Gardening

Gracii Guns

Little bit scary.  They don't know what's going on with him.  Hopefully they figure it out.

Sent you a picture.  Right above that is the ceramic matching cup.  Someday that is going to get knocked off, come down and it the ceramic trash can and they will both shatter.  But for now they are mine.

This is our last day of rain for a while.

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Little bit scary.  They don't know what's going on with him.  Hopefully they figure it out.

Sent you a picture.  Right above that is the ceramic matching cup.  Someday that is going to get knocked off, come down and it the ceramic trash can and they will both shatter.  But for now they are mine.

This is our last day of rain for a while.

Cin, that bin is gorgeous! Ive never seen one nearly that beautiful. And it fits so perfectly with your theme. I love the art work on it. Dont break it! lol

I hope the drs can sort it out asap. So scary. :( 

The question over here is - when the daily rain stops will I bother watering? haha

I know, I love the design.  If only it came in plastic.  No glass in the bathroom people!

Question is will we remember to water. :lol:  I don't even have my 2nd hose hooked up this year.

Since I asked the garden group to lunch on Friday, my side project wants to go get mulch and my daughter wants to go do nails.  I'm pretty sure Craig will pick that day to do some final touch ups.  Got nothing going on all week and everybody piles on Friday.  Sue is texting the rest of the garden club to see if they are coming. :lol:  She must be desperate for some social interaction.

Edited by cineater

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I know, I love the design.  If only it came in plastic.  No glass in the bathroom people!

Question is will we remember to water. :lol:  I don't even have my 2nd hose hooked up this year.

Since I asked the garden group to lunch on Friday, my side project wants to go get mulch and my daughter wants to go do nails.  I'm pretty sure Craig will pick that day to do some final touch ups.  Got nothing going on all week and everybody piles on Friday.  Sue is texting the rest of the garden club to see if they are coming. :lol:  She must be desperate for some social interaction.

I think the ceramic texture makes it even more beautiful. I bet it will last longer with you than it would with me! 

We got more rain! 

Oh dang - I hate when that happens. Everything all at once and nothing spread out. How much of it are you gonna try and squeeze in? How many people might Sue rope in? This a lot of chicken salad! :lol:

It always happens that way.  Such is life.

We've cooled off.  I'm looking at my plants thinking some of you have to die.  Trying to decide who I'm bringing back in the house and how I'm going to get them light.  Who I should dig up and put in the kid's yard.  And why is the tomato plant Kevin gave me only have one tomato on it that has been green forever?!

1 minute ago, cineater said:

It always happens that way.  Such is life.

We've cooled off.  I'm looking at my plants thinking some of you have to die.  Trying to decide who I'm bringing back in the house and how I'm going to get them light.  Who I should dig up and put in the kid's yard.  And why is the tomato plant Kevin gave me only have one tomato on it that has been green forever?!

Why do some need to die? Youre sounding like me (now 95% sure they are fucking wax beans :facepalm:)

Weird about the tomato plant. Have you fertilized it yet? Hopefully the roots werent tangled too much. Are there other flowers on it?

My purple jalapeno plant is doing well, it's about 2 ft tall with 25+ buds and a few flowers starting to bloom. I'm a bit worried that it will grow more peppers than it can actually support, but that's not really a bad problem to have :lol:

gjLIsY5.jpg

fKQhaIq.jpg

One of my Devil's Tongue plants got fucked up (I think it was a combination of pests and maybe over-watering?), but I transplanted the other one into a bigger pot and it's doing well now (not nearly as well as the jalapeno plant, though). Put some of my Sugar Rush peppers into bigger pots and they're doing really well, too. :D

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My purple jalapeno plant is doing well, it's about 2 ft tall with 25+ buds and a few flowers starting to bloom. I'm a bit worried that it will grow more peppers than it can actually support, but that's not really a bad problem to have :lol:

gjLIsY5.jpg

fKQhaIq.jpg

One of my Devil's Tongue plants got fucked up (I think it was a combination of pests and maybe over-watering?), but I transplanted the other one into a bigger pot and it's doing well now (not nearly as well as the jalapeno plant, though). Put some of my Sugar Rush peppers into bigger pots and they're doing really well, too. :D

Those are good looking pants. 

My devil's tongue struggled too.  I have it in a pot with other plants and I don't think it likes the competition.  Something is eating on it now.  And it's probably getting too much water.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Why do some need to die? Youre sounding like me (now 95% sure they are fucking wax beans :facepalm:)

Weird about the tomato plant. Have you fertilized it yet? Hopefully the roots werent tangled too much. Are there other flowers on it?

I can't bring all these containers in the house in the fall. :lol:  It's not like I don't have an overabundance of plants available to me each year.

