Gardening

Gracii Guns

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

Sorry I was at the garden trimming and was a mess.  Craig came up so I go to use the big boy trimmer.

Mayer looks like he's wearing a child's PJ's.  That can't be soaking up any sweat.  Beautiful view.  Yeah, white people can't dance. :lol:

No worries :) That sounds fun, I know you like your power washer so this must be a good time too! :headbang:

Mayer looks like he should be searching for food and shelter along with the other instagram-famous bozo's at the failed Fyre Festival :lol:

Trip first set so far!

The girl I let live with us the last two years of high school is pregnant.  She's 29 and they were just getting ready to start down the marriage route.  I know she really didn't want to get pregnant but she's 29 now.  She has mixed feelings.

And my daughter calls me all pissed off.  Her father called her drunk.  First off he's not suppose to be drinking.  We know when he's off the wagon and just stay away from him.  Normally he stays away from us.  She laid into him and he either he hung up or they got disconnected.  She's not taking his return call and now he's calling me, second time.  Do what you want to do but I want nothing to do with you when your drinking and apparently your daughter just told you the same. :lol:

Let's settle into the concert.  Despite Mayer's clothes he's doing good.

7 minutes ago, cineater said:

Let's settle into the concert.  Despite Mayer's clothes he's doing good.

I hate to say I agree. Almost as if they chose his best performance to rope us in after the 'end' of Shakedown Stream. He sounds great on guitar and in voice! Of course he has one more finger than Jerry had, though! :lol:

(Thats a lot for you to process about the pregnancy and phones calls :()

I missed that but than again that wouldn't have caught my eye. :lol:

He's up to 3 phone calls and two messages.  None of which I'm taking.  The kid just texted him and said they would talk later.  He wants her to call so he can be sure they are okay.  No, she's never going to be okay with your drunk ass.  And you can't talk your way out of this.

I thought Jerry used what was left of that finger to play.

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

I missed that but than again that wouldn't have caught my eye. :lol:

He's up to 3 phone calls and two messages.  None of which I'm taking.  The kid just texted him and said they would talk later.  He wants her to call so he can be sure they are okay.  No, she's never going to be okay with your drunk ass.  And you can't talk your way out of this.

I thought Jerry used what was left of that finger to play.

:lol:

Oh Cin, Im sorry to hear this. Sounds awful for both you and Karen. How frequently does he slip up, if you dont mind my asking?

Oh, I dint know that. I guess I just assumed. Cool!

Oteil sounding good On Fire! Mayer still sounding good. And I hate that :lol:

I don't think he's ever been really sober.  One of those people who runs into rehab when he's got himself into a really bad jam and wants you to feel sorry for him, don't hold him accountable.  At least how I see him.  I lost compassion for him a long time ago.  Fortunately he lives some distance away and we only have to deal with him on holidays.  My daughter's a nice person and doesn't want to hurt his feelings.  She complains about him behind his back but this is the first time she's confronted him.  But you run the risk he'll go suicidal when you do that.  

This is a great show.

So if you're not a methodical player what other kinds are there?  We'll work on my music education. 

21 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't think he's ever been really sober.  One of those people who runs into rehab when he's got himself into a really bad jam and wants you to feel sorry for him, don't hold him accountable.  At least how I see him.  I lost compassion for him a long time ago.  Fortunately he lives some distance away and we only have to deal with him on holidays.  My daughter's a nice person and doesn't want to hurt his feelings.  She complains about him behind his back but this is the first time she's confronted him.  But you run the risk he'll go suicidal when you do that.  

This is a great show.

So if you're not a methodical player what other kinds are there?  We'll work on my music education. 

You dont need that shit. I hope someone who can take it on will help him.

Really great show!

