Gardening

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, cineater said:

We helped Danielle but I have to say she had her mind set and she's done good.

Apparently we got 5 inches of rain last night.

Caleb is working on the front planter.  Looking good.  I'm trying to convince him not to use so much rock.  I look at all that bare dirt and the soil he'll be bringing in and think disturbance. :lol:  All those seeds in the soil are now being disturbed.  Lots of opportunity to germinate.  We could let them do that and then put black plastic on top of it for a few days and kill them or put down cardboard and pile on the mulch.    Big area to cover.

I have to go get Susan's cat.

Very cool on her!

Caleb should take more of your wisdom and experience into account. I guess we're all like that sometimes with people we are close too.

31 minutes ago, cineater said:

Got him.  He'd probably rather be at home but he seemed happy to see me.  He's use to Susan being around all the time.  He's a big boy.  He's got whiskers 6 inches long!  (As close as you can get with a ruler to a cats whisker. :lol:)

Benny - What a cutie!!! I'm sure he is happy to see you! I love that you tried to measure his whiskers! :lol: I'd do the same! lol

Caleb has his landscaping friend talking in his ear.  I'm thrilled he wants to be a gardener.  Can't wait to get the plants.  I'm standing by but I want him to have the did it by himself pride.  It's his vision.  Can do what he wants.  I won't be the one dealing with rock or taking it out. :lol:

Benny so wants to be friends with Lily.  He comes from a home where he had another cat as a buddy.  She died last year.  He sits there and chippers at Lily.  Lily hisses at him.  Simone hasn't come in yet.  I have Benny in the plant room so Lily would relax a bit.  Susan can relax now.

24 minutes ago, cineater said:

Caleb has his landscaping friend talking in his ear.  I'm thrilled he wants to be a gardener.  Can't wait to get the plants.  I'm standing by but I want him to have the did it by himself pride.  It's his vision.  Can do what he wants.  I won't be the one dealing with rock or taking it out. :lol:

Benny so wants to be friends with Lily.  He comes from a home where he had another cat as a buddy.  She died last year.  He sits there and chippers at Lily.  Lily hisses at him.  Simone hasn't come in yet.  I have Benny in the plant room so Lily would relax a bit.  Susan can relax now.

Thats thoughtful of you. It will feel good for him, and his friend!

Im glad Susan can relax. Lily's not so sure :lol: 

I dont mean to alarm you... but what if Benny is the haunting presence? :wow::wow::lol:

Well, she does say all her troubles started when Benny showed up. :lol:  Not true, started when she got that house.  They've just revved up and Benny happen along.  I was with her when she picked him up at the shelter.  She was looking for a friend for her cat because the other one died.  He took to the other cat real well.

He was crying because I closed the door to Lily and she wanted out.  All 3 of them are sitting in the living room, social distancing.  Simone came in and walked right over to smell him up.  She wasn't real happy when he wanted to do the same. :lol:  Susan is going to have to get him another cat when she gets settled.  I feel bad he has to go home tomorrow but Susan needs him.  I think he misses other cats.

12 hours ago, cineater said:

Well, she does say all her troubles started when Benny showed up. :lol:  Not true, started when she got that house.  They've just revved up and Benny happen along.  I was with her when she picked him up at the shelter.  She was looking for a friend for her cat because the other one died.  He took to the other cat real well.

He was crying because I closed the door to Lily and she wanted out.  All 3 of them are sitting in the living room, social distancing.  Simone came in and walked right over to smell him up.  She wasn't real happy when he wanted to do the same. :lol:  Susan is going to have to get him another cat when she gets settled.  I feel bad he has to go home tomorrow but Susan needs him.  I think he misses other cats.

Benny sounds like a sweat heart.

How is Susan and her Dad?

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Did you sign up for Forest Bathing?  I really want to do that but I may be tied up with Susan.

We are extreme heat and humidity today with storms feeding off it this evening.

I will sign up - thanks for sending the link!! Sounds cool!