The tomato had fresh soil this year.  I wouldn't think it needs fertilizer yet.  It hasn't been blooming.  It's also not the type recommended for containers.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not a bad problem at all! :lol:

Those are beautiful flowers too! And I think some purple hue on some leaves too? Im gonna recommend these as ornamentals to those hesitant to grow veggies.

Sounds like things are coming along nicely, even with the one set back. 

I can't bring all these containers in the house in the fall. :lol:  It's not like I don't have an overabundance of plants available to me each year.

The tomato had fresh soil this year.  I wouldn't think it needs fertilizer yet.  It hasn't been blooming.  It's also not the type recommended for containers.

Oh right, that makes sense. Well you could stack them in the bath tubs... :lol: You should give them away to neighbours, then after the neighbour over winters it they'll just leave it at the end of your drive way for you :lol:

Likely is that the roots arent feeling the love? Seems stalled. And yeah, some people hit it with fertilizer a few times! I usually just stick to the the egg shells I add to the hole to feed the roots. But I grow in ground mostly. 

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Not a bad problem at all! :lol:

Those are beautiful flowers too! And I think some purple hue on some leaves too? Im gonna recommend these as ornamentals to those hesitant to grow veggies.

Sounds like things are coming along nicely, even with the one set back.

Yea there's some purple hue on the leaves, they'd be nice ornamentals. There's about 10 flowers on the plant now, averaging about 3 new flowers per day over the last few days, with 3-4 more likely opening up today. I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this plant is doing.

I anticipated a few setbacks so I over-planted lol, but I'll be able to keep the best plants and give away the rest.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh right, that makes sense. Well you could stack them in the bath tubs... :lol: You should give them away to neighbours, then after the neighbour over winters it they'll just leave it at the end of your drive way for you :lol:

Likely is that the roots arent feeling the love? Seems stalled. And yeah, some people hit it with fertilizer a few times! I usually just stick to the the egg shells I add to the hole to feed the roots. But I grow in ground mostly. 

I'll let it dry out and hit it with some fertilizer.  Might help and I have plenty of it.

So I have the garden club which is mostly older single women.  Think I should invite my neighbors, Gary and Dennis?  Older guys and into gardening.  I could have my first senior's boy/girl party. :lol:  Gary has a hot tub!  This could ugly fast. :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea there's some purple hue on the leaves, they'd be nice ornamentals. There's about 10 flowers on the plant now, averaging about 3 new flowers per day over the last few days, with 3-4 more likely opening up today. I'm pleasantly surprised with how well this plant is doing.

I anticipated a few setbacks so I over-planted lol, but I'll be able to keep the best plants and give away the rest.

Cool! Thats astounding blooms as far as I know. 

Dont underestimate yourself next season :headbang:

But I cant relate to the give away, lol, Id pickle whatever harvest was too much to process and consume immediately. Then again people tease me for how little produce I share compared to other gardeners and I always snap back "when was the last time you brought me groceries?!" From which Ive leaned that I hold a very minority and antisocial position haha

I'll let it dry out and hit it with some fertilizer.  Might help and I have plenty of it.

So I have the garden club which is mostly older single women.  Think I should invite my neighbors, Gary and Dennis?  Older guys and into gardening.  I could have my first senior's boy/girl party. :lol:  Gary has a hot tub!  This could ugly fast. :blink:

Party time! Didnt your one neighbour thrill Gary by stripping to her undergarments to go in his hot tub? July 4th maybe it was? :lol: I think its a lovely idea! 

I think you plan to serve cheese cubes, which okay, my very awesome and kind grocery volunteer clearly doesnt eat cheese. I ordered a block of cheddar - that arrived as a package of Processed cheese slices. Kefir arrived as baratta (which is a lovely accident because Ive never felt justified to spend the big bucks to try baratta!). And even the Cheetos arrived weird. Some all natural white cheddar/no flavour ones arrived. Everything other than cheese was as expected. Trying to compress this American cheese into blocks! :lol:

Hope that does the trick for your tomatoes!

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool! Thats astounding blooms as far as I know. 

Dont underestimate yourself next season :headbang:

But I cant relate to the give away, lol, Id pickle whatever harvest was too much to process and consume immediately. Then again people tease me for how little produce I share compared to other gardeners and I always snap back "when was the last time you brought me groceries?!" From which Ive leaned that I hold a very minority and antisocial position haha

Well, I'll have to move them indoors over the winter, and I don't really have room for all the plants I started, hence the giveaway :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to keep the good plants going for a few years.

32 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Well, I'll have to move them indoors over the winter, and I don't really have room for all the plants I started, hence the giveaway :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to keep the good plants going for a few years.

Oh, cool! That had not occurred to me. I dont know if you've done that other years? Do they just keep producing peppers or go dormant?