In Jazz if you arent a melodic player, you are likely a modal player. "Modal" is in reference to viewing music outside of the traditional major or minor scales which are most common in western pop music. "Modes" are musical scales that dont align with the root note of the chord progression. So if some one plays a chord progression, you can ask what the scale is. And if they said "D minor" that would make D the root note. Whats different with a mode is that it makes a different note the root note. Therefore the entire scale is shifted up or down in pitch and is always in harmony with the chord progression. (Not sure if Im doing a terrible job trying to explain this?? :lol:)

And modal playing, as popularized by John Coltrane and Davis, the melody phrases gets so disconnected from the songs melody. Its just playing within the perimeters of tempo, chord progression, mode, dynamics. It just uses the basic structure as an opportunity to free form jam. But melodic players stay on the songs given melody, while also exploring and improvising.

Thats the best I can come up with, sorry if its nonsense :lol:

Okay, not that interested. :lol:  You probably did a fine job of explaining it.  I'm good with appreciating the music without understanding how it's created.

I checked out his messages.  He wanted Caleb's number saying there was something wrong with him.  I guess he was going to give him a good talking to.  His drunken mind twisted what my daughter said into it must be Caleb's problem.  He can sure ruin your evening even if you didn't talk to him.

I ordered the Dead in the Desert charity t-shirt.

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

Okay, not that interested. :lol:  You probably did a fine job of explaining it.  I'm good with appreciating the music without understanding how it's created.

I checked out his messages.  He wanted Caleb's number saying there was something wrong with him.  I guess he was going to give him a good talking to.  His drunken mind twisted what my daughter said into it must be Caleb's problem.  He can sure ruin your evening even if you didn't talk to him.

I ordered the Dead in the Desert charity t-shirt.

Hahaha, more than fair :lol:

This sucks. He's fucking with all of you! I just want it to stop.

Cool about the shirt! I love that we did Dead in the Desert together. Also, a good chunk of the $250 000 raised by us Deadheads on Shakedown Stream came from your generous hands!! :headbang: (plus the funds form Saturday Night and everything else) 

Ripple. There is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

Not a good chunk, just a little bit.

Yeah I like the words in Ripple but Not Fade Away, the cherry on top of the ice cream. :lol:

You're involved with an alcoholic, it don't stop.  Your best option is to walk away as far as you can.

Good show. 

Not fade away should be my theme song for staying awake all show long :lol:

Well, I hope he at least passes out so your phones stop ringing.

Too bad no more encores.

He's done for the night.  Hopefully he forgets he called. :lol:

We have bad storms rolling in.  Good thing Craig got the big mower done.  I did the hand mowing earlier and only have a little bit of trimming left.  We've got rain again all next week.  It was supposed to be dry.

Wake up, shit all over my yard, plants blown over.  I can hear Mike and Sandy are outside, see Brian out there and it's 9 in the morning.  Have a text from Susan and she's in the hospital with a kidney stone and they are going to operate.  What the fuck is going on? :lol:  Guess I better go check on the garden.  Several places got hit with flash flooding.

18 minutes ago, cineater said:

Wake up, shit all over my yard, plants blown over.  I can hear Mike and Sandy are outside, see Brian out there and it's 9 in the morning.  Have a text from Susan and she's in the hospital with a kidney stone and they are going to operate.  What the fuck is going on? :lol:  Guess I better go check on the garden.  Several places got hit with flash flooding.

Poor Susan! Wtf?!?!?! Maybe the storm cleared the rest of ... shoot who's the guy bring everything? His lawn :lol:

I really hope the garden didnt get any flooding. 

Any new calls today?

We are up to the brim at the garden and the backyard is under flowing water.  The work I showed you on the path I did around the green house is under a foot of water, lol.  I'll be redoing that.  No real wind damage.  The bee hives have flowing water under them but in no danger.  Our usual flooding event.  Clark reports he caught a couple getting out of their car with a shovel and they jumped back in when they saw him eyeing them.  We lose a few plants each year to thieves.

Susan is staying in the hospital.  They can do an emergency stint today or wait till tomorrow for laser surgery.  Some good pain pills so she's waiting.  Benny will come with me if she has to stay overnight tomorrow.  At least her dad got discharged yesterday and she got him home.

