Gardening

Gracii Guns

Or it could be me. :lol:  I missed that we had went to another page so you probably didn't see this:

I sent Leslie an email asking for a meeting about everybody thinking her construction is not safe.  Done messing around. 

Spying on the kids.  Caleb took Karen on a special date tonight.  Looks like he took her downtown to the new ferris wheel. 

19 minutes ago, cineater said:

I came in from nugstv.  They must have had the wrong link and fixed it.  Space cases.

The dead have always had this following that just quietly goes about loving this band.  Don't care if the rest of the world shows ups or likes it.  Don't have to sell it to us just get the words out and we're there.  What's happening with them spreads by word of mouth.

Ahhh Nugs they done me wrong before too! Hippies! :lol:

I dunno, I rave about the band. Whats quiet is most peoples non-response. :lol:

15 minutes ago, cineater said:

Or it could be me. :lol:  I missed that we had went to another page so you probably didn't see this:

I sent Leslie an email asking for a meeting about everybody thinking her construction is not safe.  Done messing around. 

Spying on the kids.  Caleb took Karen on a special date tonight.  Looks like he took her downtown to the new ferris wheel. 

Hows Leslie gonna take it, do you figure?

Aww, thats sweet of him. I hope they remember that Mom is Facebook staling them when they post more pics :lol:

Whats the new ferris wheel all about? A new attraction? Can you see the Arch from it?

EDIT: Mayers' Rio Grandeo solo was pretty f'n tight!

Edited by soon

Not sure how she's going to take it.  She knows it's an issue but has been ignoring what everyone says and just going about doing what she wants.

I've got Karen on find friends so she can locate me if I'm not responding.  Gives us the ability to see where our phones are.  She told me about the "special date".  I didn't want to text her during the date so I clicked on find friends.  They haven't posted anything on facebook yet.

They slipped that ferris wheel in on me.  It was up and running before I knew it was planned.  It's several blocks down from the arch.  If I'm thinking of the right street you can look up the street to the arch.  Can definitely see it from the wheel.

$35 for a puzzle I'm not paying that but I thought this was cool. 

XaCkL-ZYDEC102503.jpg?w=640&h=640

9 minutes ago, cineater said:

Not sure how she's going to take it.  She knows it's an issue but has been ignoring what everyone says and just going about doing what she wants.

I've got Karen on find friends so she can locate me if I'm not responding.  Gives us the ability to see where our phones are.  She told me about the "special date".  I didn't want to text her during the date so I clicked on find friends.  They haven't posted anything on facebook yet.

They slipped that ferris wheel in on me.  It was up and running before I knew it was planned.  It's several blocks down from the arch.  If I'm thinking of the right street you can look up the street to the arch.  Can definitely see it from the wheel.

$35 for a puzzle I'm not paying that but I thought this was cool. 

XaCkL-ZYDEC102503.jpg?w=640&h=640

Was that poster released before or after the show? I ask because it would be cool for all the postponed shows - you could hang with the bubble friends who are going to the show too, or own ones own, and have a tangible way to hold on to that future concert. Help with the wait. Chat about how cool its gonna be while you do the puzzle.

Yeah, was just using "Facebook stalking" as a term for any reasonable e monitoring :) 

Sounds like a nice view from the wheel. Why are they called "Ferris" I wonder? 

Intermission.

It says 2017.  Must have been a poster for the show.

Google has all the answers:

Somers was granted a patent for his ride, which he called a “Roundabout.” Sometime between the installation of the rides in 1892 and the middle of 1893, a soon-to-be-famous man sat on the wheel in Atlantic City. His name was George Washington Gale Ferris, Jr.

Ferris had been drawn to Chicago a few years before. It had been announced that the World’s Columbian Exposition would be held there in 1893, and the exposition’s organizers challenged American engineers to come up with a structure for the fair that would be even better than the Eiffel Tower, which had been featured at the Paris International Exposition in 1889. They requested something “daring, original, and unique” to act as a monument at the fair.

A graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute who got his start in the railroad industry before moving on to bridge building, Ferris was up for a challenge. 

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

It says 2017.  Must have been a poster for the show.

