns vibe....yet needless to say crowd is a lot smaller. I couldn't really get into the London version the same way. Made me wish they could somehow get past it all and get the OG 5 back and just make it the best band possible.....keen to hear what others think of the contrast.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Seems like a really long winded way to get people to listen to a GNR tribute band and say they have a "GNR vibe" 

I think that's a pretty cynical response. I think the versions sound quite different and I think the difference in interpretations is interesting, and would like to know others views. I don't think either sounds the way it would have if we ever heard a version of the original band playing it, which I assume they must of at some point. But hearing the original drum line side by side with the modern take to me highlights the contrast, and to me the feel is really different.

• 3 weeks later...