Cosmic Cat is far out! Shut die in the Dead video for China Cat Sunflower! I cant tell who the cat is?

That was one freaky cat pic if you're thinking he has some kind of powers. :lol:  I'm outside and Benny is inside.  It's the reflection off the glass that makes everything look like it's vibrating when he opens his mouth.

Susan is in surgery prep.  I might just make it back for Forest Bathing.  I'm due for a walk in the woods.

8 minutes ago, cineater said:

That was one freaky cat pic if you're thinking he has some kind of powers. :lol:  I'm outside and Benny is inside.  It's the reflection off the glass that makes everything look like it's vibrating when he opens his mouth.

Susan is in surgery prep.  I might just make it back for Forest Bathing.  I'm due for a walk in the woods.

Ha - I have so many typos lately, sorry! :lol: Benny is cool!

Thad be good for you - you've had a lot on your plate. All the best to Susan.

That cat pic was taken while she was being preped for surgery.  If something happens to her on the table, that cat is out of here! :lol:  He is a pretty cool cat.  Whiskers that go on forever.

Zack almost got all the wood worked fixed in the native beds.  Batteries ran down.  I'm wondering if the brush fence survived the flood.  Getting ready to run up and take a look.

10 minutes ago, cineater said:

That cat pic was taken while she was being preped for surgery.  If something happens to her on the table, that cat is out of here! :lol:  He is a pretty cool cat.  Whiskers that go on forever.

Zack almost got all the wood worked fixed in the native beds.  Batteries ran down.  I'm wondering if the brush fence survived the flood.  Getting ready to run up and take a look.

Thats great about the native beds!

Im glad Benny has you three to take care of him.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I cant do this class, Cin. It requires that I have a Missouri Conservation ID to register. :( 

If you are able to watch it, can you please send me the link to try yours?

I don't have one either.  There was two links and you had to use the other link.  Registration is closed now.  I'll forward you the link.  I think we can both get in on it.

Susan and Benny are home.  I sent the ducks home with DJ.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't have one either.  There was two links and you had to use the other link.  Registration is closed now.  I'll forward you the link.  I think we can both get in on it.

Susan and Benny are home.  I sent the ducks home with DJ.

Thanks. Bt when I click your link it asks me for the ID again. Im a dummy for missing the second option. Darn. Im glade youll get to enjoy it. Well earned walk in the woods!

Im so happy to hear this. And I bet that Benny is taking good care of her. I thought DJ didnt want the ducks?

34 minutes ago, soon said:

Sorry you missed it too!

:lol:

I bet Susans happy to be home? Whats the recovery time expected to be?

I don't know.  I drove her car home and she went with DJ.  She went straight to bed when we got there.

We got a major storm right before the webinar.  Lost power for minute.  Stuff all over my yard.  The pothead is down again.

I finally decided to talk to Marsha about what Alex said to me.  It's been bothering me.  She wasn't very happy with the information either.  

34 minutes ago, cineater said:

I don't know.  I drove her car home and she went with DJ.  She went straight to bed when we got there.

We got a major storm right before the webinar.  Lost power for minute.  Stuff all over my yard.  The pothead is down again.

I finally decided to talk to Marsha about what Alex said to me.  It's been bothering me.  She wasn't very happy with the information either.  

Youre a good friend.

Fucking Alex. I wanna wedgie him. :lol:

We've had daily down pours and nightly down pours for... a month now? Something like that. Bonkers!

Some folks are still without power.  That's twice now the deadhead has hit the ground.  It's been in that spot for a couple years now and never did that.  The wind damage this time is different.  At least it rained enough to wash off the plants.

Yeah the whole Alex Extension thing feels like I'm back on the job.  And relations with Leslie haven't improved.  I reported what I saw.  She contradicted me by her assessment of the situation after the flood waters went down.  I said the water was in one place and she reports it wasn't that high.  It was less than a foot from where I was standing, lol.  Whatever.

I know what your thinking.  The first wind damage was before I knew Benny was coming to visit. :lol:  He's not a demon cat.