Google has all the answers:

Somers was granted a patent for his ride, which he called a “Roundabout.” Sometime between the installation of the rides in 1892 and the middle of 1893, a soon-to-be-famous man sat on the wheel in Atlantic City. His name was George Washington Gale Ferris, Jr.

Ferris had been drawn to Chicago a few years before. It had been announced that the World’s Columbian Exposition would be held there in 1893, and the exposition’s organizers challenged American engineers to come up with a structure for the fair that would be even better than the Eiffel Tower, which had been featured at the Paris International Exposition in 1889. They requested something “daring, original, and unique” to act as a monument at the fair.

A graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute who got his start in the railroad industry before moving on to bridge building, Ferris was up for a challenge. 

Neat, thanks! I feel that with Ferris under my umbrella we could have perfected industrial criminal enterprise. Like a secret track to the moon. What a waste that he's used his brain to make lovers happy instead. :lol:

Its fascinating that both the Eiffel Tower and the Ferris Wheel were created to showcase at a Worlds Fair. The world was like "what can we showcase about ourselves??" And the answer was "I dont know, make something up!" :lol:

Eyes of the World!!! :dance:

Edited by soon

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

I was suppose to go to the Dead and Company concert here July 13th.

What did you think of the GNR vinyl release announcement?

Bummer! I remember when your were arranging that and being so excited for you! So much has changed, eh? You'll never find out what ornate footwear Mayer would have worn for your show :lol: Nah, but that sucks. I wish you could go.

Im excited to get the new vinyl! I have a record player and only have Lies on vinyl so Im looking forward to adding this to me collection. In part because I can get a variety of songs. But also its fun to get a new release (so to speak). Thats just me though. What did you think?

2 hours ago, soon said:

I must have missed that! I love Coltranes version!

I think I was already asleep :facepalm::lol:

It was pretty funny.  They went from that to Days Between.  Very moving.

I have butterflies checking out my flowers this morning.  Caught Lily sitting over by the fence just watching the neighbor cleaning out his shed, lol.  It's nice for an August summer day here but we have more rain coming in.  Two more days of rain and then we go into a cool summer pattern.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

It was pretty funny.  They went from that to Days Between.  Very moving.

I have butterflies checking out my flowers this morning.  Caught Lily sitting over by the fence just watching the neighbor cleaning out his shed, lol.  It's nice for an August summer day here but we have more rain coming in.  Two more days of rain and then we go into a cool summer pattern.

Days Between kicks my ass. I only first heard it recently in the documentary. The song and its story is so panful.

Yay butterflies! Lily's no fool, she knows she needs to keep vigilant :lol:

Its been pouring all day. We've had a number of really long storms in the last few days. I got caught in one and considered is 'doing laundry.' :lol:

Aren't those summer rain storms great?  More and more I'm coming to appreciate those.

The song is really moving.  Painful in a way but all good things must come to an end too.  Doesn't leave you totally depressed but reminds you not to forget.  At least my take away.

I haven't watched Jerry Day stuff.  I did watch The Gardener on prime.  Frank Cabbot created these beautiful gardens on his property in Quebec.  You might know of the place.  I had totally forgot about Lupine and he has a bunch of it.  I don't think the gardens have a formal name.  Kind of like that.  It's just this place.

I have all kind of bugs and birds out in the yard.  Strange for this time of year but I think it has something to do with the bounty created by the rains and cooler temps.

Aren't those summer rain storms great?  More and more I'm coming to appreciate those.

The song is really moving.  Painful in a way but all good things must come to an end too.  Doesn't leave you totally depressed but reminds you not to forget.  At least my take away.

I haven't watched Jerry Day stuff.  I did watch The Gardener on prime.  Frank Cabbot created these beautiful gardens on his property in Quebec.  You might know of the place.  I had totally forgot about Lupine and he has a bunch of it.  I don't think the gardens have a formal name.  Kind of like that.  It's just this place.

I have all kind of bugs and birds out in the yard.  Strange for this time of year but I think it has something to do with the bounty created by the rains and cooler temps.

Yeah, they are. We had a huge down pour again now. Tornado warnings too.

I guess having learned of Days Between form the Prime doc impacted how I see it. To see his ex crying on screen. I guess his addiction issues lead him away from her after their reuniting had inspired Hunter to write the lyrics. 

