M. Shadows Briefly Mentions GNR In a New Interview

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

I agree but many people first heared GN'R version and the learn was dylan song,it's rare to like a cover more than the original song,but i think the original just lack of energy and that energy GNR gave to that famous song.

Agree.

It's hard to even compare the two since they've become 2 very different songs almost.

The Dylan version is more calm soulful, and depressing. The GnR version is much more modern and upbeat and there's a lot more going on.

Bob Dylan is a great song writer... but I've never been a huge fan of him vocally. I much prefer the GnR version.

I saw " BOB DYLAN and his band" in 2008 and it was the worst concert I've ever been to.. they played a bunch of shitty country music none of us knew except they ended with Like a Rolling Stone.. he was horrible.  Made the album version sound lile Elton john. And he didn't even touch a fucking guitar.. synth the whole show

2 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

I saw " BOB DYLAN and his band" in 2008 and it was the worst concert I've ever been to.. they played a bunch of shitty country music none of us knew except they ended with Like a Rolling Stone.. he was horrible.  Made the album version sound lile Elton john. And he didn't even touch a fucking guitar.. synth the whole show

I think he's extremely over hyped/rated too.

51 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I think he's extremely over hyped/rated too.

I think he's a horrible performer. I also saw him live in 2008, and it was one of the most horrifying concerts I've been to. He's a legendary lyricist/songwriter, but as far as his performances go...yikes.

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

It really goes to show how far an interpretation of the same three chords can go, with a signature/original performance and production that gives it a new life. 

The original will always be left eating dust. 

Same exact story for LALD. 

The Illusions version actually took the liberty to change a chord.  NuGuns went back to original chording.  Or as George Harrison would say:

Paul Cashmere: Have you heard Guns ‘n’ Roses “Knocking on Heaven’s Door”?

George Harrison: Yeah, didn’t even get the chords right, did they?

Paul Cashmere: So I take it you’re not a big fan of that one, then?

George Harrison: There’s only three chords in it, but they managed to get one of them wrong. (Laughs)

http://www.noise11.com/news/remembering-george-harrison-on-the-12th-anniversary-on-his-passing-20131129

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm a big Dylan fan - I've seen him three times - so can only read some of the posts here with thorough disdain. 

I saw him once, cant understand the fuck these people here r talkin bout, he does what he does, what were they expecting? Jagger?

They probably didnt know what they were buying. 

Edited by default_

59 minutes ago, soon said:

The Illusions version actually took the liberty to change a chord.  NuGuns went back to original chording.  Or as George Harrison would say:

Paul Cashmere: Have you heard Guns ‘n’ Roses “Knocking on Heaven’s Door”?

George Harrison: Yeah, didn’t even get the chords right, did they?

Paul Cashmere: So I take it you’re not a big fan of that one, then?

George Harrison: There’s only three chords in it, but they managed to get one of them wrong. (Laughs)

http://www.noise11.com/news/remembering-george-harrison-on-the-12th-anniversary-on-his-passing-20131129

I think the original is G, D, am. Guns do G, D, Cmaj

Relative major