Gardening

Gracii Guns

Got the link an hour before time.  You got it?

Storming here.  I lost power for a minute.  Had just pushed the lawn mower in the garage as the drops started to fall.  You know my gardening cry, we've got cloud cover!

Did you hear about these mysterious seeds people are getting in the mail?

Edited by cineater

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

Got the link an hour before time.  You got it?

Storming here.  I lost power for a minute.  Had just pushed the lawn mower in the garage as the drops started to fall.  You know my gardening cry, we've got cloud cover!

Did you hear about these mysterious seeds people are getting in the mail?

I just tried your link and it wouldnt work (says its unique to the person and cant be shared). I still havent gotten one :( 

I wonder if Ive been busted for sitting in on a region specific talk?

I didnt hear about those seeds, no?? Sounds bonkers! Maybe thats where my bush beans went :lol:

1 minute ago, cineater said:

That sucks.  She said these are being recorded and can be found on their site.  Might have went to your spam box.

The seeds are coming in from overseas and nobody knows what they are.  They are just showing up in mailboxes.

I hope youre enjoying it though? Ill have to watch the vid after.

Weird about those seeds. I think your not allowed to mail seeds like that with out clearances. Too bad that so many are making it through screening. Meanwhile sometimes it takes all sorts of paperwork for me to order seeds internationally!

1 hour ago, soon said:

They don’t really say what it is though! Lol “Jerry Day is a civic and cultural event... now give us your money” :lol:

I don't know that he would like that. :lol:  Never know how they will use you when you're gone.

Sod is in.  Now to landscape the front of the house.  Caleb's buddy is a landscaper.  His 'signature style' is a tiering of the bed, different levels.  He uses a lot of rock for mulch which I hate but it's a formal landscape design for the front of the house.  He does want to use natives.  I'm off to dig up some black eyed susan for them.  If he gets me the list of plants I can look around for what we have, check with friends or if they will hold off I can grown them.

Filled out my rebate for the tankless water heater.  They give you one of those visa debit cards.  Those are a pain in the ass.  Just give me a check.

4 hours ago, cineater said:

I don't know that he would like that. :lol:  Never know how they will use you when you're gone.

Sod is in.  Now to landscape the front of the house.  Caleb's buddy is a landscaper.  His 'signature style' is a tiering of the bed, different levels.  He uses a lot of rock for mulch which I hate but it's a formal landscape design for the front of the house.  He does want to use natives.  I'm off to dig up some black eyed susan for them.  If he gets me the list of plants I can look around for what we have, check with friends or if they will hold off I can grown them.

Filled out my rebate for the tankless water heater.  They give you one of those visa debit cards.  Those are a pain in the ass.  Just give me a check.

Hopefully it will be cool, whatever it is! I assume we might see some of his peers play his music? 

Im so happy that the sod worked out! And thats great that they'll use natives! As long as that happens, Im happy with whatever designs make people happy. 

Its cool you get a rebate - why makes the visa debit a pain?

Im on episode 4 now and really enjoy this show. Keirti was a unique lass, lol. She just wouldnt stop building her illegal home!! Alpacas are the cutest!! He's already on about a mans health in this one. I note he didnt ask the mother of a two year old "but what if you have more children and cant help as much on the farm?" Out of all the things that city slickers with cash havent thought through about farming, Im sure that something they are experienced dealing with every day of their lives like a health issue, isnt one of them.

Im loving all the characters in the show too. Like this guy who really wants to build a big barn. Monty's like "I dont think you need to worry about the barn. You cant afford it, just get the farm up and running first." Dude standing in empty field with no farming operation to speak of - "I have to cut you off their because the barn is a big part of the dream." :lol:

It rather like the tv show Bar Rescue! lol

Edit: I called it about T's pregnancy! 

Edited by soon

4 hours ago, soon said:

Hopefully it will be cool, whatever it is! I assume we might see some of his peers play his music? 

Im so happy that the sod worked out! And thats great that they'll use natives! As long as that happens, Im happy with whatever designs make people happy. 

Its cool you get a rebate - why makes the visa debit a pain?

Im on episode 4 now and really enjoy this show. Keirti was a unique lass, lol. She just wouldnt stop building her illegal home!! Alpacas are the cutest!! He's already on about a mans health in this one. I note he didnt ask the mother of a two year old "but what if you have more children and cant help as much on the farm?" Out of all the things that city slickers with cash havent thought through about farming, Im sure that something they are experienced dealing with every day of their lives like a health issue, isnt one of them.