Shoot - I thought it was on the 5th!! Gonna take at least a quick peak! Frank Cabbot rings a bell, but Im not sure if I know the gardens. Ill have to watch that too!

Im concerend that my raised bed might fill up like a cup and that the lentils and chamomile will drown!!

Yeah, I don't want to see his ex crying.

Might be nice for the homeless people to have a public bath. :lol:  I doubt your that water tight.  But I have noticed my plants that like it dry aren't doing as well.  The lavender has hardly grown at all.  I don't know if it's going to bloom this year.

I didn't think you had tornados up there.

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

Yeah, I don't want to see his ex crying.

Might be nice for the homeless people to have a public bath. :lol:  I doubt your that water tight.  But I have noticed my plants that like it dry aren't doing as well.  The lavender has hardly grown at all.  I don't know if it's going to bloom this year.

I didn't think you had tornados up there.

Yeah, I dont want to belabour the point on Jerry Day of all days, but the addiction stuff seemed to make him very 'un-Jerry' at times towards the end. And the film didnt really hide the fact that parts of the crew did more to enable his dark side than celebrate his light side. Sad. He had so much light in him! So much!

Im considering it my bath too! :lol: Still coming down hard!

Yeah, we do get tornados and way more then even just recently apparently. One tore up my neighbourhood a year or two ago. They put out a second warning. Im not sure of their protocols but I dont remember getting two warnings for the last one. So Im thinking they are expecting one. I have my solar banks charged to capacity and a beer... so Im all good! Actually when I was stepping out the door to get beer is the exact moment that the warning came. I paused for one second and decided the responsible thing to do was... take a coat with me :lol:

You're a grown man so obviously a few things flying through the air and hitting you in the head is what you need. :lol:

Leslie and I worked out the whole what's wrong with the construction issues in her area over email.  Said she had planned on fixing them but had other priorities first.  Hopefully that's the end of it.

I cut into that Arkansas watermelon, good stuff.

Jerry towards the end wasn't good.  "Little bit of it in everyone."

36 minutes ago, cineater said:

You're a grown man so obviously a few things flying through the air and hitting you in the head is what you need. :lol:

Leslie and I worked out the whole what's wrong with the construction issues in her area over email.  Said she had planned on fixing them but had other priorities first.  Hopefully that's the end of it.

I cut into that Arkansas watermelon, good stuff.

Jerry towards the end wasn't good.  "Little bit of it in everyone."

When I was young, my momma told me to be a simple kind of man. Getting hit in the head with flying objects was just an easy way to get there. :lol:

Im so happy to hear that the Leslie thing might be buttoned up! Nice job!

Nice! Did you have your get together with the other garden club?

I watched a bit of a performance for Jerry Day. They were all masked and distancing. Was s cool to see new live music and also weird to see it look so different. 

Happy Jerry Day, btw!

I only had two girls want to come.  We're getting together next Friday at 11.  I was thinking about chicken salad on croissants and cheese cubes with the watermelon cut into rectangles for a light lunch.  Sound good?  Some kind of ice tea.  Kind of feeling like I'm out classing myself. :lol:  The presentation will probably not be that great but this is what I want to eat, it's not art.

I'm getting pretty lax with covid running rampant.

I have had a couple of people tell me not to leave the garden lead spot.  I want to but I'm over protective of the place and have a vision of where we need to go with it.  I'm trying to think of what would make it better for me.  What would make it fun for me.  It's turning into duty, responsibility and obligations.

My friend who's selling her house had to call the ambulance for her father this morning.  He had a dizzy spell yesterday but it passed.  This morning he was so dizzy he couldn't walk.  Just waiting to see what's going on.  Might be a whole change of moving plans for her.  She had just decided not to move in with them and get her own place.

10 hours ago, cineater said:

I only had two girls want to come.  We're getting together next Friday at 11.  I was thinking about chicken salad on croissants and cheese cubes with the watermelon cut into rectangles for a light lunch.  Sound good?  Some kind of ice tea.  Kind of feeling like I'm out classing myself. :lol:  The presentation will probably not be that great but this is what I want to eat, it's not art.

I'm getting pretty lax with covid running rampant.

I have had a couple of people tell me not to leave the garden lead spot.  I want to but I'm over protective of the place and have a vision of where we need to go with it.  I'm trying to think of what would make it better for me.  What would make it fun for me.  It's turning into duty, responsibility and obligations.

