• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gimme a half hour, pretty sure I could make an essay on this post 

the tanker level in MGS2 must be my favorite gaming moment of all time

the anticipation, the trailers, the playable demo, the atmosphere, the enemy AI, the swat team "searching" mechanic, the graphics...

i lived this game, dreamed about it. looked up everything about it. it ended up being far too short, but nonetheless.

• GNFNR 1

The atmosphere of GTA IV caught me instantly and struck me more than any video game I may have ever played. I never felt so much like a character before exploring the town of Liberty City as Nico Bellic. I know people dislike IV and prefer V but I’ve always enjoyed IV more for the atmosphere and story. Some of the things in that game and choices you have to make changing the story made me legitimately feel emotions and had me considering each and every option. Amazing adventure from start to finish.

I’m sure I could write an essay more but in more recent times that’s the one that comes to mind.

• GNFNR 1
45 minutes ago, Sosso said:

The whole vibe of GTA: Vice City. This will always be my favourite game ever

Agreed! I would fucking love it if they bring back Vice City and that vibe for GTA 6.

• GNFNR 1
1 hour ago, action said:

the tanker level in MGS2 must be my favorite gaming moment of all time

the anticipation, the trailers, the playable demo, the atmosphere, the enemy AI, the swat team "searching" mechanic, the graphics...

i lived this game, dreamed about it. looked up everything about it. it ended up being far too short, but nonetheless.

Don't hate me but I still haven't played that. Only played MGS5 and I didn't even finish it...:facepalm: I did like it though. MGS3 was great too.

• GNFNR 1
8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Don't hate me but I still haven't played that. Only played MGS5 and I didn't even finish it...:facepalm: I did like it though. MGS3 was great too.

i don't hate you. i envy you. you can still experience them for the first time.

me and my brother were always harrassing the guards. shooting pots and pans in their vicinity to make them investigate. they would go "mmm, nothing here. must be my imagination" and we would just crack up, everytime. good times :lol:

Edited by action
  • GNFNR 1
9 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Not really an in-game moment, but going to a friends house and playing Grand Theft Auto III for the first time.

Just blown away within the first 10 seconds.

i can totally relate. "you don't mean to tell me, i can go anywhere from here, and drive any car i see, including the porche behind the glass window?"

4 hours ago, action said:

man, that's one of my top 5 game i would beg to port over to the switch. my favorite rockstar game by far

Yeah I fucking love RDR. What are the other 4? I really want Dark Souls, the BioShock Collection and GTA V.

I played Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach A LOT with friends. So many great moments. I hate what the series has become. :(

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • GNFNR 1

The final mission on MW3 where you have to fight through the hotel and kill Makarov. I played through all 3 Modern Warefare games and it gives me a justice boner every time I play this mission. It's really badass when Captain Price says "this is for Soap" and then you bust out and send Makarov's army to the seventh circle of hell

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Oh man, great thread and I'm going to forget a bunch in this post and probably come back and edit 90 times.

Here's what I can think of for now:

KoToR: becoming a Jedi on Dantooine AND the ending (when you find out the truth)

The Witcher III: first time entering Crookback Bog

Assassin's Creed: all of the ending scenes with the Isu

SWG: Completing my Mandalorian Armor set

FFX: Intro cinematic with Sin destroying Zanarkand

FF I - VI: when you finally get the airship and can explore the map unrestricted

FF generally: finding who Cid is each game, seeing how they change the mechanics, etc.

Golden Sun II: Finding out the dragon you just killed was actually your parents

Dishonored II: everything

• GNFNR 1
2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Gibson_Guy87 I'm very much over CoD and have been for quite a while. But now that you mention it the campaigns actually do have a lot of great moments like in CoD 4 when the ghilli suit sniper stands up out of the grass.

I forgot about it for a while as well. That sniper level in COD4 was one of the most frustrating levels for me 

On an unrelated note, has anyone here played The Last of Us? It's one of my favorite games and probably the only game where I felt emotionally connected to the characters  

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • GNFNR 1

I have soooooo many, but the one that is something that might actually impress the casual video gamer is that I was one of the first people in North America to pass Zelda II the Adventures of Link!  

I know I was, because I passed it before it was released!  Got a copy from Japan, there was no modded system needed back in those days, the trick was the cartridge.  All you had to do to play the Japanese version in a NA console was take it out of it's case and put it in an American Cartridge case.  My friends Dad was in Japan a LOT for business, that was how we got it.   

• GNFNR 2
On 12/12/2017 at 12:44 PM, LightningBolt said:

I could post like half of The Thousand-Year Door, but I always loved the dialogue of these crows.

Ooooh good fucking pick. The final boss and chapter of that game is one of all time best gaming memories. Excellent game from start to finish, you made me want to play it again lol

• GNFNR 1

On a less relevant "to everyone" note, one of my favorite memories was back in the days of Madden on the Genesis, my friends and I played all the time and I usually won.  Everyone in school talked about Madden, and some kids from across the town where the larger section of the school population came from also played a lot.  Long story short, we begged out way into a tourney that was a $20 buy in.  I won the whole thing, it was like $300, that was a fortune as a high school kid.  I also won an authentic Dan Marino Jersey on a side bet.

I talked epic amounts of shit that night, and got sucker punched in the final match.  I was up like 35 -0 and had a breakaway, holding the controller up with one hand and looking at the kid that was supposed to be "the best in the world" and I said "How does it feel that I can score on you without looking at the screen?"  When I turned back to pick the extra point, I just saw a big flash when he popped me.  It hurt like hell, but I couldn't stop laughing.

• GNFNR 1