No calls today.  Now that's he's sober I'm the last call he wants to make, lol.  And if he's hoping I'll call to check on him, I passed the point of concern a long time ago.  Saved me and the kid and that's all I can do.

We are up to the brim at the garden and the backyard is under flowing water.  The work I showed you on the path I did around the green house is under a foot of water, lol.  I'll be redoing that.  No real wind damage.  The bee hives have flowing water under them but in no danger.  Our usual flooding event.  Clark reports he caught a couple getting out of their car with a shovel and they jumped back in when they saw him eyeing them.  We lose a few plants each year to thieves.

Susan is staying in the hospital.  They can do an emergency stint today or wait till tomorrow for laser surgery.  Some good pain pills so she's waiting.  Benny will come with me if she has to stay overnight tomorrow.  At least her dad got discharged yesterday and she got him home.

No calls today.  Now that's he's sober I'm the last call he wants to make, lol.  And if he's hoping I'll call to check on him, I passed the point of concern a long time ago.  Saved me and the kid and that's all I can do.

Sucks about your path! Glad its no worse then an average flooding. People are such odd balls - like if you have a car, a shovel and a garden, I bet you can afford to pay for one plant!

Oh my goodness. Susan! Im glad she has you. 

So theres an unexpected pregnancy? Whats developing with that?

Also, RIP Jerry Garcia. What a gift to the world.

It is Jerry day.  Can't believe it's been 25 years.

Danielle is 29.  They have a house already and he was getting ready to propose.  Not going according to plans but just a change in plans.  She didn't end up a pregnant high school dropout, a first in her family.  She has changed her life from where it was going to where she wanted it to.  Been a bumpy road for her but she did it.  The baby is due in March so she'll be in Karen's bridesmaid dress by the wedding in June.  I'm kind of excited for the baby shower.  I'm going to buy her some cool shit.

My neighborhood got a little beat up by that storm.  My pot head got blown over and I have branches driven into the ground.  Nothing major just a little unusual.  Brian is burning again.  He put up another bird feeder on the property line 3 feet off the ground.  Like that won't attract my cats.  They can't even see it from their house.  Fortunately my cats are staying away because he has been active out there.

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

It is Jerry day.  Can't believe it's been 25 years.

Danielle is 29.  They have a house already and he was getting ready to propose.  Not going according to plans but just a change in plans.  She didn't end up a pregnant high school dropout, a first in her family.  She has changed her life from where it was going to where she wanted it to.  Been a bumpy road for her but she did it.  The baby is due in March so she'll be in Karen's bridesmaid dress by the wedding in June.  I'm kind of excited for the baby shower.  I'm going to buy her some cool shit.

My neighborhood got a little beat up by that storm.  My pot head got blown over and I have branches driven into the ground.  Nothing major just a little unusual.  Brian is burning again.  He put up another bird feeder on the property line 3 feet off the ground.  Like that won't attract my cats.  They can't even see it from their house.  Fortunately my cats are staying away because he has been active out there.

Sounds like you've been an incredible impact in Danielles life! Good thing shell have time to make weight for the dress :lol: Will a Dancing Bears onesie be on you list? 

I thought I was your pot head?? :lol:

That really is a set up for your girls. People make no sense sometimes. 

The mailman is back.  He was out for a month with covid.  Didn't end up in the hospital but lost 45 pounds.  Said he handles 10,000 pieces of mail a day but then he wasn't being cautious either.

Fuck me! Well Im glad that you are taking it seriously. Glad he's back... and keep back from him! 

We helped Danielle but I have to say she had her mind set and she's done good.

Apparently we got 5 inches of rain last night.

Caleb is working on the front planter.  Looking good.  I'm trying to convince him not to use so much rock.  I look at all that bare dirt and the soil he'll be bringing in and think disturbance. :lol:  All those seeds in the soil are now being disturbed.  Lots of opportunity to germinate.  We could let them do that and then put black plastic on top of it for a few days and kill them or put down cardboard and pile on the mulch.    Big area to cover.

I have to go get Susan's cat.