I would be thrilled if I was served that light lunch! Sounds delicious! The iced tea is pushing it right over the top :headbang:They might start showing up at lunch time, the way that stray plants show up on your driveway! lol Sounds like it will be great. 2s good because you can all actually connect a bit which would be harder with a larger group.

Please dont get lax. Ive had a few days where I got absent minded about some things too and it was fucking dangerous.

And I've watched here were theres the "hoax" goon squad never distancing. Then others see them not distancing and stop distancing, because they feel it gives them permission not too. Then others see that and start only like pretend distancing. And suddenly no ones in masks or distancing. Its some weird social consensus psychology. But even in that case, we gotta be the ones keeping safe. I see all the craziest shit going on, like mom and dad enjoying a walk with the kids... for some reason they dont think masks or distancing applies to that scenario. Taking up all the space so that you cant get around them if you tried. I bet the same adults would distance on their own. Weird false sense of security there. I flipped the bird to yesterdays daddy. He was fuming, standing behind his kids like 'oh if my kids werent here Id beat ya' and I just pulled down my mask and blew him a kiss :lol:

I like your vision too :) Even things you couldn't have foreseen prove you vision rocks. Such as, schools here have been considering doing outdoor classes to make it safer during pandemic. You are a visionary! Is there anyway to reset and figure out how to make boundaries that allow you to have more fun and feel less burdened?

My friend who's selling her house had to call the ambulance for her father this morning.  He had a dizzy spell yesterday but it passed.  This morning he was so dizzy he couldn't walk.  Just waiting to see what's going on.  Might be a whole change of moving plans for her.  She had just decided not to move in with them and get her own place.

Im so sorry to hear this. Heavy. I hope he is okay?

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

I flipped the bird to yesterdays daddy. He was fuming, standing behind his kids like 'oh if my kids werent here Id beat ya' and I just pulled down my mask and blew him a kiss

Wait, what?  There's no conflict resolution when you pick a fight.  "You plant ice you're going to harvest wind."  I don't care how the rest of the people on the streets would handle that situation.  Make the world the place you want to live in.  Stop ringing the bell.  And now you have to go listen to Franklin's Tower.  Smoke some pot.  My deadhead mother has spoken. :lol:

They are keeping him overnight.  His pacemaker is messing up but I'm hoping they did a stroke screening.  He's like 85.  This is the what if in her whole plans of where to move next.  If either of her parents die, the other can't really stay in their home alone.  Let me tell you her parents are hoarders.  I couldn't live in their space or want to deal with all that stuff.

Yeah I've got the vision.  But I don't know if I want it to take up that much of my time.  The lead needs to be very involved and push it forward.  Feeling like I just want to float for a while until I land somewhere new.

Okay, that trash can is an impatical, extravagant expense but everytime I look at that space I think of it.  I'm getting it. 

47 minutes ago, cineater said:

Wait, what?  There's no conflict resolution when you pick a fight.  "You plant ice you're going to harvest wind."  I don't care how the rest of the people on the streets would handle that situation.  Make the world the place you want to live in.  Stop ringing the bell.  And now you have to go listen to Franklin's Tower.  Smoke some pot.  My deadhead mother has spoken. :lol:

They are keeping him overnight.  His pacemaker is messing up but I'm hoping they did a stroke screening.  He's like 85.  This is the what if in her whole plans of where to move next.  If either of her parents die, the other can't really stay in their home alone.  Let me tell you her parents are hoarders.  I couldn't live in their space or want to deal with all that stuff.

Yeah I've got the vision.  But I don't know if I want it to take up that much of my time.  The lead needs to be very involved and push it forward.  Feeling like I just want to float for a while until I land somewhere new.

Okay, that trash can is an impatical, extravagant expense but everytime I look at that space I think of it.  I'm getting it. 

But he did a mean thing first! :lol: They picked the fight and I want to live in a world without entitled assholes! :lol: Okay, fine deadhead mother, I'm going to my room to get high and listen to Franklins Tower :lol:

Thats so stressful. Terrible time to be at the hospital too. I couldn't move in with hoarders either. Lots of tricky decisions for her.

Did you send me a pick of the trash can?