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, cool! That had not occurred to me. I dont know if you've done that other years? Do they just keep producing peppers or go dormant?

I haven't done it before, but from what I understand, they'll go dormant and then hopefully produce even more next year. If I left them outside they'd probably die though, since we get lots of rain and (sometimes) snow in the winter here.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I haven't done it before, but from what I understand, they'll go dormant and then hopefully produce even more next year. If I left them outside they'd probably die though, since we get lots of rain and (sometimes) snow in the winter here.

From what I read you can take them into dormancy.  Do a little research and give it a try.  I always have problems with bringing pests in that have gotten into the soil.  I'm suppose to really soak the plant first so the pests evacuate the soil before I bring them in the house but that rarely happens. :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soon said:

This Daze Between live stream is happening! Jazz era Dead cover band!

Missed that.  Geez, I'm starting to believe Susan.  She was allowing herself to be happy about 18 days until the house is gone.  She went into the basement and discovered a pipe leaking.  Keeping the dad another night. And then her car started acting up.  She thinks the universe is against her but I'm beginning to wonder if it's not straightening her out.  That house was a money pit.  Her car is an 07 and held together with tape.  And she could use to to take care of her health.  It may be a total change for her for the better.  Or we're going to need to perform and exorcism.  :lol:

Edited by cineater

13 hours ago, cineater said:

Missed that.  Geez, I'm starting to believe Susan.  She was allowing herself to be happy about 18 days until the house is gone.  She went into the basement and discovered a pipe leaking.  Keeping the dad another night. And then her car started acting up.  She thinks the universe is against her but I'm beginning to wonder if it's not straightening her out.  That house was a money pit.  Her car is an 07 and held together with tape.  And she could use to to take care of her health.  It may be a total change for her for the better.  Or we're going to need to perform and exorcism.  :lol:

Sure sounds haunted! :lol:

I was hoping to hear that her dad was already home. Im so sorry. This sucks.

It was Joe Rossos Almost Dead. Id sent you a clip of them doing a heavy version of Althea once. They were getting super jazzy in parts.

40 minutes ago, cineater said:

Can't watch the webinar I submitted a question to today so I called Kevin. :lol:  He's going to listen for me.  At least he found my question interesting.

Both Gary and Dennis are coming. :lol:

I didnt get anything for webinar again. What is is this week? Oh, and what was your question??

You've got your seniors boy/girl party!! I love it! :lol: Get your bikini out! 

It rained all yesterday and night!

Beaker has reached his wits end with me. He's been torpedo diving my shins with great force a few mornings in a row when he was demanding second breakfast. Today when it again didnt get him any food, he just let out the most unusual and frustrated sounded squeaky-moan. And the look in his eyes too, was like "How many times do I need to ram my head into your legs before you just do whatever I say?? Why are you being so unreasonable??!!" :lol:

He's now running circles of the apartment and running up the walls in a show of force. :lol:

Lily still on watch for the psycho? Whats Simone up to? Hows Benny holding up with all the stress and odd schedules around him?

Edited by soon

Busy day.  Susan update:  Dad still in hospital, car in transmission shop for the next few days and plumber fixed the problem for another 250.  She's way over due to a meltdown.

Lily was crazy the other night running laps around the house.  Brian is back to burning.  Looks like he cleared out some room for the fence.

Yard trimmed and mowed for the garden club.  For once I haven't spent so much time at the garden my yard needs attention.  It's good to go.

That was the Wednesday MG Townhall meeting.  You don't do those.  I asked if the Virginia Copperhead weed could be used as a trapper crop.  It's a weed but the bugs love it.  Always eaten up.  I've taken up leaving in with my plants when it's not looking too weedy.

Aw hell I got into a GNR discussion. :lol:  The Dead are great but there's only so much hippy music I can take before I need some of that get up and kick some ass music. :lol:  Found the perfect song for the pandemic.  Living in the USA, Steve Miller Band, "Stand back, Stand back".

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Up with the sunrise this morning.  Was going to get up early to take the kid to breakfast anyway so why not.  Have the Extension Council meeting tonight.  Hope to learn more about the creek project.  

Hope you are having a fun breakfast together! I was actually just talking to Beaker about going to breakfast. Just describing the experience, like prisoners of war in a movie talking about favourite memories :lol: I cant wait until its safe for me to go back!! That'll be the first thing I do! Then bah mi lunch. Then either Dosa or Ethiopian dinner. Then bluegrass at the pub. One day!!

What did you get for breakfast??

It'll be good to find out whats up with the creek project. At least make it Kevin proof :lol:

Beaker let me sleep in!! When I first opened my eyes he was sitting quietly inches from my face, waiting patiently. Then I snoozed more and he watched from his perch. I think youre right about the heat keeps them out of bed - it is super cold here and he was in bed all night.