11 hours ago, cineater said:

Some folks are still without power.  That's twice now the deadhead has hit the ground.  It's been in that spot for a couple years now and never did that.  The wind damage this time is different.  At least it rained enough to wash off the plants.

Yeah the whole Alex Extension thing feels like I'm back on the job.  And relations with Leslie haven't improved.  I reported what I saw.  She contradicted me by her assessment of the situation after the flood waters went down.  I said the water was in one place and she reports it wasn't that high.  It was less than a foot from where I was standing, lol.  Whatever.

I know what your thinking.  The first wind damage was before I knew Benny was coming to visit. :lol:  He's not a demon cat.

HAHA, thats exactly what I was thinking! :lol: Nah, he's a sweetie.

Yikes, youre getting hit hard with the storms. So weird about the pothead.

Alex and Leslie sound like a real chore. 

My borage is finally in bloom.

Send me a picture.

Went to weed the Iris bed and first weed I go to pull has an inground wasp nest.  One of the rare occasions I'm wearing gloves so I didn't get a hard sting.  Just enough to alert me to their presence.  Washed off the plants the rain didn't clean up.  We had a few down branches and the parking lot is a mess with plant litter.  Other than that we made it through 60 mile an hour winds last night.

You know, they really aren't my problem.  It's a group problem.  I'm throwing it back on the group.  Leslie is going to side step him and get the area certified by a couple of big groups as a special native area.  The Extension Council is going to love the certifications and he won't be able to make us redo it.

14 minutes ago, cineater said:

Send me a picture.

Went to weed the Iris bed and first weed I go to pull has an inground wasp nest.  One of the rare occasions I'm wearing gloves so I didn't get a hard sting.  Just enough to alert me to their presence.  Washed off the plants the rain didn't clean up.  We had a few down branches and the parking lot is a mess with plant litter.  Other than that we made it through 60 mile an hour winds last night.

You know, they really aren't my problem.  It's a group problem.  I'm throwing it back on the group.  Leslie is going to side step him and get the area certified by a couple of big groups as a special native area.  The Extension Council is going to love the certifications and he won't be able to make us redo it.

I took you some good ones I think! they are downward facing so neat lighting.

Yikes! I didnt even know underground hives were a thing! Soon thing for those gloves! 

I love the gameplay, Cin. Check and Mate!! 

Maybe you can take some time for yourself today and get that walk in the woods in that we missed yesterday?

Nooo, somebody included Alex on the email chain and he came back with it has to be approved by the Counsel before we apply for certification.  I don't think they will care but he's throwing red tape in there hoping we won't pursue it and trying to establish the counsel as needing to approve everything we do.  We already have that set up with them but he's trying to give them more control.

Yeah a lot of Missouri native bees live in ground.

No time for me.  I have to take Susan to get her car.

22 minutes ago, cineater said:

Nooo, somebody included Alex on the email chain and he came back with it has to be approved by the Counsel before we apply for certification.  I don't think they will care but he's throwing red tape in there hoping we won't pursue it and trying to establish the counsel as needing to approve everything we do.  We already have that set up with them but he's trying to give them more control.

Yeah a lot of Missouri native bees live in ground.

No time for me.  I have to take Susan to get her car.

She's up and at it already? Impressive! Very kind of you as always :headbang:Has she made mention of improving her diet or anything?

:facepalm: I hate group emails so much. Thats a great example of why. We are so dumb as a species. :lol:

The guy who included him is now arguing back.  I had spoke to him while I was at the gardens today about my concerns.  He found them concerning.  And now he sees what I was talking about. :lol:

Del copied me on an e-mail he sent to the new Ferguson mayor congratulating her on getting the job.  Ferguson, the place of all the riots a few years ago who just elected their first black person (female) to mayor.  Me and only me copied.  I have no idea why he did that.  :lol:  No idea why he sent an e-mail.

Yeah she's up.  She closes in two weeks.  That's going to get here fast.

The sting is spreading.  Hurts to move my wrist.  Oh the joys of gardening.