Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits Album Sales Surpass 6 million in the US

2 hours ago, sidman69 said:

According to Billboard the album just surpassed 6 million in sales in the US. I wonder how much in royalties they got from the album Slash, Duff and Axl tried to stop from coming out. 

Not even close to what they each made off of the tour.  Maybe $1 per album split between them...probably less. 

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Not even close to what they each made off of the tour.  Maybe $1 per album split between them...probably less. 

Something around U$$2,75 on iTunes. But yep! Not even close to the money from the current tour. 

4 hours ago, sidman69 said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8092845/billboard-200-chart-moves-nat-king-cole-gene-autry

According to Billboard the album just surpassed 6 million in sales in the US. I wonder how much in royalties they got from the album Slash, Duff and Axl tried to stop from coming out. 

I don't think it's too much. There are a many covers on that album

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That would still be 2 millions dollars each.

Yeah it's probably less than that.  And considering they probably made in excess of $50 million each from the tour....the $2 mil wouldn't even come close to even covering their tax bill....lol.

Edited by Kasanova King

12 hours ago, sidman69 said:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8092845/billboard-200-chart-moves-nat-king-cole-gene-autry

That's six million since the 2004(?) release, not in the last year. Also, Slash, Duff, Axl and co wanted to stop the release because it was a poor package, they all love making money (as we all do), that was not the issue. Kinda beside the point that it became so successful, but I know what you're getting at.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

In the case of this particular album no release would be better than what ended up on the album. 

You would have never known you didn't like it if you never heard it. You don't have to listen to it so it doesn't affect you. Lots of people like it so....back off bitch :lol:

When people bash the album and track listing and lack of content do you take into consideration that the big three didn't even want it released? And it's very possible the label picked everything including the cover art.. It is pretty clear this album was released for politics going on behind the scenes, not a group effort from a band. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

When people bash the album and track listing and lack of content do you take into consideration that the big three didn't even want it released? And it's very possible the label picked everything including the cover art.. It is pretty clear this album was released for politics going on behind the scenes, not a group effort from a band. 

what's your point?

• 1 month later...
On 19. 1. 2018 at 4:01 AM, gnfnrs1972 said:

You would have never known you didn't like it if you never heard it. You don't have to listen to it so it doesn't affect you. Lots of people like it so....back off bitch :lol:

No, it doesn't affect me. But it does represent my favourite band the wrong way. So in my opinion the album shouldn't have been released.

The band had nothing to do with it anyway. It's a travesty. And the casual listeners ate it up because it's the only Guns studio compilation out there. 

I don't think any of the songs are bad, I like all of them, but three of them are not greatest hits material. It paints the wrong picture. It's a farce.

22 minutes ago, tremolo said:

They got it all wrong.

NIN owed their label a greatest hits album (and I think they still do), but TR didn’t give a shit about it. When it was about to happen, TR released 3 compilation albums online for free on torrent sites (singles, deep cuts, quiet tracks, IIRC) and that stopped the label from releasing it.

I guess the lesson is where there is a will, there is a way.

But when both sides had thier own new bands to deal with it makes sense for them not really wanting to promote material from the 80s and 90s.

• Like 1