Im loving all the characters in the show too. Like this guy who really wants to build a big barn. Monty's like "I dont think you need to worry about the barn. You cant afford it, just get the farm up and running first." Dude standing in empty field with no farming operation to speak of - "I have to cut you off their because the barn is a big part of the dream." :lol:

It rather like the tv show Bar Rescue! lol

Edit: I called it about T's pregnancy! 

Let me catch up on the show today.  Farming is all about reproducing. :lol:  Monty must have his own health concerns if he's focused in on that with people.  That guy on Bar Rescue scares me. :lol:

Those VISA debits don't always work at every place and some places won't let you use that last little bit you have on the card in addition to paying another way.  And you have to keep track of the card and the balance and another pin.

I ended up just weeding at the garden and cutting back some stuff.  It misted on me the whole time.  Looked around for plants I could dig up or divide but I really need to know what they want.  Raided the blackberries for my breakfast.

20 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So my plant ain’t dead yet but it’s taking its fecking time to bloom! :lol: 

fS8tPle.jpg 

I'm not getting many blooms on mine either.  Tomatoes seem to be late this year.

Screw you Monty. :lol:  She doesn't meet his idea of a farmer.  She's a rancher.  I don't know what he was going on about with the connection to the land.  She did come off as kind of a bitch.  I would have taken my bitch and tracked down the person who left me that note. :lol:  We're going to work this out now.  She should have followed the regs about building on her land but who would have thought you couldn't put up a modest home.  Alpacas are really skinny without their coats. 

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Let me catch up on the show today.  Farming is all about reproducing. :lol:  Monty must have his own health concerns if he's focused in on that with people.  That guy on Bar Rescue scares me. :lol:

Those VISA debits don't always work at every place and some places won't let you use that last little bit you have on the card in addition to paying another way.  And you have to keep track of the card and the balance and another pin.

I ended up just weeding at the garden and cutting back some stuff.  It misted on me the whole time.  Looked around for plants I could dig up or divide but I really need to know what they want.  Raided the blackberries for my breakfast.

I wont give spoilers, I figured I was behind you, sorry for earlier spoilers. That bar rescue guy is out of his f'n mind! :lol:

We got a proper rain storm. I got drenched. :lol: I think they are wax beans :( 

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

Screw you Monty. :lol:  She doesn't meet his idea of a farmer.  She's a rancher.  I don't know what he was going on about with the connection to the land.  She did come off as kind of a bitch.  I would have taken my bitch and tracked down the person who left me that note. :lol:  We're going to work this out now.  She should have followed the regs about building on her land but who would have thought you couldn't put up a modest home.  Alpacas are really skinny without their coats. 

Haha, Monty had to walk a fine line with her - he was likely afraid! :lol: I know, that note!! England seems bonkers to me! :lol:

She didnt even shear the alpacas herself, though :facepalm::lol: But yeah a lot of this is about Monty's very limited understanding of who can be a farmer.

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

So my plant ain’t dead yet but it’s taking its fecking time to bloom! :lol: 

fS8tPle.jpg 

Look at it go!!

Im gonna have to play a little knifey-spooney with you. That is not a "huge bucket!" :lol:

Though at that height we would expect many varietals to be blooming, it might be just as good since the branches might not be strong enough to hold the weight of a larger fruit. (but I dont know the varietal, so thats a general statement)

Its still my opinion that it needs a bigger container. But what happens is that at different stages of a tomato plants life they focus their energy to different parts. When young they focus their energy to developing roots. Then shooting up. Then they focus their energy on blooming and fruiting. I think your guy has already focused its energy above ground. If thats the case, its maybe too late to up-pot again. I could be wrong though.

Take this with a grain of salt, but if I were you in this position I would get some full spectrum lights on it and fertilize it with an organic fertilizer. Perhaps you've already fertilized. The leaves look genuinely happy!

I guess if they are wax beans you will be in search of new tasty recipes.

That's right, she didn't shear her own alpaca.  And she did buy those sheep probably with her parents money.  And her parents did indicate she hadn't committed to anything yet.  Monty probably sized her up right.

How's Beaker?  You haven't said anything about him lately.

nugs tv had a free webcast of Bobby and the Wolf Bros last night at midnight I caught.  "Dreams are a lie, dreaming is real."  There's your answer. :lol:  They were followed by the Avett Brothers.  Never heard of them but they were good.

Edited by cineater

Saw a squirrel fall out of a tree. :lol:  Guess he took the wrong branch.  Heard him hit the ground with a thump.  He immediately ran to another tree and climbed half way up like that didn't just happen.  Yeah I saw that.  You fucked up.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, cineater said:

I guess if they are wax beans you will be in search of new tasty recipes.

