Noel Gallagher Takes a Swipe at the GNR Reunion

3 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

In the UK, an Oasis reunion would definitely be a bigger deal than GN'R. Worldwide, obviously not.

Yeah absolutely, but I'm sure he was referring to NITLT which is a WORLD TOUR, not a domestic one. If that were so, we might consider that in the USA a GNR tour would be bigger than an Oasis one, all countries have their artists that are able to fullfill stadiums, but that's not the point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Kate Bush could easily sell Wembley Stadium out, but she'd never play a venue that big.

Yes. Because unlike some deluded people she knows she would never get 80,000 people to see 1 concert of hers at the same time.

Edited by PatrickS77

Firstly. The reason Manchester were clamouring for oasis is, they are from Manchester. That's pretty obvious. 

Secondly, Noel definitely hates red, because he's a man city fan! That's pretty obvious 😂

Oasis were huge in the UK, they were on a par with say how cold play were in terms of popularity over there! Or Robbie Williams, other than the Beatles or stones which is a different generation altogether, it doesn't get much bigger (in the UK)

I think anyone throwing shit at Noel for the comments probably don't know what he's like. He's not got a lot of fucks to give about anything and says what he says. 

I won't lie, I liked Oasis at the time, they were big down here in Australia too, but as an 18 year old around 97, there was lots of music that was blowing up down here and always something new to see or follow at the time, looking back I'm not ashamed to say I liked them at the time, there's plenty of stuff from my late teens I liked that I am ashamed of though 😜

Edited by Tadsy

11 hours ago, EvanG said:

Are you kidding me? I've never been on a band's forum where people are so negative about the band. You should visit some other band's forum, their fans worship the shit out of the band, while the people here are often criticizing GnR, and rightfully so, but it's not like people here are positive about everything GnR related.

Moot point.

Post is still 100% accurate.

11 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Moot point.

Post is still 100% accurate.

You mean your post? Of course there are exceptions, there are fanboys on here too who don't take kindly to criticism on GnR. But when I compare other forums that I read, I do notice there's hardly any criticism there, while the people here are most of the time very negative about Axl, the reunion and the lack of music. And again, that's all fair criticism most of the time, but don't make it seem that most people here can't stand criticism on GnR.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not from the UK, but I think a Smiths reunion would be equally huge as an Oasis one.

The Smiths would be pretty big for sure but not on the same scale as Oasis imo. They could probably headline a festival but selling out multiple stadiums? I'd be very doubtful. I don't think they could pull a crowd like The Stone Roses can for example.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Cocteau Twins

:lol:

The Stones, Led Zep and Pink Floyd would rival Oasis, not much else would.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

You mean your post? Of course there are exceptions, there are fanboys on here too who don't take kindly to criticism on GnR. But when I compare other forums that I read, I do notice there's hardly any criticism there, while the people here are most of the time very negative about Axl, the reunion and the lack of music. And again, that's all fair criticism most of the time, but don't make it seem that most people here can't stand criticism on GnR.

Oh you'd love the official Queen board or IORNR (which I use for Stones bootlegs incidentally). The former complain all the time about May/Taylor ripping off the fans through conceptually flawed and expensive releases as well as the Lambert thing, the latter complain about stodgy Stones setlists (similar to here). 

See for yourself.

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

No, your post.

I am in no way implying that people here can’t stand criticism of GnR, you are trying to state my post implied that when it didn’t. Just because this place endlessly bitches about the same GnR related issues over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, does not mean that they won’t unite and turn on any outsider who takes a dig at the band or unite in a bit of a giz fest over someone who compliments GnR. It is a fairy obvious trend that some of the sharper posters have noticed and saw the humour intended in the post. 

You are taking this way too seriously.

It is a fair summation of the overall reaction on the board when someone’s opinion, good or bad, is posted about Axl or the band. Continuing to repeat your inaccurate interpretation of my post won’t change that. 

56 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

No, your post.

I am in no way implying that people here can’t stand criticism of GnR, you are trying to state my post implied that when it didn’t. Just because this place endlessly bitches about the same GnR related issues over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, does not mean that they won’t unite and turn on any outsider who takes a dig at the band or unite in a bit of a giz fest over someone who compliments GnR. It is a fairy obvious trend that some of the sharper posters have noticed and saw the humour intended in the post. 

You are taking this way too seriously.

It is a fair summation of the overall reaction on the board when someone’s opinion, good or bad, is posted about Axl or the band. Continuing to repeat your inaccurate interpretation of my post won’t change that. 

How am I taking this too seriously? I was just saying, compared to many other band forums that I read, where I hardly ever find any objectivity or criticism, I do find many posters here who are often very objective and critical, therefore I didn't find your post to be very accurate, but whatever... maybe other forums where you post it's a lot different. I get that it took you a lot of time to make that semi-funny post and that you're proud of it, I wasn't trying to take anything away from you. 

Edited by EvanG

This very thread shows that not all GnR fans "unite" against another musician who takes a (real or not) dig at Axl/the band. I think the people's reaction in each case has mostly to do with whether they already like the other musician or not. In this case, the people who got upset are mostly people who don't like Oasis or don't know much about them and say "who the fuck Noel thinks he is" etc. People who like Oasis/Noel didn't mind. Some of the same people who didn't get upset over this may react differently when someone whom they don't like talks negatively about the band; and vice versa.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This very thread shows that not all GnR fans "unite" against another musician who takes a (real or not) dig at Axl/the band. I think the people's reaction in each case has mostly to do with whether they already like the other musician or not. In this case, the people who got upset are mostly people who don't like Oasis or don't know much about them and say "who the fuck Noel thinks he is" etc. People who like Oasis/Noel didn't mind. Some of the same people who didn't get upset over this may react differently when someone whom they don't like talks negatively about the band; and vice versa.

Let's hope Beiber says something bad then we will be a united forum....for a few hours

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personally, I'm a bigger gnr fan than Oasis fan, and it's hard to rate music as it's subjective.  However, it's hard to deny the fact that Neol has single-handedly written alot of great singles, and IMO, probably even more so than Gnr.  And, no, I will not see Oasis if they reformed but quite happily travelled around the world to see Gnr many times. 

Edited by jimisbatman