That's right, she didn't shear her own alpaca.  And she did buy those sheep probably with her parents money.  And her parents did indicate she hadn't committed to anything yet.  Monty probably sized her up right.

How's Beaker?  You haven't said anything about him lately.

nugs tv had a free webcast of Bobby and the Wolf Bros last night at midnight I caught.  "Dreams are a lie, dreaming is real."  There's your answer. :lol:  They were followed by the Avett Brothers.  Never heard of them but they were good.

Oh sounds like a cool show! I am digging g Wolf Bros! Glad we got to the bottom of the whole dream thing :lol:

I finished the series last night. I enjoyed that.

Beaker is super cuddly and squeaks lots :lol: He starts morning calling me too early though and he's persistent. Eventually he hops up behind my head and taps the base of my neck with his paw. If that doesnt work he'll eventually snuggle his head on mine. He's always asking for food and is a bit chubby so I stick to the proper schedule. But he asks so much that Im monitoring for any signs of worms. He sleeps all after noon too. He's never sat on my lap until for like 2 seconds the other day. 

How are the girls?

He had you all winter and now you've been going out and gone for long periods of time.  Maybe he's sitting on your lap to keep you home.  Good idea about looking for worms.  You don't have all your growing going on at home maybe he's bored and not getting enough exercise.  Girls are okay but I'm a little worried about psycho bitch.  She has gone off before about my cats coming in her yard.  

I have one more show to go.  The flower girls were interesting but of course Marsha called in the middle of that.  I liked the tip about put your compost down before it rains and let nature work it into the soil.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

He had you all winter and now you've been going out and gone for long periods of time.  Maybe he's sitting on your lap to keep you home.  Good idea about looking for worms.  You don't have all your growing going on at home maybe he's bored and not getting enough exercise.  Girls are okay but I'm a little worried about psycho bitch.  She has gone off before about my cats coming in her yard.  

I have one more show to go.  The flower girls were interesting but of course Marsha called in the middle of that.  I liked the tip about put your compost down before it rains and let nature work it into the soil.

I bet you’re right about him being so used to having me to himself all day! Poor guy! Oddly, he doesn’t spend full nights in bed with me lately though.

I really hope your neighbour doesn’t do anything foolish. Or that lily eats her face off. Either way :lol:

That tip stood out to me too. I think it’s a Charles dowdibg thing maybe. He clears lawn by putting compost down on the fall. And then every season there after. It’s part of his no dig method and like your no till method prevents weeds!:headbang:

My garden kinda sorta looks nice today. The borage is finally coming in. It’s August borage - where you been?? :lol:

I was going to switch putting chemical nitrogen down on the green path to putting compost down.  I was at the garden today digging up and dividing plants.  The only one out there in my raincoat and rain boots. :lol:  I've noticed too the plants are off.  Things are blooming sooner but the really full sun, dry plants haven't really started showing.

My cats don't sleep with me in the summer either.  Not sure they sleep at night.  They like to look out the windows and see what's going on out there.

It's The Days Between.  Jerry's birthday until his death day.  The first through the 9th.  There will be lots going on.  I don't pay too much attention to it.  Just a reminder the Dead are gone.  Watching all these webcasts this year has brought them back to life.  Seems a sadder event this year if you know what I mean.

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I was going to switch putting chemical nitrogen down on the green path to putting compost down.  I was at the garden today digging up and dividing plants.  The only one out there in my raincoat and rain boots. :lol:  I've noticed too the plants are off.  Things are blooming sooner but the really full sun, dry plants haven't really started showing.

My cats don't sleep with me in the summer either.  Not sure they sleep at night.  They like to look out the windows and see what's going on out there.

It's The Days Between.  Jerry's birthday until his death day.  The first through the 9th.  There will be lots going on.  I don't pay too much attention to it.  Just a reminder the Dead are gone.  Watching all these webcasts this year has brought them back to life.  Seems a sadder event this year if you know what I mean.

Yeah, you often use leaf mulch for that I think, too, right? Very cool. Youre the only true baddass out there in the rain :headbang:

Hes in his bed (on my bed) for at least part of his morning calling. When I glance at him, because he's meowing at me, he's sitting there staring at me in the most engaged way. He looks like such a muppet! :lol:

You've now introduced me to yet another Dead tradition. Heavy. Also the track of the same name... heard that for the first time a fw months ago. Fuck me. Its almost like the Dead lull you into a false sense of security and then they lay this earth shattering pain on you. I definitely feel like the Dead are a living entity beach of the webcasts. Thats exactly how Im experiencing them.